The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Azeroth Constellations
My character being a fortune teller and alll, knowing Azeroth's constellations and potential zodiac would be of use to me. I tried to Google it, but didn't find much, except this.
http://www.theallianceherald.co.uk/publication/2/8
What do you all think?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
That would be very interesting to see ICly, if fortune tellers are allowed without a prestige title. Very interesting find though, and I don't see why it couldn't be used. Isn't there a certain part of Ulduar that has constellations?
Characters!
Gatwazzak'fon - Friendly neighborhood drug dealer
Run'gal Ashclaw - Orc Pyremaster
Vincetti Delgado - Wannabe pirate captain
Tensin Spiritrunner - Orc Spiritmaster
It's not really "class" or "title" so much as a job, like mercenary or whatever. I've yet to get grief for it. And I've yet to see Ulduar myself but, I think you're referring to Algalon the Observer. So yeah, Azeroth does have constellations so long as it has stars and people to mape them. I just want to know what they are.
During the Alagalon fight, Living Constellations are spawned. And, Algalon himself is a constellation of sorts. So maybe you can draw on those for inspiration. The Observer definitely sounds like a good name for one.

Also, another thing you can do is just make up your own names. The same formation of stars in our world often had differing names depending on where and with whom you spoke (Chinese, Roman/Greek, South American, and so on). If you ever did come across someone else who watches the stars like your character, it might be interesting to figure out what constellations he combined and the names given.

Edit: Keep in mind, despite magic, a progressive mail system, and other forms of communication, this isn't a globalized world. So there really doesn't need to be standards for these kinds of things. To my knowledge, no one has created a system for categorizing constellations on Azeroth like in our world and communication pathways might not be available to have that kind of information shared.
I've been working on a character who's a fortune teller, with a bit of aid from the divination school of arcane. I'll be focusing more on the tarot card aspect of it however, and will be making some GHI tarot decks eventually... But man, I totally spaced on constellations, and I don't really know how! I love zodiacs, and read my horoscope quite often even IF I don't really think it's all that real personally. Just a nice little thing to do on the day to day. :)
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
beltharean Wrote:I've been working on a character who's a fortune teller, with a bit of aid from the divination school of arcane. I'll be focusing more on the tarot card aspect of it however, and will be making some GHI tarot decks eventually... But man, I totally spaced on constellations, and I don't really know how! I love zodiacs, and read my horoscope quite often even IF I don't really think it's all that real personally. Just a nice little thing to do on the day to day. :)

Rawr, you stole my idea D< Jk. Mine focuses on lithomancy xD
You could be like "Soon enough, a tremendous cataclysm will destroy this land!"

WoW Cataclysm ftw...
[Image: retradrak.png]
"May the eternal light of the Sun shine down upon you..." -Drakmian Ishnar Lightbound

[Image: mcvries.png]
"Say that again, and have a Shadowflame bolt encrusted in your face." -Peter McVries

Give the world the best that you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. :D
naah, Ruby Sanctum is the prologue and warning of the Cataclysm!
Yu gotta be lookin fo da lwa in da skais!
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Bovel Wrote:Yu gotta be lookin fo da lwa in da skais!

Wot I be sayin'! Get outta meh cave!
Bethekk and Hireek surely got some place in the sky, most likely Legba and his doorway too.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.

Let's necro this thread with some useful information.

You might want to switch constellations for ley lines as these are the things used to....acurately...foretel events. The ley lines around Stormwind are used by mages to predict the frequent storms which give the city it's name. Mediv also used the ley lines to predict certain events. Karazhan lies on a major nexus of ley lines.

However the ley lines are another shady piece of lore that isn't very elaborated.
Wait what whööö?

Where have you read this? Linkie, linkie please!
Cause that sort of... changes the whole rune system described in the RPG.

Wowwiki :P

Linky
http://www.wowpedia.org/Ley_line
http://www.wowpedia.org/Karazhan

There are only vague mentions of prophecies and ley lines, but it's enough to put 1 and 1 together.
Quote:One ley line pattern exists in the mountains surrounding the city of Stormwind, which causes the great winds from which the city received its name. The rune pattern derived from the ley lines allows casters to unfailingly predict the weather one day in advance.

Yeah, foretell the winds in one place one day in advance...
Not great grand divination of awesomeness. Astrology is based on the movements of celestial bodies, ley lines and the runes derived from them are not supposed to move, therefore using ley lines as a tool of divination would be hard, impossible in my own oppinion. I mean imagine all runes that might have been lost now that Malygos has redirected all lines to converge over the Nexus?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinions on Pre-Sundering Azeroth? Beltharean 8 7,114 02-08-2014, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Zenethen
  The Water of Azeroth. FlyingSquirrel 14 2,868 12-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  The Laws of Azeroth? Beltharean 6 1,721 07-03-2010, 12:05 PM