The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Alliance romance traditions - A guide
Because I am a moron and because I am not allowed to post a new topic in the Guides forum, I will now put this here. Enjoy, and give me info if you can. I'm missing a lot of info on Dwarven and Gnome customs.

I wrote this, because honestly, people's romance policies on a lot of the races make me sad. Particularly the 'pretty' races of Night Elves and Draenei.

Draenei: Draenei are traditionalists. Because of the close annihilation of their race, they are very focused on procreation (unlikely to be accepting of gay or bisexual unions). They do not condone inter-racial romance either for this reason.
There is little known of their rites of marriage/partnership, but it is indicated heavily that O'ros and Velen would probably perform them in person (a single partnership is still very important to the longevity of the race).

Humans: Just like humans. There are conservative marriage-only relationships, there are casual ones, half-companionship half-romance - just like in real life. However, keep in mind your character's origins and beliefs and act accordingly.

Dwarves: Very little is known. Their culture does not lend itself well to frivolity (and they are also Light-worshiping), so they do tend to pair up for long periods of time in both a romantic and working partnership. I do not believe they are sensitive about extra-marital affairs when they exist.
Oh, and beards are a sign of beauty for Dwarf females. Hehehe.

Gnomes: While Gnomes do practice marriage, they are open-minded and probably willing to extend experimentation into their love lives. There is evidence of Gnome and Human relationships (Marven and Tamara Wobblesprocket) which backs this theory up nicely.

Night Elves: Let's get one thing straight here: Night. Elves. Are. Monogamous. You are NOT going to see a sane one flirting with someone if they already have a mate, and you definitely aren't going to see them go for a non-Kal'dorei. They spend hundreds of years searching for their ideal mate, and they are incredibly faithful to this mate once they have him/her.

Aaaand that's all, folks.
Thanks for this, It's nice to see some lore consideration and sense put into the implementation of relationships. Back on the retails there were lesbian Draenei and sl*t-like Kal'dorei everywhere x.x
... So many good guides, so few people who read them. These should be in the Wiki.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
This looked correct to me, and since I'm such a practical man I edited the original romance traditions guide to include this. ^^
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I'm sad about the Night Elf thing.

Made me cry a little. Now whenever I'm on retail, I'll feel so wrong.

Haha, great guide!

Strongly needed to clarify things throughout the community.
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
An article you might wanna take a quick look at is this'n here. Covers a few suggestive topics, so click at your own risk, but it covers some interesting facts about marriage, romance, etc.
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
I lol'd several times reading that, Kiffles, hehe. Awesome find.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Wait...draenei frown upon inter-racial relationships? So no waggle for non-draenei?
Pain is an illusion.
AM180 Wrote:Wait...draenei frown upon inter-racial relationships? So no waggle for non-draenei?
Nope.

The Draenei are too busy trying to repopulate to have inter-racial relationships.

Plus they're too old for that kind of stuff. Or they'll outlive their mates.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Xigo Wrote:
AM180 Wrote:Wait...draenei frown upon inter-racial relationships? So no waggle for non-draenei?
Nope.

The Draenei are too busy trying to repopulate to have inter-racial relationships.

Plus they're too old for that kind of stuff. Or they'll outlive their mates.

But I think the question still remains: are they monogamous like the Night Elves and have life partners? Or do they not mind and can have "casual relationships" with other races?
Pain is an illusion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feranos' Guide to Metals Kaghuros 0 1,847 10-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  So, I heard you like romance... Alliicce 3 1,028 06-22-2014, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  Mauri's Guide to Herbs Absurdkoala 1 2,665 05-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Last Post: KomodoTheCashew
  Children of the Earthmother - A guide to tauren roleplay (incomplete) ghaskan 7 4,965 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ghaskan
  RPregnancy - A Guide to RPing a Pregnant Character [WIP] c0rzilla 26 18,784 12-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Nymus