The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Leaving.
Well, yet another absence for the server to deal with.

Maybe I didn't make the biggest impact while I was here, but I had fun, at least with some people.

My reasons for going are simple. With all the restart nonsense, and the talk of character wipes, I could ultimately deal with that.

What I can't deal with is the fact of something that was brought to my attention shortly ago, by a friend of mine who was here to witness the incident.

This goes back to the one named Valen, and the so called "ban list" the GMs on here compile behind peoples backs.

For the most part, I can understand the need to discuss characters behind there back when they are a troublemaker.

I can't abide, however, by the fact that in my case, the GMs were ultimately sticking their noses in where it didn't belong, and using private RP events as cause for banishment from the server.

The event in question was the founding of the Knights of the Queen. A Forsaken guild. I was invited to this event by Lorailis, one of the head people in it.

So I go there on my Death Knight. A HUMAN death knight. And they welcome me there, because I am a death knight. And I was the only one there that had been invited.

Apparently some GMs think that's cause for a ban. Like I stepped up and crashed the event maliciously.

That, in and of itself, is the most childish antic I have seen on here. And worse still because it's coming from the GMs who were are supposed to be able to trust, but apparently we can't.

I'm probably not alone in my disgust over what has been happening here recently. I mean, every action seems like nothing more than it's designed to shut us up when we try to discuss the forum at large.

Several of us, myself included, were threatened via PM and warned to not join in the thread about the server restart any longer. The problem with that is that the ones warned were the most outspoken for NOT having character wipes.

And then the thread was ultimately locked, so we, the player base, could no longer discuss the future of our server. Because while the GMs may have all the power, the server is as much ours as it is yours.

So, I'm moving on to other locales to spend my time. I refuse to be a part of a server which practices underhanded tactics, and this place over the past few days seems to be increasingly one of those places.

Adieu
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
Well, always was fun RPing with you and you got my yahoo so hurr.. Speak to you on there. Not much what else to say seeing we tend to talk frequently and I knew it already so..

Stay strong out there.
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Makes me wonder...what is going on here? Can't we all be friends?
Wow.. that is just.. wow. Good luck on your travels, friend. That is just... ugh. The drama resurfaces.
Taking away someones freedom of speech with threats is messed up. That is just something that should be deeply frowned upon, and I hope it is.
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
Prosper! I wish the best for you and for the post office to actually work!
Little by little, one travels far.
Au revoir, armoire!

Hey, it rhymes, that's all what matters.

You have my "best o' luck", I always mean those.
I have no idea you got banned for that man, and I feel responsible because it was an event I headed. Though the ban was somewhat uncalled for. Heck, didn't even know you weren't allowed there when it was my event! Well, hope to see you around more often in other stuff!
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
My my, how much misinformation in one thread can there be?

garrett Wrote:The event in question was the founding of the Knights of the Queen. A Forsaken guild. I was invited to this event by Lorailis, one of the head people in it.

So I go there on my Death Knight. A HUMAN death knight. And they welcome me there, because I am a death knight. And I was the only one there that had been invited.

Apparently some GMs think that's cause for a ban. Like I stepped up and crashed the event maliciously.

Some GMs are more strict than others. However, I'll point out that you weren't banned, and you were struck from that list rather quickly. What, exactly, is the problem?

garrett Wrote:Several of us, myself included, were threatened via PM and warned to not join in the thread about the server restart any longer. The problem with that is that the ones warned were the most outspoken for NOT having character wipes.

At least try to be honest when you ragequit. Here is an exact copy of the PM you were sent:

Hawk Wrote:This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=15&p=97100#p97100 .

Along most, if not all your posts in the 'Those two ugly words...' thread.

Garrett, I'd like to humbly request you stay back for a while from this thread. ALL of your posts have been nothing but hostile. You're overreacting greatly. You've violated the number 1 rule so many times it's not even amusing. Whilst it's good you're putting opinions forward, there is no excuse for being this rude.

Cut it out.

You were warned for being hostile. Now, can you point out where in this you were threatened? Also, can you provide proof that the hostile people on the other side were not spoken to as well? (Hint: At least one was.)

garrett Wrote:And then the thread was ultimately locked, so we, the player base, could no longer discuss the future of our server. Because while the GMs may have all the power, the server is as much ours as it is yours.

I cannot even begin to express how incorrect this is. It was locked for turning into a flame war. And no, the server is not yours. It's Kretol's and mine. We decide where the server goes, you play here if you so choose based on what we want the server to be. We are under no obligation at all to allow you a say in anything if we don't want to.

Goodbye.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Thanks for clearing that up, Grakor. It does get confusing sometimes, people responding out of anger. The whole "conspiracy, us against them, REVOLUTION!!!" mentality, while highly appealing, does nothing but divide. I'm glad that the good players have been seperated from the bad.
Yeah I was warned rather respectfully, and I was supporting the GM's. /shrug. They told me to STFU and I did. I mean you're going to leave if that's what you feel is right, but They weren't just targeting people who were against it they were targeting those who were hostile.

I did take it too far, and I apologize for that I just thought everyone was acting kind of spoiled. If you don't want to reconsider that's your business but, at least know you weren't targeted unfairly. Happy holidays.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
I'd also like to mention...

Cressyfish Wrote:I am going to lock the thread.

Honestly, I can admit I was being passive aggressive in the thread and it seems to have taken its toll on everyone, and for that, I apologize deeply for it.

This was what I locked the thread with. Not because I didn't want to hear the players' voices, but because I felt I was a major cause of the hostility.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Cressyfish, don't blame yourself for such a thing. We -all- threw wood into that fire..

But, now's the time we sit down, be friendly, and use the fire for something useful.

... Marshmellows, anyone?
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaving. DoctorDaveMD 7 1,839 09-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Kull
  Leaving Aadora 26 3,036 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Ural
  leaving for Real life RP Blish2202 5 1,206 07-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Ural
  Relax, I'm not leaving, just taking a chill. (UPDATED WITH SCHEDULE CHANGES) CappnRob 0 594 07-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Losing it, leaving maybe Saronsen 10 1,842 12-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin