The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Paladin's Code
Keeping in mind the three virtues that all Light-following paladins must adhere to, I'm curious.

What is the code your paladin follows?

I'll post some sample situations for your paladin to react to. But really, I just want to know their personal code.

Sunwell Paladins stay away.

Scenario 1 Wrote:You find yourself walking alone on the road, fully equipped and ready for battle, when a group of three bandits with firearms ambush you. They don't attack just yet, but say they will if they don't receive sufficient pay. Sufficient pay being all the money on your person, and the most valuable item you have on your person. What do you do?

Scenario 2 Wrote:Going down the streets of your home city, a beggar dressed in rags asks for coin. She tells an unlikely (but possible) story concerning the unfortunate fate of her family, and why she's there in the first place. What do you do?

Scenario 3 Wrote:You go into your home to find that a single bandit is attempting to rob it. He's without weapons, and makes it abundantly clear that he'll beat you down to leave with what he's got, having a large, heavy burlap sack slung over his shoulder. If you have a family, you know they should be at home at the time, but you can't see them, nor do they respond to your calls. What do you do?

Scenario 4 Wrote:Someone uses a cuss word in your immediate vicinity. What do you do?

Scenario 5 Wrote:You use a cuss word involuntarily (it slips). What do you do?

Scenario 6 Wrote:Awakening from what seemed like a long slumber, you look down at the ground. A woman and a man lay dead at your feet, both unarmed, your weapon bloodied. It's obvious they were innocent civilians upon inspecting them. What do you do?

Scenario 7 Wrote:Your faction leader bans worship of the Light within your faction. What do you do?

Scenario 8 Wrote:Your race/home/country/yougettheidea breaks away from your faction (Alliance/Horde). What do you do?

Scenario 9 Wrote:For the sake of this, we'll say your paladin had a relatively normal sex life up until this date, perhaps before becoming a paladin, and is a man. Right now, regardless of your character's financial state or if he's with anyone, a woman who you were with in the past comes to your doorstep with son/daughter close behind, saying that she can't raise -your- child on her own anymore, and needs support. But she refuses to relinquish the child in any way. Said child does resemble you strongly, and likely is yours. What do you do?

Scenario 10 Wrote:You wake up, the Light has abandoned you, and you are undead. What do you do?

Scenario 11 Wrote:The above, only you're a Death Knight. What do you do upon regaining the ability to control yourself again, after slaughtering countless innocents in the name of the Lich King?

Scenario 12 Wrote:Upon awakening from a drunken stupor, you find yourself in a greatly damaged bar. No one comes to you to ask for compensation for the part you had in it (you were drunk), but it's obvious that the establishment barely has enough money to still run, and this might sink it. What do you do?

Scenario 13 Wrote:The above scenario, only it's very clear the establishment is well enough to recover on its own.

Scenario 14 Wrote:Your child is pregnant/has gotten someone pregnant, and is unmarried. What do you do?

Scenario 15 Wrote:Varjot is found sleeping with your spouse, and he/she/it is all too happy to receive him. Just by looking at what's going on, it's clear his ability at entertaining your spouse is far greater than your own. What do you do?

Scenario 16 Wrote:You come across a group of people about to hang a man who they've accused of being a warlock. Someone 'might have maybe seen him turn into a demon'. What do you do?

Scenario 17 Wrote:Putting you in Aegwynn's shoes, your child has a demon resting within his soul, which will burst out and cause untold destruction once your offspring expires. However, while in the child's body, it will grant him/her great power, while otherwise not influencing the child at all (it won't corrupt him, it won't tempt him, nothing. Just giving him power). Removal/banishing of the demon, or suppression of these powers, will kill the child. What do you do?

Scenario 18 Wrote:The Archbishop/Leader of your Church has accused you of high treason, and has commanded you to report to him/her for your excommunication from the Light. You think you're innocent, but it's about 50/50 as to whether people think you're guilty or innocent for everyone else. What do you do?

Scenario 19 Wrote:Your spouse, who you do love, and loves you, has given up on life. There's no consoling him/her, as the individual has completely surrendered. He/she doesn't leave home. Just sits there. Staring at a wall. Devoid of any emotion, yet still replies to questions. No progress can be made on this. What do you do?

Scenario 20 Wrote:Someone you love is a spy from the opposing faction, and tells you this openly one day. Said individual refuses to leave this position, but refuses to give any reasoning as to why, other than just asking you to trust him/her. What do you do?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Henry Buzan
Spoiler:
Scenario 1:
“If I do not fight, these scoundrels will be yet emboldened and strike at even weaker. I demand them to surrender and prepare myself for victory or death.”
Scenario 2:
“Show compassion on the downtrodden. Give her coin to house herself for the night, and direct her to the church where she may be embraced by the clergy.”
Scenario 3:
“I detain the foe to the best of my abilities! If any of my kin have been injured he will see himself before the court.”
Scenario 4:
“Mind your language, please.”
Scenario 5:
“Apologize profusely. Sometimes tempers run high.”
Scenario 6:
“Attempt to understand the situation. If this were the work of some magic, I will find who is responsible. If this is truly of my own doing, I shall see myself before the court and stripped of my position. I must do all I can to repent for this misdeed, though; even if I stand innocent I will see these people laid to rest with a proper monument, and their families given what comfort my wealth can bring.”
Scenario 7:
“Pray to the light that my king will see the error of his ways, and worship in secret. Should I be found, I will proudly announce my guilt.”
Scenario 8:
“I would first need to determine the purpose of this new faction. Should they be bound for ill intent, I must leave. Should they be well-intentioned, I will remain until the world rises and defeats us.”
Scenario 9:
“...Give her compensation. The child is not guilty for my misdeeds in my youth, and the blame lies with me. I shall see him taken under my wing if ever he wills it, and my estate will remain open to him and his mother alike.”
Scenario 10:
“Hurl myself from a cliff.”
Scenario 11:
“Hurl myself from a higher cliff.”
Scenario 12:
“...I don't dr- Well. Seeing as I was PRESENT for this riotous behavior and did not bring it to an end, I will offer coin to restore this establishment.”
Scenario 13:
“They should still be reimbursed, be they wealthy or poor. Wrong has been done, and it must be righted.”
Scenario 14:
“Chastise them! Give them consul of their deed, and their relation to the other. They -will- do well for the child though. Rush them to nothing.”
Scenario 15:
“ORCISH DOG, READY YOURSELF FOR COMBAT.”

Vangelis Dawnsend
Spoiler:
Scenario 1:
“Never give in to the lawless. I draw my steel for combat.”
Scenario 2:
“Spare a coin where I can, but urge them to work or enlistment if they are able.”
Scenario 3:
“Draw my blade and prepare for battle! He'll pay for invading my home, and will repay each wound he has inflicted!”
Scenario 4:
“I find such behaviour distasteful, but I will not impose upon another for it.”
Scenario 5:
“Quickly apologize and carry on.”
Scenario 6:
“I do earnestly feel that if this deed was my responsibility alone, I no longer am worthy of my station. I will be imprisoned until the Crusade may find the culprit”
Scenario 7:
“I am a man of faith before I am a man of my country. Though it pains me, I will seek shelter within the Crusade.”
Scenario 8:
“I see no problem with this. The Horde is swiftly becoming worryingly departed from the virtues of the Light.”
Scenario 9:
“...Given my preference I wasn't aware this was p- Either way. I'd offer support and a station within the Crusade for the boy when he comes of age, but I truly would dread to raise a child.”
Scenario 10:
“Continue service within the Crusade. I have met many forsaken who still do good for the cause of the Light.”
Scenario 11:
“Resist the temptation to impale myself. I would react much the same as above, though; I trust that any undead have committed terrible atrocities within their state of undeath.”
Scenario 12:
“Pay them back, and reconsider my drinking habits.”
Scenario 13:
“Well, I'd still repay them. It's my misdeed.”
Scenario 14:
“I do not know.

I legitimately do not know. The aspect of being a father is fearful to me. Usher them to give support, and marriage if he feels the urge.”
Scenario 15:
“I'm going to smite that orc.”
Going to base this of Scarlett, my noble paladin hummie.

1 - Warn them while sizing up their weaponry before charging in. Moving to knock them out; If not possible, injure them non-lethally. If successful, drag them towards the nearby guard to throw them into jail. If they do not run and all else fails; Slay them. Or well.. Die trying!

2 - Give her the coin. Her story might be true and she has gold to spare.

3 - Knowing there's a family inside, she would draw her weaponry to get the man to stand down. If he would not, she'd proceed to try and knock him out once more. Same as 1, only then trying to pin him into a corner; Not giving him room to possibly take the family hostage. Inspect the house afterwards, look for the family.

4 - Shrug it off. She's used to the army.

5 - Apologize to the people -and- the Light.

6 - Try to make sense of it all at first. Double check the bodies to see if anyone is still alive afterwards; While searching for clues if they are not. It's impossible she would have done this, somebody must have set her up. (In her mind that is.) If she can not figure out what happened, report it to the guard as she would fully believe to be innocent. Offer to help in the burial, and spend the rest of her life wondering (even if she would be thrown in jail) who could have done it. Why, who and how. Perhaps succumb to the same questions eventually and go insane.

7 - Rise up to spread the word of the Holy Light, accuse the king of treachery, dabbling in Shadow and Unholy rituals if there's any evidence. She would keep preaching the Light even if it means getting hung from the gallows. A king that does not serve the Light, is not her king. Perhaps end up leading Light-Fanatics striving to take down the king and put a holy man or woman back on the throne.

8 - Self-reflect. Pray to the Light for answers as to where she stands. Try to find out what is now right with her own morals and the law. She sticks with the law in this case, but would be very cautious of any new allies, reluctant to declare new enemies. Tough question really, I might change this answer.

9 - As man; Offer them to stay in the building, try to find out the truth behind it. Be generous, but stay wary of the tale. Reflect upon himself, pray to the Light for answers and as the years go by; Try to put the son/daughter onto the path of the Light. Whether it is your child or not; The Light guided them to his doorstep.

10 - Kill herself without a second of doubt.

11 - Charge head-first into an army of the scourge; Kill what she can kill before succumbing to them. If she somehow survives; Repeat without rest. (With full intention to kill herself.)

12 - Pay for all damages, write a formal letter of apology. Offer manual labor at no charge to fix the establishment and never, never ever ever touch another drink. Most likely find a confessor to confess her mistake and do a lot of praying.

13 - Still the same, minus the manual labor.

14 - Try to guide the child the best she can, but be a firm, disciplined Paladin more then a mother to the child. Set them both back upon the path of the Light, find out who the father is and hold him accountable; Make sure he does his part. Perform a major part in the education of the child to make sure the mistake does not repeat itself, also out of guilt and a feeling of failure that she could not raise her own child well enough. She would strive to do better with the child of her own child.

15 - Curse them both, preach about the Light and abandon both with their belongings and sinful ways. Solely dedicate herself to the Light afterwards with zero chance of finding a new lover. For a brief, brief moment consider torching the place down. Edit: Just saw Varjot is an Orc. Kill the bastard, leave the sinful woman/man/it.

16 - Hear out both sides and halt the hanging. Determine if the person is actually a warlock; But when in doubt, prevent the hanging. Use non-lethal force if needed. Perhaps try to take them towards the nearby Guard for a further, official trial.

17 - Try an exorcism even if it kills the child. It is tainted, it carries a demon. It is sinful and unholy, she can not tolerate it. Firmly believes the Light does not approve and wishes for her to halt this blasphemy. If the demon survives; Fight it. If the exorcism does nothing, and they both survive; Bathe her weapon in the Light and holy water, and proceed to cut off the child's head. Then seclude herself for a few weeks to reflect and give it all a place in her heart.

18 - Report as commanded, plead her case on judgement day. The Light shall guide her and save her if she's worthy. If she loses the Light, she shall seclude herself in great shame and live as hermit for the rest of her life to die a lonely death. If she is punished in a way, she shall endure it. If deemed innocent in the end, she shall be encouraged and motivated, preaching the Light even more.

19 - Pray each night and day that he considers, that the Light helps him with new insight. She'd stand by him, for as long as it would take. If it would help; She'd travel around the world for artifacts of the Light, artifacts of incredible beauty to try and restore the man's hope. (Leaving him with someone Scarlett can trust, to ensure he survives during Scarlett's trip) If nothing would help, she'd spend the rest of her life praying till the man dies from natural causes. To be in great sorrow afterwards, wondering "Why the Light didn't save him.".

20 - Spy on the spy. See if his life is in jeopardy when he leaves the position. If he does it willingly, she will set him up to be arrested. Using the trust between them, she'd lure the person to a location; Handing him over to the guards after if he survives the encounter. Testify against him, but plead for imprisonment rather then the gallows. The law is the law. Love does not change the law. It would be hard on her, and she'd try to find wisdom and clarity in the Light and it's virtues, books, prayers and people; But in the end she'd betray her lover to follow the law. If he does it against his will, she would request some soldiers and go on a mission to kill the people that keep him 'hostage'. So that he may be free and hers afterwards.

.. This was fun! Good questions. :D Scarlett is going on my "Keep for Cata" list with this questionnaire. Thanks!
This is for my squire, Baidin Dolance. There is a few reasons as to why he isn't a full fledge paladin.
Spoiler:
Scenario 1 Wrote:You find yourself walking alone on the road, fully equipped and ready for battle, when a group of three bandits with firearms ambush you. They don't attack just yet, but say they will if they don't receive sufficient pay. Sufficient pay being all the money on your person, and the most valuable item you have on your person. What do you do?

After the initial heart attack from shock and surprise, inform them that they are attempting to rob a member of the Church and that the Light will not only protect its devot follower, but grant retribution on those that attempt to bring harm to said follower.

If they don't buy it, he's bubbling and running out of there.

Scenario 2 Wrote:Going down the streets of your home city, a beggar dressed in rags asks for coin. She tells an unlikely (but possible) story concerning the unfortunate fate of her family, and why she's there in the first place. What do you do?

Give her some spare coins and maybe point her to a business that is hiring(if he knows of such) and give her a blessing of the Light.

Scenario 3 Wrote:You go into your home to find that a single bandit is attempting to rob it. He's without weapons, and makes it abundantly clear that he'll beat you down to leave with what he's got, having a large, heavy burlap sack slung over his shoulder. If you have a family, you know they should be at home at the time, but you can't see them, nor do they respond to your calls. What do you do?

No weapons? One on one combat? A holy barrier in case he's a good scrapper? It's on.

Scenario 4 Wrote:Someone uses a cuss word in your immediate vicinity. What do you do?

Shrug it off. He's heard enough from his father.

BLEED THE UNHOLY TAINTED BLOOD FROM HIS OWN WRIS- Who cares? Baidin got angry.

Scenario 6 Wrote:Awakening from what seemed like a long slumber, you look down at the ground. A woman and a man lay dead at your feet, both unarmed, your weapon bloodied. It's obvious they were innocent civilians upon inspecting them. What do you do?

Something went terribly wrong, maybe a certain Felsworn did something to his head. After crying, he's going to go flee the scene and try to find either his parents, Castor or Calia for help. (Anna busy being preggo or mom or something.)

Scenario 7 Wrote:Your faction leader bans worship of the Light within your faction. What do you do?

King's gone mad, Baidin is going back to the Argents. If they ban the Light, something's wrong with his head.

Scenario 8 Wrote:Your race/home/country/yougettheidea breaks away from your faction (Alliance/Horde). What do you do?

Nothing. Night elves are strange, dwarfs and gnomes are unpleasant, and those blue goats believe in wind chimes. Good riddance.

Scenario 9 Wrote:For the sake of this, we'll say your paladin had a relatively normal sex life up until this date, perhaps before becoming a paladin, and is a man. Right now, regardless of your character's financial state or if he's with anyone, a woman who you were with in the past comes to your doorstep with son/daughter close behind, saying that she can't raise -your- child on her own anymore, and needs support. But she refuses to relinquish the child in any way. Said child does resemble you strongly, and likely is yours. What do you do?

Baidin having a sex life is the beginning of a terrible joke. Regardless, if he somehow slept with a woman and might have produced his own son, he's taking care of him. Baidin would love to try and be awesome dad.

Scenario 10 Wrote:You wake up, the Light has abandoned you, and you are undead. What do you do?

Finding the best way to make sure he doesn't rise again. Baidin isn't living like this, gonna torch himself.

Scenario 11 Wrote:The above, only you're a Death Knight. What do you do upon regaining the ability to control yourself again, after slaughtering countless innocents in the name of the Lich King?

See 10.

Scenario 12 Wrote:Upon awakening from a drunken stupor, you find yourself in a greatly damaged bar. No one comes to you to ask for compensation for the part you had in it (you were drunk), but it's obvious that the establishment barely has enough money to still run, and this might sink it. What do you do?

Alcohol is still new to Baidin, and he would be shocked at what resulted of over indulging in it. He'd try to give what money he could to repair the damages out of guilt.

Scenario 13 Wrote:The above scenario, only it's very clear the establishment is well enough to recover on its own.

Guilt makes him want to pay up.

Scenario 14 Wrote:Your child is pregnant/has gotten someone pregnant, and is unmarried. What do you do?

After initial scolding, help him/her as best as he can. He isn't going to leave them out to dry for a mistake.

Scenario 15 Wrote:Varjot is found sleeping with your spouse, and he/she/it is all too happy to receive him. Just by looking at what's going on, it's clear his ability at entertaining your spouse is far greater than your own. What do you do?

It's an Orc.

Damn the Light.

Someone is going to die tonight.

Scenario 16 Wrote:You come across a group of people about to hang a man who they've accused of being a warlock. Someone 'might have maybe seen him turn into a demon'. What do you do?

Intervene, taking the warlock to the nearest military-government outpost for their investigation.

Scenario 17 Wrote:Putting you in Aegwynn's shoes, your child has a demon resting within his soul, which will burst out and cause untold destruction once your offspring expires. However, while in the child's body, it will grant him/her great power, while otherwise not influencing the child at all (it won't corrupt him, it won't tempt him, nothing. Just giving him power). Removal/banishing of the demon, or suppression of these powers, will kill the child. What do you do?

Damning the world or killing a child, Baidin will take one for the team, despite the trauma that will result from it. He won't be the same.

Scenario 18 Wrote:The Archbishop/Leader of your Church has accused you of high treason, and has commanded you to report to him/her for your excommunication from the Light. You think you're innocent, but everyone else believes you to be guilty. What do you do?

Screw that, he won't go to Stormwind to get laughed at and suffer from that shame. He's going to the Argents.

If they are accusing him of high treason too, screw them. He'll go solo. Somewhere.

Scenario 19 Wrote:Your spouse, who you do love, and loves you, has given up on life. There's no consoling him/her, as the individual has completely surrendered. He/she doesn't leave home. Just sits there. Staring at a wall. Devoid of any emotion, yet still replies to questions. No progress can be made on this. What do you do?

Just keep trying to make him/her happy. It doesn't matter if no progress is made, he's going to keep trying, keep praying, and keep hoping that it gets better. Because if he can't make his spouse be able to enjoy life again, it's going to destroy him emotionally.

Scenario 20 Wrote:Someone you love is a spy from the opposing faction, and tells you this openly one day. Said individual refuses to leave this position, but refuses to give any reasoning as to why. What do you do?

Distance himself from the person, heartbroken at such a betrayal, but wouldn't have the guts to turn him/her in.

He'd make a pretty bad paladin, hm? :P
(For a Paladin in the works. Silver Hand veteran.)

Spoiler:

Refuse, but try to engage them in conversation and ask why they have fallen on such hard times that they are reduced to stealing from others. If they are receptive and respond, I offer them my aid. If they are not, I offer them what charity I can afford. If they persist and cannot be dissuaded from robbing me, I will show them the Light's justice. I will mend the wounds of the penitent, afterwards.

I give to her what charity I can afford, as above. If she is lying, and I have faith that she is not, the Light will judge her justly. If aiding her family is within my power, I offer my help as well. Lastly, I would advise her to visit the cathedral, where she might receive shelter and food.

My first thoughts are of my family. I am married and have a son. Perhaps irrationally, I fear that my wife or child might be inside the sack he is carrying. Spurred by sudden terror, I attempt to subdue the bandit. I may use excessive force due to what is it at stake, and out of concern that he may have harmed a member of my family.

...Depending on the situation and the context, I either ignore it or shoot a disapproving look in their direction. Bear in mind that I am fairly old and not lowborn, so this has more to do with me than my faith.

Immediately invoke a blessing of the Holy Light to cleanse my tongue! Blast the drat out of whomever coaxed such a vulgar word out of me.

I falter for a moment, questioning myself. I suspect foul play, perhaps dark magic. As a preliminary measure, I don an aura of Shadow Resistance and ply my mind for even the faintest memory. I check to see if their wounds are consistent with my weapon, which is a holy cudgel. Whether or not they are, I seek another human and explain the situation, not hiding any facts. I resolve to pursue the truth, even if it is a truth I do not want to believe.

I gather like-minded individuals and rally a protest. The Light is a large part of who I am. Even if the consequence of worshipping the Holy Light is imprisonment or worse, I will not renounce my faith. If my family is threatened, I will sing any song asked of me, but try to gather them and flee the kingdom.

As long as humanity still continues to uphold the virtues of the Light, I will continue to defend humanity against the evils it faces. For the right reasons, I would even help the Horde. That said, I would try to ensure that the Church remained intact.

Naturally, I give her the support she asks of me. I have wronged this woman, and the child is our shared responsibility. I fear this will strain my wife's relationship with me, but I will try to explain the situation to her and express my remorse for having made such a grievous mistake.

No. No. No. Nonono. I must be dreaming. I'll wake up soon.

...I'm not going to wake up from this, am I? I am an abomination. I am a perversion of the Light.

I consider taking my unlife, but suicide is just as unholy as... this.

When my mind calms, I seek out someone else. Anyone else. Perhaps I will be fortunate and find a soul willing to grant me eternal rest.

If not, if I must come to terms with this, I will find a way to reconnect with the Light again. I am still a holy man.

My old self was extinguished. I stand here a shell, a puppet with his strings cut. To have my morals forcefully overturned time and time again has damaged me beyond repair. I have become a monster, and the road back is closed. I doubt I can continue to exist in a world that does not accept me, least of all when I cannot even accept myself.

...And yet, I cannot end my unlife. Some feeling, some distant instinct, says I should not, that I still have a purpose. I could not tell you what it is. I do not know. I will spend eternity atoning for my terrible crimes until I found out.

...I try to remember the evening, but my throbbing head prevents me from doing so. I had the most abominable dreams. I might have the hangover to end all hangovers, but at least I'm not undead. I rouse myself from my seat and begin to try and put the bar to rights with my own two hands, but also turn over any money on my person and promise as much as is needed to repair the damage. As I do this, I try to recall what caused my judgement to lapse to the stage where I ended up drunk and violent, questioning whether or not this is the kind of man worthy of wielding the Light.

As before. Even if the establishment can pay for my mistakes, that does not mean it should.

I encourage him to take responsibility for his actions. Even if he does not wish to marry the girl, I stress that it is his duty to support his son. Should he run away from his problems, I would step up to help raise the child in his stead. I would treat the mother as though she were my own daughter and take every joy in being a grandfather.

What the fraggle, Varjot?!

I doubt I could hold onto a rational thought if I had a net. I announce my presence and subsequent departure, fearing that if I stay, I would do something that I would end up regretting sorely.

Then again, I've never regretted killing an orc before.

No, no. Ultimately, I will leave with my honour. I might be persuaded to forgive my wife eventually, but her betrayal has severely hurt me. If she does not seek my forgiveness, I pray that green homewrecker makes her happy.

I still have the Light.

I try to intervene and encourage them to trial the man in the King's court. I am mistrustful of spellcasters in general, but even though I know little of Warlockery, I know that only the most powerful of Warlocks can transform themselves into demons. I doubt that such a powerful individual would be foolish enough to reveal his inclinations in public, and I doubt even more that he could be subdued as easily as this man was.

If he is a Felweaver, may the Light have mercy on his soul.

I do not act either way yet. I will protect him and nurture his power until he is of an age that he can understand his situation. When he is, I will explain it to him, and also explain the decision that he has to make. If he seeks to banish the demon and end his own life for the greater good, I will sorrowfully support him and do what I can to aid him. If he does not wish to die, I... am unsure. Perhaps I will take matters into my own hands one day, and end the life of one to save the life of many. But only when he is capable of comprehending such a choice.

Scenario 18 Wrote:The Archbishop/Leader of your Church has accused you of high treason, and has commanded you to report to him/her for your excommunication from the Light. You think you're innocent, but it's about 50/50 as to whether people think you're guilty or innocent for everyone else. What do you do?

I arrive to answer for the crimes I am accused of. I have never run away from my problems before, and I don't mean to start now. Perhaps someone who still has faith in me will vouch for my innocence. If not, I know that I am without guilt. If my powers are blocked in some way, I will work to atone and earn them back. While being excommunicated would severely shake my pride, it will not cause my faith to falter, and I suspect I will still be able to call on the Light.

I try to discover the cause of her depression and do all in my power to resolve it. Trying to show support for her day after day will inevitably tire me, but if I feel my resolve failing, I will turn to the Light for strength and guidance. Perhaps I will try and lead my wife to it, as well.

Scenario 20 Wrote:Someone you love is a spy from the opposing faction, and tells you this openly one day. Said individual refuses to leave this position, but refuses to give any reasoning as to why, other than just asking you to trust him/her. What do you do?

I will express that while I love them, I cannot let harm come to the people I have sworn to defend. True, I am a man of the Light before I am a man of the Alliance, but a spy's intelligence could eventually lead to the death of hundreds, and I cannot abide that. I would have no choice but to reveal their treason to the authorities.
I have no Paladin I plan to keep, but the different (or not) answers are interesting to read.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
For Stefano, my Argent paladin, and Knight-Lt. Kogan, my Stormwind guard.

Spoiler:

Stefano: Warn them against taking him on or else he'll take the fight to them. If he wins, drag them to prison. If not, warn the guard of their location.

Kogan: Stun them using the Light and get them jailed without much else of a word. These bandits are dopes to take on a Stormwind guard.

Stefano: Ask about the family and visit them in person. He'd work on helping the poor family on a more personal level besides providing coin.

Kogan: Double check the city register and see if any information regarding the woman has been reported (if she lost her money due to some tragedy or natural disaster). If the situation isn't very large scale, provide her a coin and see what happens next.

Stefano: Beat the guy's head in and drag his butt to prison, regardless of the fact he's unarmed. Stefano's very passionate about defending his family ever since they were separated by the Red Glove.

Kogan: Stun hamma and drag his ass to jail. Why is he robbing a guard's barracks?

Stefano: Not mind it. He's actually prone to swearing on occassion himself.

Kogan: Be disgusted but say nothing.

Stefano: He does it all the time!

Kogan: Pray to the Light for forgiveness.

Stefano: Look around for witnesses to see if anyone saw the event. If not, wonder if he was demonically possessed. Go to a nearby church, request assistance from a priest to bury the dead and/or contact the family, and pray to the Light for forgiveness. Possibly stay there for a few weeks out of pennance.

Kogan: Same as above, but involve his subordinates. He's also likely to stay longer at the church out of pennance.

Stefano: Practice secretly when in Alliance cities. As a member of the Argent Crusade, though, he'd probably find himself more at home in Argent towns where he can practice more openly.

Kogan: Try his best to do his guard work without using the Light but as a regular knight. He'd take a very long time to do it, and he may not succeed. Ultimately practice in secret but avoid using Light magic.

Stefano: Stay within the Argent Crusade.

Kogan: Be torn up as hell. His loyalty falls unconditionally to the King of Stormwind, and he'll go where he goes--but he'll miss his home city.

Stefano: Marry the girl and raise the kid. That story sounds similar with his wife anyway except their kids were born after they were married.

Kogan: Marry the girl and (try) his best to raise the kid, even if he's not particularly in love. There's no guarantee he'd be a good husband or father, however, given his line of work, but he'd surely send money back home.

Stefano: PAAAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC. And wonder where his life has gone wrong.

Kogan: Seek out eternal rest. He cannot stand his state at all.

Stefano: PAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC. And make the best of it, he supposes.

Kogan: Try to return to the Light and his job as a Stormwind guard. Except he has DK abilities instead of paladin. Coooooooooooooooool.

Stefano: Do something to help it run again; perhaps donate money he earned to see to it hte bar is running again.

Kogan: Holy crap, Kogan drinks?! Someone slipped in a roofie! Anyway, see to it if the city can cover the damages, and if not, assist in repairs out of his own pay.

Stefano: Drop in a couple coins and say sorry.

Kogan: Donate a portion of his pay simply as an apology. Recommend the bar owner use the coin for something extra.

Stefano: With girls? Hunt down the man, beat his head in, and make him take responsibility. With boys? Beat their heads and make them marry the girls they knocked up.

Kogan: Talk quietly to the child and his/her lover into marriage.

Stefano: Probably commit suicide.

Kogan: Break up/divorce. Move on. After Light-blasting Varjot in the faise, of course. Dirty filthy orcs.

Stefano: Keep an eye and ear open for the individual but otherwise mind his own business unless word comes out that he did something suspicious. He does not strike pre-emptively.

Kogan: Order his guards to keep an eye on him for suspicious activity.

Stefano: Keep the child alive as long as possible to seek out a possible solution. Otherwise, try to teach the kid how to use his powers for good.

Kogan: Ditto.

Stefano: Defend his own hide that he's absolutely innocent, and he won't stop fighting until his innocence is fully accepted.

Kogan: Quietly accept the consequences and pray you are not punished too harshly. If death is the punishment, accept that one quietly too.

Stefano: Stay with the wife and take care of her. Pray to the Light often and visit the Church frequently. Request assistance from the priests. Never give up.

Kogan: Roughly the same. Probably request resignation so he can focus more attention to his spouse.

Stefano: Keep talking the individual out of leaving. Don't stop. Don't give up.

Kogan: Jail the individual. All his trust has been shattered.

[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
QQ for no sunwelladins. However, I do have Sandra.

Spoiler:

Sandra would at first attempt to perswade her would-be attackers into joining a monastery if they require shelter and food, even offering to escort them to the nearest one. If that failed and they were still making demands, she would keep refusing, only drawing her blade to defend herself when they made the first move. She would only work to disarm and temporarily disable them and then leave to inform the next city of the trouble she encountered on the road.

Sandra would give the woman a small sum of coin, hoping the woman would use it for good but knowing it will likely be used for a drink. She would urge the woman to thank the Light and join the church for shelter and food. She would then make follow-up visits to continue to push the woman down the 'right' path.

Sandra would ask the bandit to cease his doings and surrender in order to repent to the Light. If he refused, she would attempt to restrain him. Assuming she is successful in doing so, she would call for the guards to take care of the situation before venturing even further into the house. If something has happened to her family, then it will be pinned on the man. There was nothing she could have done at the time anyway and losing her powers on top of that is not worth petty 'vengeance'.

Cuff them upside the ear and tell them to mind their language, most of all in the presence of women and children. She would not do such in a location such as a bar, as it's to be expected there, even if she doesn't like it.

Sandra would apologize to those around her and try to make a joke out of it.

Assumptions are bad and Sandra knows she would never willingly harm an innocent civilian. She would ponder if she had been framed or attacked while trying to defend them. She would also fear possession. No matter what, she would peacefully turn herself over to the guards and hope that the truth could be discovered. If nothing turned up, she would take whatever punishment dealt. The Light will be her true judge.

Respect the decision of the faction and leave to work with the Argent Crusade. Sandra would work to better her people still, even if she must do it at a distance.

Sandra would find breaking off from a good thing foolish, but she would follow along with her people.

Make demands for partial custody. If this is Sandra's child, [s]he will want the ability to spend time with it to make sure it grows up right. If need be, [s]he would take the matter to court, offering support in exchange for time with the child. Sandra would then work to support and give the child the best life [her]his coin is able to provide.

Undeath is an abomination. Sandra would spare the world from another abomination by taking down as many as she could with her before being killed or killing herself.

Sandra would join the Ebon Blade and work to right the wrongs of the Lich King with his death. After the Lich King had been destroyed, stay around to do the workings of a Light at a very far distance. She would work to save two lives for every one life she had taken and stop only when her work was no longer needed. When such became the case, she would purge herself from existence and take a number of Knights with her if she could.

Sandra would wonder why she was drinking in the first place. After that, she would begin making payments to the bar and offer herself as hard labor in order to help fix the place up.

Sandra would still offer herself as labor and pay for the damages she helped cause.

Sandra would be greatly disappointed in her child for ever doing such a thing before marrying. She would urge the two to marry, even speaking to the parents of the other child. If a wedding was set, she would make sure it was followed through. If they refused to marry, it would depend on the gender of the child. If it was a son, she would make him find work in order to help pay for the child's need. If it was a daughter, she would help her raise the child and send her daughter to a monastery in order to repent for her sin and turn to the way of the Light. The child would likely grow under the teachings of a priest.

Sandra would be saddened that her spouse decided to cheat on her. She would offer her loved one a goodbye once their... actives were done and leave the household. While she may be upset and angry, the Light will see her through.

Sandra would try to stop the execution, demanding that unless they had any hard evidence of the man being a warlock they let him go. If the man was later found to have been a warlock, Sandra would leave it be. If the man has done nothing wrong knowingly, then she has no right to do anything.

As much as it would tear at Sandra to do so, she would banish the demon from her child, even at the cost of its life. She cannot allow a monstrosity to come to the world. She would beg the Light to see her through and pray for her child to have a kind afterlife.

What Sandra thinks and what is are two different things. She would report for the excommunication. If she truly is innocent, the Light will never leave her, even if she can't use it's powers.

Sandra would keep trying to get her spouse to find joy in life. If she could not so such, she would request aid on bringing her loved one to a church to stay at. Perhaps the Light will heal their hearts better than she could.

Report them to the guards right away. While they may be Sandra's loved one, they are risking lives. She would pray the Light offers them redemption when their judgement comes.
Clovis Briarthorn (We saw this coming)

Spoiler:

Assess the situation. While my first reaction will be to warm them that I am a Paladin and ready to defend myself, everything afterwards will depend on the circumstances. If I notice dissension in their ranks, I may try to capitalize on it by offering forgiveness (and reward) to which ever bandit will turn on his 'friends' and assist me.

Give what I can afford to, at the very least enough coin for a warm, filling meal. I would advise her to seek out whatever honest work she can find so as to get herself into a better living situation. If I feel the story is extremely sketchy, I may poke and prod a bit, but ultimately give the coin anyway. A beggar isn't likely to use my coin for malicious purposes anyway.

Apprehend them swiftly before moving forward.

Provided it happened near children or in a holy place, I will shake my head at them, otherwise I am unlikely to press the issue.

Apologize to the nearest person who looks offended.

Grow fearful briefly before trying to assess the situation and come to some logical, and hopefully unbiased conclusions. Depending on the location, my first response would be report the situation to a local guard force and accept whatever methods they may utilize. If things go poorly enough for me, I would seek out the aid of friends from Dalaran or the Crusade to come and assess the situation themselves and hopefully reach a better conclusion than the locals did. And get me out of prison, of course.

Dalaran is fairly secular, so this is not entirely the realm of fiction. I would join with the many non-magi/Kirin Tor civilians who would likely defect to the Alliance or Argent Crusade.

Dalaran is already neutral. Though there is an Alliance slant and lets face, more than a few loyalists. Life really wouldn't change.

Provide the support and attempt to get to know my child better within the limits the mother imposes on me. I would be civil and accepting of her choice. As soon as she leaves, I will proceed to prepare extremely aggressive legal methods to have my child removed from her custody and placed into mine, as a woman who would keep this secret from me for so long only to come crawling to me for money is likely not a suitable mother, and my childs well being takes precedent.

Provided I am sane and 'calm', I will speak to Endling about the situation before giving my final goodbyes and taking my life, most likely trying to take down any orcs and undead who get in my way in the process.

Same as above, only this time I'd be able to kill a lot more orcs and undead before I die.

Find out about the extent of the damages and offer to pay for as much as I logically can. Volunteer to help out around the bar for a certain time to cover the rest.

Same as above.

If a male, scold them and start teaching them on the proper basics of being a man and supporting a child. Ideally he'll actually take an interest in raising his child rather than just dumping off some coin to the woman's home every few weeks.

If a female, scold her much more harshly before asking my mother to teach her on the basics of being a mother, since that isn't exactly my forte. My mother may take an interest in helping my daughter with the raising of the child, so the situation is not exactly all that bad. Attempt to get the male responsible involved as well.

....Yeah, somehow I don't see this happening, hypothetical or otherwise.

I attempt to find out the circumstances of the situation and try to take a neutral stance if evidence in favor of the mob is not suitable to my standards, hopefully playing the voice of reason. Otherwise I simply move along and try not to think about it, as Warlocks are always hoping to manipulate good folks into believing their innocence.

My child is not responsible for any sort of crime of their own doing. Killing them is not an option. I will protect them and raise them as expected. I will try to logically explain to them that they should consider venturing to far, far, far, far, far away lands later in their lives. Perhaps Outland.

Last I checked, I do not need the approval of any 'superior' to be a Warrior of the Light. My only Leader is the Light. I will not answer the call.

Well nothing seems out of the ordinary here-

I know her well enough. I will break her from her depression, slowly but surely.

Disown them.

[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Clovis.

You said yourself.

Varjot will sleep with anything.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Might aswell do Cassius.

Spoiler:

Tell them to surrender, if all else fails and the odds are against them he'll fight.

Give them the coin they seek and bless them before walking off.

Same as the first scenario, only render him unconscious instead of killing him.

Nothing, don't let the profane provoke you.

Apologize if they're members of the Alliance, if not the hell with them!

Give the deceased a proper burial and prayer. Later investigate and find answers regarding their unfortunate deaths.

Leave the faction or rally up supporters to rise up against the blasphemous leader.

Stick to those you're most familiar with, humanity.

Take the child and show him the way of the light.

Cassius is not one to tolerate cheating death, albeit culprit of doing it once before. He would use this as an advantage to fight off his undead rivals and infiltrate their domains.

What has been done cannot be undone, remorse will plague this man forever. He will most likely die again as a martyr while fighting against the Lich King's minions.

Pay for the damages that have been caused.

Same as the above.

Elaborate on his child's errors and question who the man/woman is. Demand them both to marry each other and have he and his spouse explain to them how to raise the upcoming child and to assure that such a situation doesn't happen ever again.

He'd kill Varjot and leave his spouse to the filth she got herself into. After all, it was an orc.

Nothing, better safe than sorry.

Get rid of these powers without hesitation. Corrupted or not, such powers tend to be misused frequently.

Cassius has already unaffiliated himself with the Church, he cares little of the slightly differing perspective of the Church.

Continue to love her and persistently attempt to make her admire life, even if it comes to nothing, at least effort was put into reestablishing her state of mind.

No longer communicate with that person, their disloyalty may give him tainted thoughts.
Hmm, I suppose I can do this from Gunnar's perspective...

Spoiler:

Attempt to dissuade them. If that's not possible, then a judgment call will have to be made. If they can be taken down, do so, but not fatally, and turn them in to the proper authorities. Otherwise, give in to the demands and then attempt to report them and see that they are stopped to prevent future muggings.

Spare a few coins for her. It is better to presume the best in people, and better to give to those without proper need than to withhold from those that have it.

The welfare of family is more important than mere physical possessions or petty vengeance, and finding them is the highest priority. If the bandit can be halted at the same time, so much the better, but if not he can be tracked down again later if necessary.

Largely ignore it. Don't swear myself, but others doing it is forgivable.

Immediately apologize for the slip. Won't ever happen again.

Investigate the situation as best as possible. If the fault lies with someone else, see to it that justice is done. If the fault is truly my own, then turn myself in for the lapse. In either case, attempt to make amends to the families of the pair.

The Light is more important than factional loyalty. If the Light is banned, I will continue as I have without them.

Not much for politics. I will continue to aid those that I have in the past, as factional boundaries have little meaning for me. The other Alliance races are still good people, there's no reason to stop helping them due to such squabbling.

Give support. Even if she would not treat the situation fairly, it does not stop me from doing so. At the very least, I can try to be a part of the child's life in the future.

The Light does not abandon its true followers. Even if I can't call upon its power, I can still remain faithful to the tenets.

A life doing good to seek absolution isn't enough, but it'd be the best I could do in that instance. The guilt would probably be with me for the rest of my existence from that.

Pay for damages. It's the least I can do, considering what I did in a moment of drunken weakness.

The same. Why should it matter if they're well off? I must still pay for my part in the problem.

Did we not give them "the talk" before, Gorzan? Nonetheless, it is their indiscretion, I will always love my sons no matter what. It is their lives to live, and while I may put in my opinion, I won't get in their way.

Besides fall into a dark depression for years? If the relationship can't be salvaged, I'll break it off. (Though I imagine this is the situation that caused a cuss to slip from my mouth.) I'll try my best to forgive them both, though it will be quite difficult...

We can't just hang people based on suspicious and uncertain testimony. Even if he is a warlock, that doesn't mean he's guilty of any crimes. This hanging must be stopped at once.

The decision isn't mine to make, as it is not my life to take. Once the child is old enough to fully understand what this will mean, I will explain it to him, and leave it to him to make the decision. Nonetheless, I will do my best to make sure he is raised with proper morals so that he is well-equipped to handle the difficult situation.

The law is the law. Greater paladins than I have been excommunicated and still held their powers. While I'd be quite intimidated, I'd go nonetheless. If I'm excommunicated, then the Light will return to me when it chooses, as it will never fail the truly innocent and faithful.

I can't give up on the love of my life. I'll stay with him until he expires or snaps out of his stupor, doing everything I can to rouse him from it. I know that if the positions were reversed, he'd do the same for me.

I'll trust this person, though watch him to make sure that he doesn't do anything especially unsavory. It is difficult to act without knowing the full story, and I prefer to be trusting of others.

...I never realized how much of a boy-scout Gunnar was.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
(This isn't very fair no Hordies cause you took out Belfs >:|)

Macheal (My newest RP character and has this little thread if you wanna check it out here http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...s-to-guard)

1. Look to them throw down the money and as they look at the money attack them. Aiming to kill...

2. Ignore her unless the noble house he is working for says to do something for the poor. Then just bless her day.

3.Be very mad and aim at cutting off his hands then taking all his stuff and sending him to the guards.

4. Shrug it off.

5. Say sorry if a noble is close but otherwise don't care to much

6. Give them the best funeral I can but still try and hide I may have done it.

7. Secretly still do so.

8. Stay with the nobles, just be mean to the Horde members anyway.

9. Ask whoever has him in their home to keep the child and if I can't keep him because of his mother tell her she will get no help unless I get the child. If the noble says no I'll nod and just close the door on the mother.

10. Would look down and grab the nearest weapon, killing himself again and hopefully for the last time.

11. Try and find all the families say sorry for your loss then kill myself.

12. Leave the bar and never look back.

13. Same as 12, sept maybe come back.

14. Force them into marrage as best I can.

15. Immediate devorce

16.Unless the noble asks me to do something, don't care. Burn the warlock scum.

17. Kill the child by pruging for the greater good.

18. Demmand a court sentance and if that doesn't work never show up and fight off anything he sends at me. If a noble has taken me in... hide between their legs :P

19. Leave her/him be, it's their life no matter how much I suffer from it.

20. tell my noble if no noble... kill them for treason but say I'm sorry for doing so.
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
Korius Tailor:

Spoiler:

1- Warn them before anything goes rough, if it fails, would try to attack to knock them out and run away.

2- Ask he for what she needs it, and will go and buy it.

3- attack the bandit, and send him for law interrogation, while searching for the family.

4- Not care.

5- apologies and leave the area to calm down.

6- Try to heal them, if not go an bury them in a grave near a city.

7- Accuse the king of being foolish and start gathering followers for the light, if not one believes, he would leave the place, and go somewhere he can follow the light.

8- I leave them be, telling them I will be here, and if they will need any help they can always ask.

9- Would support her in any way possible until the child is grown, and then leave, unless korius fell in love with her again.

10- continue spreading the light's ideals even if the light isn't with you, it doesn't mean you still can't follow it's rules.

11- Solitate, think in a cave, until coming to the best solution, and that will be helping people, but how?

12- Help fixing the bar, and work in it, until it will be fixed.

13- Help fixing the bar a bit, and leave.

14- I will try to do my best to support the child and help him/her along her way.

15- Have a good laugh and try to learn.(Most likely kill him if he will overextends.)

16- Do everything to stop it, and lock the warlock away, under guard, and go to find out who is right.

17- Let the child leave, until the day to kill the demon comes, the day it will, he will be ready, because he will gather an army to fight the demon.

18- Not care, if he thinks I went off, he is wrong.

19- Try to do everything I can to fix it, if not.. leave her be, until she dies.

20- Help her spy, until the time is right, and capture her to bring her to jail.

I read you wanted a code, so I put on my preachers hat and typed out some fancy words to reflect my thoughts when I play my all-time favourite class: The paladin.

Karunzo's code
Spoiler:
Like the winds erode mountains, acts of good cull evil.

Even the smallest of good deeds counts towards the greater good. No matter how insignificant it may seem, every good deed aids the cause.

Every man is equal in the eyes of the Light.

It matters not what your background is, what foul deeds you have done in the past, all that matters is that you serve the Light and that we all do equally, for one can not serve the Light more than others. You either do, or you don't.

The Light is present in each and everyone.

To every man the Light reaches out and compels him to do good. Even the bandit that preys on the weak hears the call of the Light, he simply doesn't listen.

The ignorant shall be enlightened.

Those that speak out against me out of ignorance or hate shall be taught about the philosophy of the Light. Should they choose to remain ignorant, I shall pray the Light's wisdom may yet reach them.

The needy shall receive aid.

No matter who they may be, no matter what they may have done, if a soul is in obvious need of my assistance, I shall grant it to them. If I, personally, am unable to aid them, I shall find one that can.

As my faith protects me, so shall I protect the people.

Never shall I draw arms against a fellow human lest they attempt to take my life, and these attempts shall be met only with sufficient force and never more than that.

The Light's wisdom is infinite in mystery.

No man can ever hope to truly understand the Light that guides us all, and anyone who claims otherwise is a fool. One can only hope to understand Its teachings and revel in Its glory.

Redemption is the Light's greatest gift.

Even the man with the darkest of hearts can turn to the Light in his hour of need and he shall be shown the way.

Doubt takes away from faith.

I trust in the Light that guides me, for It is the source of my powers; My sword and my shield. To doubt in the Light is to surrender my arms to the evil that wishes me dead.

Above all, you are a servant of the Light first and a man second.

I am a servant of the Light, my voice is Its voice and my deeds are Its deeds. All that I do is reflected upon the Light and I shall not take this burden lightly.

I tried to arrange in it a way so that you could speak out the bold texts like some kind of a prayer. Not sure if succeeded.

(C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER)
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From Paladin to Rogue. jak13 1 707 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Etmosril
  A paladin Heroforgotten 13 2,633 06-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Heroforgotten
  Paladin Groups Heroforgotten 1 704 05-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Hogral
  Paladin questions gryphonqueen13 3 894 05-07-2009, 11:48 PM