The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

If I'm not back again this time tomorrow...
... carry on, carry on...

Hello, CotH. Already, you can probably tell by the half-out of place Queen lyric as the thread title and what forum this is in what's going to be posted here. To start things off, I'd like to just throw it out there that I'm not following the "nooooo theoretical restart be stealin ma buckit/tradeskills" crowd, and that this actually has very, very little to do with what's been happening on CotH lately, though I suppose it hasn't been helping me all that much.

In a manner most worrying and unhealthy, I've been bouncing in and out of depression for a variety of reasons (namely my future and the variety of factors currently affecting it - y'know, typical teenage angst) since about July, just before I came back to CotH after slipping away for about a year when I was a random new guy who didn't devote himself to the server in the slightest. I've changed a lot since then, and this time around, it almost seems as though I've done the exact opposite. I feel like I've invested far too much of myself to the server (which may sound a bit odd, seeing how little I've accomplished, but still), and the internet as a whole. I've made the mistake of keeping my worries and concerns bottled up from my friends and family, for the most part, which was a massive mistake I intend to learn from.

I guess I've just sort of been pumping a lot of my emotions into a keyboard - including my frustrations, funnily enough. On that note, I'd like to expressly apologise to anyone I've annoyed or offended during my stint here. I think I may have been too wrapped up in what's going on in my own head a lot of the time to consider what could be going through other people's, so, to everyone - I'm sorry.

Really, though, I'm sure a lot of you who know me find that something doesn't add up when you look at the times I'm online at on weekdays and then look at my location. That's another thing that's unhealthy, and something I can seriously see being detrimental to my future. So yeah.

Still, I think CotH really has been helping me stay... ah, stable, for the past four months or so. In particular (to be as annoyingly cryptic as possible), there's been this - we'll call it a crutch - propping me upright. I think, primarily through my own inadverted machinations, that I've recently sort of knocked this crutch out of the picture, and I've kinda collapsed accordingly. That's all I'm really comfortable with saying, but I feel it's a vague yet suitable analogy. Suffice to say, I feel like just curling up and dying right about now.

I need to deal with this, guys, though I really have no idea where to start. In truth, I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with this, at all. I might be pulling the whole absence thing out of my arse, and I honestly could be back here at 18:15 GMT, Thursday 17th December, for all you or I know. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I think I can confirm that I've lost my motivation to log in and hustle RP every day, at the very least. I think of it like a slowly descending downwards spiral, and recent events - no, not the ones you'd think - have knocked me right down to the bottom, although I really wouldn't attribute it to any one incident.

As for where the hell my characters are at during this disappearance, we'll see. At the moment, I'm tempted to write Jared off as having went MIA during a solo patrol into the Western Plaguelands, nearing Andorhal. Miles hasn't returned from one of his ambiguous "business trips", and Daranar's loyalist arse hasn't been seen since the fall of Rommath's Silvermoon. Sheckley's been neither seen nor heard since last Sunday's Gnomeregan event and Hala'ki is still with the Echoes until further notice. That's something I can more or less confirm - I will be attending Sunday's final push for the Isles, or at least I'll put my best effort in depending on how, uh, functional I'm feeling. I really want to wrap Hal's mini-plot up and to participate in the culmination of an incredibly enjoyable storyline, and I want to see everyone's work and/or heaps of fun through to the end, at least.

To everyone I've spoken to, roleplayed with or otherwise interacted with in the slightest here on CotH - thank you. Everyone of you has helped make the last few months so much more enjoyable and, well, bearable for me, and consequently, I love you all. :D I don't feel like naming names, but I suppose, generalisations aside, the people I'm talking about can figure out who they are.

I feel I owe a lot to the server as a whole, so much more than I'll ever be able to pay back. However, I hope that this will suffice:

/target CotH
/hug

... /cuddle

At worst, this is a farewell. At best, this is me being a lil' b***h and I'll be crawling back soon enough. :P While my actual activity is liable to grind to a halt, I think I'm prone to lurk the boards. Thanks for reading through that unnecessarily long post. I kinda got carried away there, as y'do.

In whatever case, take it easy, you all - that's certainly what I'll be trying to do. <3

Nothing really matters...

o7
Depressions are hard, because they never seem logical. Good luck digging into whatever the hell it is though, and I hope you find your answers to it!
*Hugs*

Bah, you're too aware you're being a angsty moany lil' teen to not make it out just fine. Work it outa' yer system through profound literature, loose women (or guys*smirk*), hard drinks and profound meditation, and see you back soon.

*Slaps back*

Go get'm - IRL's one of the easy instances.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Just realized what a brotherhood CoTH has created out of a ragtag group of gamers like us. Heh. Well, the important thing is that I'm proud we've helped you grow in here, in a way.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
I wish you luck in the future, Sol, if we don't see you again.

I have no doubts you'll be missed. :>
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
A Lion King quote fits perfectly...

"Wait, there's no mountain to great! Hear the words and have faith."

Though I disagree with faith due it being blindly believing in something... but sometimes, ignorance can be a bliss. Be ignorant when you're down. <3

Best o' luck!
Take care and good luck! Depression is pretty terrible and I hope you can dig yourself out of it.
[Image: Signature.png]
I don't think we've RPed...or talked much. But I can relate. I hope you take care and everything comes out A-Okay. =)
"Everybody sees what you appear to be, few feel what you are..."
-Niccolò Machiavelli
Take care of yourself Sol, Hope to see you back around.
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

The last time 'round we parted, we were both human nubs in a corrupt inquisitor force for Stormwind, on the Earthen Ring EU server. We didn't talk particularly much OOC, but we got along fine.

...Then I met Jared, and we talked about, and recognized eachother. that was awesome. :3 And then we had lotsa awesome gladiator RP, until our characters both went home to fight for their people. I continued to RP with your character Halaki, which was also awsome. :3

Anyway, regardless of how long this absence is going to be, I'm sorry to hear you're going. I wish you best of luck out there, and I sincerely hope you can sort out your issues.

/hug
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
As everyone said before me: Go and tackle that depression. I hope you feel better.
Looks like you need some Majyk.

Characters
Spoiler:
Ordin
Bregar Cimitero
Luscia Cimitero
Freya Grey
Blaudia Nihil
Roderick Giordano
Majyk
Apostasy
Azibo
Maxwell Pennington
Vyriel
Derin Taylor
Yeva Everbloom
Evissa
Vivi
I can relate, actually. I really hope you find the answers you need, Jared.

In the words of my Dwarf, Bjornfot, "May yer mug always be full."

G'Luck, buddy.
Take care, show that depression who's boss!
Little by little, one travels far.
Sol. Good luck with whatever you're thrown at, man. You're a damn good guy.

And also, your taste in music is impeccable. So, that being said, Be excellent to life!

AND PARTY ON, DUDE!

<3
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
JAAAAAAAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

It's a common greeting no?
Ever since the Company split, we didn't get much of a chance to RP afterwards, but nonetheless OOCed it through.
Good luck Sol. Your own mind's a death trap and you win it by (ironically enough) wishing it through.
We'll welcome you back with open arms :wink:

ya' kno' we lurv ya. <3
waaaghu~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gone, for the time being. Geoni 13 2,937 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Hey uh... I'll be right back. KomodoTheCashew 2 1,329 07-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Last Post: KomodoTheCashew
  One More Time! WindZealot 4 1,563 05-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Last Post: WindZealot
  Time to go. Stealthscout 14 2,555 04-22-2014, 10:39 AM