The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Laws of Azeroth?
I'm working on the character concept for a lawyer, however I've run into a wall. What are the actual laws of Azeroth, varying in land to land, race to race? Would a lawyer even be viable, or would the Kingdom of Stormwind just toss someone away for a life sentence, even if they're not guilty, but a corrupt guard says they are? Would a Gnome have the right to an attorney, but not a night elf? There are quite a few other questions I haven't addressed I'd like to know as well concerning the topic, but these are really the most pressing.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
To be completely honest man... I think the law of the land really depends on your location. For example I can imagine that the law of Kezan would be incredibly corrupt and well exactly what it is... ran by crime syndicates. However, the law of Orgrimmar and Durotar is that of a warrior's hierarchy and strength dictates etc. you know what I mean I hope... umm and the law of Stormwind is the King's and Nobility's will.

Sorry if this didn't help at all in anyway! Was a super quick post.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
Indeed, the laws not only vary between each faction, but every town and region seems to have it's own rules sometimes. I would highly suggest that IF you go through with it.

[*]Pick a set of or a specific race.
[*]Study each of their settlements and controlled regions.
[*]Take note of their environment, and deciefer the rules. This may take a while but in the end you will be ready.
Dulche et decorum est.Pro patria muori.

[Image: awawwaw.gif]

Only in death...
I think the only place you can really have a laywer is in Stormwind or perhaps Undercity. I am sure there are laws among every people to a degree, but I think most crime and such is handled by officals that do other stuff too. For example; a dwarf theif is probably thrown infront of the senator of the are where the crime was comitted.

I think it is safe so say that laws are generaly the uusual ones, no crime, no killing, no cultism, no slavery, no 'secks' for money and so on.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
In particular, I think that the concept of localized law occurs. Quick communication over large distances isn't as readily available, so people are generally more centralized. I assume that communities adopt a policy of handling their own matters, outsiders-be-damned. So while, say, the Kingdom of Stormwind may have very specific rules regarding how laws are applied and perhaps even a system of courts, there may be areas where the King's men aren't seen frequently and so they rely on their own application of the law.

I think that a lawyer might be a viable option, but you'd be very limited in what you could do. Perhaps have a focus on military or religious proceedings; I've seen roleplayers organize tribunals when paladins act against the Church or their faith in order to determine if they should be excommunicated and I assume that the military (fond as it always is of structure and rules) would have use for a lawyer.

The concept of lawyers would probably be most prevalent in human and high/blood elven society. To the rest, it would probably be something of an anathema.
Well in that case... That seems to fit pretty darn well with what I was thinking. If you know about Dr. Gonzo from hunter thompson's literature, I'm going for something like that.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Lawyers...
Is this a new fangled goblin term?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinions on Pre-Sundering Azeroth? Beltharean 8 7,114 02-08-2014, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Zenethen
  The Water of Azeroth. FlyingSquirrel 14 2,868 12-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Last Post: CappnRob