The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Requests for Prestige
I'm not sure if this inquiry belongs here, or elsewhere (please feel free to correct me and move the thread as you see fit).

I would like to seek the GM's consent on two things concerning my orc huntress, Bokri; firstly, I would like to undergo prestige training to grant her the title of Beastmaster (she would most likely train in Blade's Edge Mountains and various other places in Draenor), and secondly, I would like her to undertake a series of trials to obtain a netherwing drake.
before u say i am stoling this tesseract let me explain to u a thing
Do read the guidelines for prestige titles, they're on the Wiki under "Creating a Character". It pays to look around before asking, most info is already out there, hehe.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I've been slowly working my way through the prestige classes articles on the wiki, so I have a lot of the links you want at hand. They're a little all over the place, but hopefully that'll be fixed within the next day or so.

Check out:
  • Specialized Class Titles article: information about obtaining said titles
  • Prestige Title Template: this has both the template used in applying for a prestige title as well as a list of possible titles to explore (some are more 'okay' than others, as I've learned!)
  • Class Titles category: this is a list of prestige titles who currently have articles; each page provides more information about the title

Please note: the Beastmaster does not appear to be a title that players can currently obtain. However, if you do have your heart set on that specific title rather than one that is listed there, I believe that you can create a template similar to what Knock has done in his Prestige Class Template Discussion: Demon Hunter thread. The Demon Hunter title does exist, but the article regarding what it is and how to obtain it it pretty anemic. A reference to use in creating such a template would be the WoWWiki Beastmaster article.

You seem to meet all of the requirements to be eligible to apply for a prestige title, but you have not filled out the template. Within it, you also have to explain your character's motivation for receiving the training, the powers that will be obtained, and how they will be used within the game.

Hope that this helps! Good luck in your pursuit of a prestige title; I haven't seen anyone attempt it myself since joining, so I'll be watching your progress with extreme interest. Maybe I'll use your experiences to help flesh out the wiki articles!
That guide isn't really one needed as there apparently is a Demon Hunter to do list already in. If you dig around the forums there was a few of them a few years ago who followed the lore behind it with no twists.
It puts the grammar in the RP or else it gets the hose again...
Piroska Wrote:Please note: the Beastmaster does not appear to be a title that players can currently obtain.
The ones listed there are really just examples. Any prestige class on WoWwiki seems to be accepted for Prestige applications. In fact, we had someone doing the forum posts to become a Beastmaster a while ago Maulbane.
Piroska Wrote:I've been slowly working my way through the prestige classes articles on the wiki, so I have a lot of the links you want at hand. They're a little all over the place, but hopefully that'll be fixed within the next day or so.

Check out:
  • Specialized Class Titles article: information about obtaining said titles
  • Prestige Title Template: this has both the template used in applying for a prestige title as well as a list of possible titles to explore (some are more 'okay' than others, as I've learned!)
  • Class Titles category: this is a list of prestige titles who currently have articles; each page provides more information about the title

Please note: the Beastmaster does not appear to be a title that players can currently obtain. However, if you do have your heart set on that specific title rather than one that is listed there, I believe that you can create a template similar to what Knock has done in his Prestige Class Template Discussion: Demon Hunter thread. The Demon Hunter title does exist, but the article regarding what it is and how to obtain it it pretty anemic. A reference to use in creating such a template would be the WoWWiki Beastmaster article.
Thanks for those. I knew they were someplace, but I lost them for a while. XD And as far as I'm aware, Beastmaster is indeed a prestige-only title. (Otherwise, I probably would have had no qualms taking it already.)
Nostra Wrote:Do read the guidelines for prestige titles, they're on the Wiki under "Creating a Character". It pays to look around before asking, most info is already out there, hehe.
I also need a second opinion on wether I should be able to receive a Netherwing Drake as an IC mount for her, which I'm also prepared to work for.
My pleasure, miss Ironside.

I have a slightly selfish request, if you don't mind me asking. As you go through the efforts of obtaining the prestige class, could you maybe write up something that I can place on the wiki? There's no article currently on beastmasters and I think it would be wonderful to have something there -- especially since I can also reference your character's name as a current one, in case others want to follow in your footsteps or seek training! I found Diethe's excellent summary -- which includes a short segment on beastmasters -- but more would be wonderful.

I can completely understand if you don't want to. Like I said, I'm being selfish. Good luck in your training!
Piroska Wrote:My pleasure, miss Ironside.

I have a slightly selfish request, if you don't mind me asking. As you go through the efforts of obtaining the prestige class, could you maybe write up something that I can place on the wiki? There's no article currently on beastmasters and I think it would be wonderful to have something there -- especially since I can also reference your character's name as a current one, in case others want to follow in your footsteps or seek training! I found Diethe's excellent summary -- which includes a short segment on beastmasters -- but more would be wonderful.

I can completely understand if you don't want to. Like I said, I'm being selfish. Good luck in your training!
Oh, absolutely! It'd be my pleasure to write up a report. :3
You're to send the app. in as a PM to one of the GMs, Ironside, hehe, also, after reading the one in your OP a tip would be to expand on the answers since in the form it is in right now it would likely be rejected due to lack of information. As for a Netherwing drake, it's not impossible, but it'd likely be stuck in Outland (I read somewhere they needed the arcane energies there to be able to survive/read, even if not it'd be hard to get them out of there) and it would be very hard to earn their trust. Do remember that dragons aren't just some animal but are very intelligent, for the most part, and magical creatures.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Nostra Wrote:You're to send the app. in as a PM to one of the GMs, Ironside, hehe, also, after reading the one in your OP a tip would be to expand on the answers since in the form it is in right now it would likely be rejected due to lack of information. As for a Netherwing drake, it's not impossible, but it'd likely be stuck in Outland (I read somewhere they needed the arcane energies there to be able to survive/read, even if not it'd be hard to get them out of there) and it would be very hard to earn their trust. Do remember that dragons aren't just some animal but are very intelligent, for the most part, and magical creatures.
*Facepalm* I would. XD

(And, she would keep her netherdrake in draenor/outlands, no problem.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter Veil Gift Requests (2014) Kretol 30 8,904 01-15-2015, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Aethon
  Holiday Gift Requests (2013) Kretol 50 9,684 01-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Holiday Gift Requests Grakor456 45 6,320 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  The Tier System: (A prestige system idea, work in progress) Brutalskars 199 24,273 08-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Prestige? Aadora 25 4,694 04-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Lystaa