The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

How can my Paladin fall to the Dark Side?
Hey guys!

I wonder,can my Paladin(Seizael) fall to the Dark Side ICly,people have told me that it would simply be a fallen paladin and i would lose my light powers ICly,but nothing else...that would make him a simple warrior,but is there something,some procedure or anything that could bring him to the -Dark Side- for real,so he would not be a simple warrior but something Dark and stuff...
I first wanted to become a Death Knight but its not possible to -become-.I have also heard about some sort of ritual that warlocks can do to make someone half demon by switching the blood of the person with demon blood making him half demon giving him demon attributes/power/apperance etc...
This is why i turned my self to the forum at least here i may have real answers!

Thank You :)

PS:Tomorow i will reach 1 month playing CotH :D
☆•__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__•☆
I wish i could be there right now
^_^
I don't believe Paladins can gain shadow powers. If they go against the light they just become people with swords, shields and armor. Only Priests can really gain Shadow Powers.

About the whole ritual, I think you're speaking of a Fel-Sworn and that's a prestige class.
What would be the difference between the priest and paladin in this case?
When a paladin would leaves the light he would lose all his light powers and all protection against shadow so he could be easily influenced.
☆•__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__•☆
^_^
The way a Priest uses the light and a Paladin uses the light differ. The opposite to a Paladin is a Death Knight while the opposite of a Priest is a Shadow Priest in my opinion.
jak13 Wrote:What would be the difference between the priest and paladin in this case?
The greatest difference is where each gets his respective powers. Paladins gain their powers from the Light and retain then as long as they believe that they are doing right. This was a topic recently discussed in this thread (which is a pretty interesting read!). Priests, on the other hand, get their powers from a multitude of sources, much of it dependent of race and beliefs. A priest doesn't necessarily get her powers from the Light, and, as such, may not have her powers dependent on a rigid adherence to a moral standard.

jak13 Wrote:When a paladin would leaves the light he would lose all his light powers and all protection against shadow so he could be easily influenced.
A paladin who leaves the Light becomes an ex-paladin. Essentially, they're fighters that retain the physical prowess that they originally possessed, but have absolutely no access to the Light. They might as well be warriors at that point, but I'd almost think that they'd be crippled from their dependency on the Light during combat; a man who has trained himself fight by melding the Light and martial prowess would most likely flounder if one of those two legs should disappear.

According to the ex-paladin article, paladins who no longer retain their powers have become:
  • Scarlet crusaders
  • Scarlet inquisitors
  • Dark knights
  • Death knights
  • Dark paladins (someone will have to explain this for me since I've yet to hear this class in context to the Warcraft universe)

Shadow is more a sub-school of magic (associated with Arcane, if I remember my rule books correctly) than a single omnipotent force. While there might be people or organizations that might try to recruit or otherwise benefit from an ex-paladin, there's no Shadow that is going to step in and try to convert him.
Bounty-Hunter Wrote:I don't believe Paladins can gain shadow powers. If they go against the light they just become people with swords, shields and armor. Only Priests can really gain Shadow Powers.

About the whole ritual, I think you're speaking of a Fel-Sworn and that's a prestige class.

Well im curious about this -Fel-sworn- prestige class,i wonder what would be the IC procedures and if its possible and alouded on CotH.
^_^
http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Fel-sworn
Here's information on it.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Then i would need to find a Warlock that would be willing to do that to me...first i have to find him OOC so if there is anyone up for that just tell me :P
I suppose that these procedures requires high skilled warlocks and i would probally need GM's approval because its a prestige class.

Thank you all of you its great to have help :D
^_^
Make sure you read up on how prestige classes are done here and all. <Nod> And Fel-Sworn probably wouldn't be allowed in -any- cities. Or a very select few. Just something to remember.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metagaming: The other side! Maulbane 11 2,079 08-01-2013, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Piken
  A Paladin's Code Xigo 34 7,363 01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  The Dark Chant Ormica 20 3,077 08-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Ormica
  Always Look on the Bright Side of Life! Terant 3 1,371 08-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Uguu
  Fel Energy, the use of and its side effects demented 4 1,251 02-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Last Post: demented