The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Gnomeregan Reclaimation Megathread! SPOILERS WITHIN
-Message purged.-
Spoiler:
I really can't take Mekkatorque's voice seriously. LOL I thought it'd be at least a bit deeper.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Spoiler:
Mekkatorque = Zim. ._. Thermaplugg's growing on me, though.

AND THAT MUSIC IS STILL TEH EPIC.
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
Spoiler:
Why is it that EVERYTHING we do on CotH suddenly finds its way into retail? If Blizzard makes the Sin'sholai then I will shat brix be very amazed.
So Ivan say to me "Who was talking device then?"

And then Sergei say "But Ivan is dead"

That is when I realize Sergei was bear.
I think Mekkatorque's voice used to be deeper.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

The best part? "Sweet baby titans!" I'm going to find a way to work that phrase into daily conversations from now on. Boytoy is not going to be amused...
-Message purged.-
I think that the same actor who did Professor Putricide is doing Mekkatorque's voice now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PStC-LNZ2s[/youtube]

Compare.
Having actually read up on the whole thing, what players will do is aid in the retaking before Cata, and it will just be assumed in that three (?) year timespan all those players going to help would have just done it on it's own, no huge big wave and push. There isn't going to be a retaking if the capital city for gnomes changes to Gnomergan because it'd just be too hard for new gnomes to get into it.

tl;dr It's not some huge event, it's just having players run quests as if they are helping to retake it.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
I love how one large drawn out war here is a few level 30 elites in retail.
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
I have a very sad, sneaking suspicion that they are doing this -just- before they destroy the Echo Isles and Gnomer in Cataclysm. So they can say "well, look at that... isn't that just sad?"

D:
-Message purged.-
I think they'd made a big deal out of it they were gonna add new cities to the game, Anski is probably right, they'll just change/add quests to make it feel more like there is an effort to reclaim the areas before Cataclysm, then they'll both be blown to smithereens, or sunk.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Becoming a Worgen. [Spoilers, mebbe.] Binkleheimer 11 2,093 07-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Gnomes before Gnomeregan. Bovel 6 1,252 04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Last Post: SweetSpirit
  gnomeregan austinatops 1 695 10-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Anski
  Can Gnomeregan be saved? Secrettom 26 3,926 08-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Krent