The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Gnomes before Gnomeregan.
In the light of recent foundings I wonder, where did the gnomes live before Gnomeregan?

Quote:c. -170
The Dwarves first discovered the gnomes a little over 200 years ago, and became friends with them, allowing them to build Gnomeregan in their lands.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28PG%29
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
On a related note, what year did gnomeregan get irradiated?
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9174&sid=1

Made by a friend of mine.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Truly an awesome timeline with alot of things mentioned also anchored in quests within Wow.

But it still does not really answer my question and to me it does not make sense, I doubt the gnomes have been living in small settlements and still doing their engineering there open for the world to see.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.

I have done research into the matter in the past when I created a gnomish character of mine that grew up on a village that had not yet relocated to Gnomeregan before its takeover and subsequent irradication...

There were various villages where the Gnomes lived in what is now known as the inhospitable place called the Searing Gorge. They moved out of it over time after Gnomeregan was built, and obviously escaped during Ragnaros' summoning. They also had villages ALL OVER khaz modan, i'm sure... but blah -.-

I don't even remember where I read something about that though, or where I came to that conclusion. Apparently the works cited I used in Yashika's biograhpy that I saved has gone poof, so if someone else can find some kind of revelation here, put it here! Sorry, I guess I failed at helping -.- I shall keep searching for proof of my claim...

Edit: Oh... I found it. I think I actually confused my facts... I'm looking up my proof now <_<

http://www.wowpedia.org/Gnome
Quote:The first widely recorded interaction between gnomes and dwarves occurred a little over 200 years prior to The Burning Crusade. As the story goes, a dwarven explorer came across a small gnomish village. He was shocked to discover that while dwarves had just discovered gunpowder, the gnomes already had a fully automated village with such novelties as mechanical chickens. Contact between the two races grew, and soon, they became quick allies, and the dwarves allowed the gnomes to build their capital city, Gnomeregan, in the foothills of Dun Morogh, near the Dwarven capital, Ironforge.[3]

From this one line I could only assume they lived in techno-states that had some kind of loose nobility for the various states [until said nobility ended, of course.]

http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28unofficial%29
Quote:-370

* Last gnome royalty

Like that. Sorry that I got my facts a little confused <-< But yep, basically I could only assume they were in parts of Khaz Modan that the dwarves did not explore for quite some time.
Redridge and X became Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes at the end of the War of the Three Hammers, about fifty years before the dwarves bump into the gnomes for the first time. Therefore they cannot have fleed from Ragnaros to Gnomeregan or even into dwarves since they had not met at the time and Gnomeregan did not exist.

Oh, right. Still got my facts wrong XD. I'm glad you saw that issue instead though. Sorry about that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnomeregan Reclaimation Megathread! SPOILERS WITHIN Secrettom 12 2,355 03-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  gnomeregan austinatops 1 695 10-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Anski
  Deathknights, Undead, and Gnomes! Harmonic 31 5,087 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  The OoC Event! Gnomes, Tauren and Undead, oh my! Secrettom 9 1,563 03-22-2009, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Secrettom
  "Plight Of The Gnomes": FINISHED! Secrettom 11 1,826 12-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Hawk