The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location)
The subject title explains it all, yes? IC OOC L... sound that out many times in repeat and profit. (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location)

Well, right. This is short and stout. We have OOCC and theres always people there. So why not make it IC? How you ask? Simple;

A location where people can idle around like in OOCC but instead, they are OOC so that they are IC? Makes sense right?

An example;
I have horrible indigestion and gas from over indulging myself with food. Instead of complaining about my uncomfort I do it through my character Like so;
Drarry Longbottom: "My god my arse cheeks burn and my stomach churns! Wish I hadnt eaten that bloody chili!"
Or we read on the news about something kewl or terrible
Drarry Longbottom: "Hah! Did ya hear about that remote vylkur society called f'Winland? Those suckers are just a punch of sad drunkards... and they secretly envy their next door villagers, the Swedbergs."

Whats the point, you ask? Well, there is no point. It was a brainfart I had earlier today and as I threw it out in the open, people seemed to like it. So, I thought I'd write it here. Weirdest thing is, the more I think this out, the more useless it seems but still I think it could be good fun. Im just having one of those days I guess.
> Important! < Open TRP2 -> Settings -> Directory -> Scroll down and see the 'Trust for created states' thing! -> Set it to minimum!! Custom states and eguipment made by TRP2 will now show to others!

(01-13-2011, 07:40 AM)Zarquon Wrote: And Drarry's a nice guy, really!

In every life we have some trouble,
But when you worry you make it double,
Dont worry,
Be happy!
... I'm lost. /headtilt

You want us to talk about OOC subjects, ICly?
Of course this would have to be tied to a certain location so people know when something is to be taken serious IC and when not.
Dont ask me, it was a brainfart. Half the time I dont know what goes on in my head.
> Important! < Open TRP2 -> Settings -> Directory -> Scroll down and see the 'Trust for created states' thing! -> Set it to minimum!! Custom states and eguipment made by TRP2 will now show to others!

Dont worry,
Be happy!
McKnighter people already do. I think what he is saying is it would be nice if there were a place for those people to go.

I support this... no offense to anyone, but I go to OOCC for OOC, not to listen to people going

-Tilts head and looks at <Insert Name Here> curiously, with worry on their face. "<Insert Worried Statement Here>" She sighs sadly. "<Insert Worried Follow-Up Statement Here.>"-

It would be nice to have a place that those people can go, and people that are actually OOC can be somewhere else.

I'm not saying I don't like people that RP OOC discussions... I mean this is a RP server after all. It's just I don't feel like being around RP in an OOC location. It's OOC caver after all, not RPOOC cavern.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
Honestly, why would we need to make it IC?

The OOCC is for OOC interaction. You are playing your character, but talking about OOC things. Why not just... Do it?

And if it bothers other of people, why don't you just do it in a party with those who are down?
The problem isn't discussing OOC things. It's about RPing out discussing these things.

OOC cavern is a hub for getting away from RP for a lot of people, and slowly but surely, the RP is being brought there. Just in a different form.
Spoiler:
Yes. Why not just do it?

You don't have to be in the OOCC, as it is for OOCness. And to create another phase for it seems to be almost a waste of time. After all, you can just use one of the -many- unused RP locations as a OOC-IC RP talk.
Well we have two sides to it here.

It sounds like he is the one RPing OOC discussions, and wants a place to do so.

I on the other hand, don't RP OOC duscussions and would prefer people to not do so around me in OOCC.

We can't make others do that privately, since it's not really that big of a deal. But at the same time, it gets a bit annoying at times. I understand people want to do that. I would just like it better if they had their own place to do it. And having to go off to some place originally meant for RP and just use it whenever no one else does means those people are like Alliance are to Blizz.
Spoiler:
Well, the OOCC is for all. I don't think we need a new, special place to seperate the role-players from those who wish for a break.

If it becomes a problem, then just tag the person to the ignore list till you leave. /nod
Sounds almost like when everyone idled in the Drudaen Tavern in AC, except that was slightly more IC.
Yes! Drudaen Tavern is what I mean!

But again, to quote myself..

(03-02-2012, 06:18 AM)Judgernaut Wrote: Weirdest thing is, the more I think this out, the more useless it seems

Dont worry,
Be happy!
(03-02-2012, 06:18 AM)Judgernaut Wrote: The subject title explains it all, yes? IC OOC L... sound that out many times in repeat and profit. (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location)

Well, right. This is short and stout. We have OOCC and theres always people there. So why not make it IC? How you ask? Simple;

A location where people can idle around like in OOCC but instead, they are OOC so that they are IC? Makes sense right?

An example;
I have horrible indigestion and gas from over indulging myself with food. Instead of complaining about my uncomfort I do it through my character Like so;
Drarry Longbottom: "My god my arse cheeks burn and my stomach churns! Wish I hadnt eaten that bloody chili!"
Or we read on the news about something kewl or terrible
Drarry Longbottom: "Hah! Did ya hear about that remote vylkur society called f'Winland? Those suckers are just a punch of sad drunkards... and they secretly envy their next door villagers, the Swedbergs."

Whats the point, you ask? Well, there is no point. It was a brainfart I had earlier today and as I threw it out in the open, people seemed to like it. So, I thought I'd write it here. Weirdest thing is, the more I think this out, the more useless it seems but still I think it could be good fun. Im just having one of those days I guess.

I think what you're getting at is... you'd like a location for OOC RP? Like an opportunity to act goofy while out of character outside of OOCC?

If other players are annoying you in OOCC, you can request for them to stop talking, put to Party chat, put them on ignore, go to another chat channel (or create one and uncheck all the channels so you get absolutely nothing), or walk out of /say range. OOCC is big enough for players to get out of /say range.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
But people like to listen to others. And people all gather in that one part of OOCC, near the portal.

It's just my opinion... but when something is actually causing people to have to do the things Immy suggested, then it is becoming a problem.

But that's just my opinion. I'm not saying that RPing OOC topics is a problem that warrants any of those things though.
Spoiler:
I don't get it.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
This reminds me for some reason, of when people wanted a barenschat that wasn't barenschat, but had the same premise as barenschat, because they wanted enforcement in barenschat.

I'm getting lost in abbreviations here as well, all I see is that all of you are coo coo for coacoa puffs.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  2 things, guild/location Samlock 4 2,202 08-24-2014, 02:50 AM
Last Post: flammos200
  Character themes and pictures Jameston 8 4,009 07-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Jameston
  Where do you see your character in x years? Nymus 39 6,491 05-31-2014, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Paylonas
  Your Favorite Character [To Roleplay] Xigo 47 8,521 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Bovel