The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Character Esque?
I was just sitting here staring at my screen in desperation, being at a loss for what new character to make of which I hadn't already, when I chanced upon an idea...

What is your favorite type of character? And by this, I mean discordant, nice, vindictive, hot-headed, conflicting, JAMES BONDY, pathetic, underdog, lazy...you get the picture.

Mine, personally, is the Nicer, slightly clueless and internally conflicting type of character. Something 3-dimensional and flexible. Combat neutral, but not looking for a fight. I'd say my particulars in race and class would be humans with warrior tendencies. When that gets a little old, I just might roll a rather nasty character with horns and epic two-handers in each hand. You can never go wrong with double Despairs! :D
Hmm, mine would probably be the academic. I do love having a Dwarf miner, though! The academic can be arrogant, but is still someone you could get along with. Even the warriors could learn from them!
Characters!
Gatwazzak'fon - Friendly neighborhood drug dealer
Run'gal Ashclaw - Orc Pyremaster
Vincetti Delgado - Wannabe pirate captain
Tensin Spiritrunner - Orc Spiritmaster
I like characters with smarm.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
My favorite type of character to play has to be the underdog, who wants only to do right by his mind and keep those he trusts close to him, but who is occasionally tempted by evil.
Spoiler:
[Image: BetheSteel-1.png]
[Image: BetheSteel-2.png]
[Image: BetheSteel-3.png]
[Image: BetheSteel-4.png]
[Image: BetheSteel-6.png]
[Image: BetheSteel-7.png]
[Image: BetheSteel-8.png]
I like characters (and always have) that blurr the lines of "Alliance vs. Horde". Ones that aren't afraid to adventure, and take potentially profitable risks, even with their lives. They usually have a neutral outlook to almost anything, usually coming from a "I've got nothing to lose" background as well. Time is money friend!

:D
My favourite kind of character is the one that has an energetic personality yet falls within the bounds of that character's culture very closely, if not on the dot [[To the best of my ability that is XD.]]

I don't like beign the one that is powerful, though I love being at the same level as much of the community is in - Often times this ends up trying to be a powerful person O_o. This wasn't the case in CotH though, which is one of the things I like about it XD. I like making 'average everyday characters' with a twist of some kind, even if just a small one, otherwise I lose interest in the character very quickly, and I like detailing everything about their goals and interests!

I also like creating the... Strange character, though only in communities that accept it/it is appropriate in. I've made characters that I would never even DREAM About owning in Conquest of the Horde. That is how it should be, too ^-^. I like this question, props to the OP! *Tries to do a Hi-five!*
Ah, interesting thread. We all more or less have a general type that we, maybe unintentionally at times, strive to play out.

My type would be the, by the looks of it, quite ordinary character; but as one comes nearer his personality, it's more and more noticeable that he's very hateful because of a distorted view of the thing he hates. For instance, my oldest character Ariminus would do anything to kill off any thug he saw. And I mean -anything-. The true 'the end justifies the means'-kind of guy. Recently I tried playing him without the goal that he had had for so long, and found that he didn't feel like the same person, at all.

These characters of mine are generally very, very driven, and once their ultimate goal is set, they strive towards it, fanatically.
The type of character I usually play is the one who is rather very quirky and intelligent and tries to do her own (skewed-up or perfect) rendition of goodness.

Most of my characters blur the lines of racial hatred and culture but still adhere to it. Some are exceptions, like Cerise, who thinks that anything fleshy and meaty are lesser and therefore their own personal battles are theirs, and she doesn't care how people think of her - she will kill them if the need arises.

While some, like Esnaariya, try to find a better future for the world even though it might never ever happen - and so she just goes with the flow and tries to fit in to the best of her abilities.

Some are more concerned with their own personal good rather than a world-wide good, and so they might be a bit more selfish and conceited, as well...
[Image: princesssig.jpg]

There is always a way.
I'd say my type of character would be the kind that's a bit hot headed and loves fighting, but sometimes is patient and thinks something through (usually when someone else is involved, only to annoy them. Or not.)

I also love to Roleplay an annoy barstard you just want to choke, with a side of randomness you'd never expect. Via Chad and Roove.
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
My type of character is the one who doesn't stop infront of anything. That wants to go high and rise to the top, but still remembers his roots. With quite an ego, but still a cool guy. Could always enjoy a little fun and is always ready for battle. Hot-headed that doesn't care what's going on around him, unless it is hurting his interests/friends/family.
I think I would enjoy a mysterious type, kind of a traveller who is following certain goal without carrying about the world at all, but not sure I will hold on to this, so for now my favourite is teh cheerful guy, who can find the bright side of everything. Hebry is the perfect example for my favourite type of character. And from character that aren't mine - I like Scotaidh a lot!!! :mrgreen:
Favourite? For it varies depending on what ideas I am most psyched on but I tend to lean towards the morally challenged, the real kind of evil. (Not the fantasy "let's-eradicate-all-life-evil.) I also like RPing the everyday person, farmer's, guards and such. But in the end I always try to challenge myself, never make to character too much alike each other.

Example on a true challenge would be my sociopathic warlock on retail based on a diagnosis I made by using DCM. Another was an eredar old enough to have been adult on Argus.

There are some factors that almost all my characters seem to share. They ICly know how to survive in the wilds, some perhaps just staying by the roadside for a night but at least something. This cause I dislike city RP and prefer getting out and moving about.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Interesting topic. I think I have a sort of problem, because a lot of my characters are somewhat handicapped when it comes to any sort of battle or fight. It's not that I go out of my way to do so, just that I really can't do it well. LOL

The majority of my characters, though, would be considered 'everyday' by RPG standards. Even with everyday characters, there's still conflicts; maybe not the "we have to invade Northrend and kill the Scourge" conflicts, but still conflicts. I enjoy all that mush a little more than large campaigns. -But- that's just my favourite, personaly.
Flawed characters are probably my favourite.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

My go-to character is the greedy one, with no remorse, guilt or honor. He can easily be bought, and is in general evilish/shadyish, with no real friends, but rather associates.
Hence why I 95% of the time play as rogues, hehe.
[Image: tsviettiny.jpg]
TEMP TEMP TEMP TEMP TEMP TEMP TEMP
Average, not always confident in their skills. Might be a little mouthy due to that lack of confidence. Seems to give me lots of room for growth.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut