The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rp gun restrictions
Can the RP gun swords' restrictions be kindly removed? Reason would be that realistically any class can use a fire arm.
It would be awesome if this could be done with bows too. D:
No, realistically any class -cannot- use a fire arm, at least not well. The restrictions to the back mounted guns were added for a reason, as we don't want mages or Druids running around with guns. That wouldn't make sense, unless the mages were a prestige class, which we don't want people to wontonly claim.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

So mages can master: frost, fire and arcane but a flintlock rifle is to complicated for them? My mage uses GHI rifles when he is out of mana. Surly it can not be that hard for a person to learn to use guns.
If you're out of mana, you're incredibly weak anyway.

But it's like Rensin said, not every class can use a gun well enough, and quite frankly, I'd rather not see druids wielding guns.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Werewolf1 Wrote:So mages can master: frost, fire and arcane but a flintlock rifle is to complicated for them? My mage uses GHI rifles when he is out of mana. Surly it can not be that hard for a person to learn to use guns.

It's not about them using guns, it's about the fact that mages don't use 'em, unless they are Techno-mages. Guns are impractical for mages, and hard to control. Kickback is something that they cannot handle.

They are un-skilled in the use of guns.

Even Techno-mages don't shoot bullets with guns, they use the gun as a means to channel their magic.

Also, to quote Duskwolf, who put these in our database with Kretol:

Quote:As for changing the requirements, I didn't want a bunch of shamans, and druides, and mages running around with guns.

Yes, this is from our private forums, in regards to the decision we already made months ago about who can realistically have the guns. Hunters, Warriors, and rogues, who are the classes who can ICly and OOCly use guns.

It may be your opinion that it's "not that hard to use a gun". Granted, anyone can point and shoot, but why would you carry around a gun if you didn't know how to use it well?

Edit: Also, if I were to see a profile about a mage using a rifle, I'd probably deny it, or have a word with the person. Mages just don't normally use guns. That'd be like a warrior trying to shoot a fireball, or a rogue trying to heal someone. That's cross class stuff, considering that -believe it or not-, it is complicated to use a gun properly.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Aldran my mage makes guns like any other engineer. Wouldn't an engineer know how to use (properly or not) a firearm? And a Techno mage combines magic with engineering, I'm talking about pure engineered rifles here. Let's be realistic please, if I could pick of a gun and just fire it to save some needed mana... why wouldn't I? What would prevent me from learning how to shoot properly?
I just have a question here. If rogues, which last I saw are usually stealthy type, can use guns that make a loud bang when fired, why can't a simple mage do the same?

Also, I a Druid would never use a gun, not sure about Shamans but Druids deffinantly not since it's technology and they simply hate tenchnology. That's why they hate Engineers, or suposed to hate them.

I do realise I'm being a bit of a pain for asking/pointing it out ^^
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
I am being realistic. Mages are a class that are restricted from using guns, because quite simply, they can't handle the kickback, as I've said. It's impractical to go from spells to a gun, when they'd realistically knock you on your arse, as opposed to using a sword or dagger, or a staff, which don't have any kick-back what-so-ever.

Also, as for the engineering bit, just because you can build it, doesn't mean you are proficient with it. -Realistically-, yeah, you can pull a trigger, as can anyone under the age of ten as well, but as for being able to control it, and use it as a practical secondary means of combat? No, mages cannot do that.

No means no. I'd say sorry, but truthfully, I've already said no three times, and I get sick of arguing.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

How about something like a pepper-box handgun? would a mage be able to shoot that without flying backwards?
What kickback? A gun will make you take a step back at the most, now a cannon gives you the kickback to sit on the ground. -Realisticly- anyone can use a gun, as for real life anyone can get a license, buy a gun, and take classes as to better use it. Though not argueing here, just pointing out facts I know of.

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
I am just going to say this.

WE have restrictions on certain things because players would go ape shit over what they can and cannot do with items.

Sorry, deal with it until we decide other wise.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
While doing numerous searches on WoW wiki, I've yet to find anything about handguns. Even if there was a prestige class that used them, or "flintlock" pistols and the like, it would have come up in the searches for "Handgun" "hand gun" and the other combonations I chose.

Basically, from what I gather of the lore behind firearms, they were by putting a small charge behind the bullet, allowing it to propel from the gun. They are a new technology developed by DWARVES, not Gnomes or Goblins, and as far as I can tell, noone has perfected a way to make the charges smaller, or handheld.

If you find information further on this, please do share, but if it's about a prestige class, I'm still gonna say no, as they'd be the only people to have the access or the know-how to make such a weapon.

Remember, things don't always work in WoW like they do IRL, like with guns.

Edit: Drak, have you ever fired a gun? PISTOLS even have a damn good kickback.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Actually, yes I did. A rifle, and all that happened was the scope hit my nose, I didn't fall on my bum.

Spoiler:
http://www.chuckhawks.com/recoil_table.htm

This is just an example. And even if the scope hits you in the face... how practical would that be if you were in a fight? Wouldn't you rather use something you'd be taught to use, and proficient with?

Edit: Also, that's measured in pounds I'm pretty sure. Now, it may not seem like much with five to twenty pounts, but... throw a dumbell at your shoulder.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Armor level restrictions muhaha8 4 952 11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  Loosening armor restrictions Etmosril 22 3,218 11-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Ben
  Class restrictions request. Drumgar 1 685 10-07-2009, 05:32 PM