The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: How would you rate Rp for the horde
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 (terrible)
5.00%
1 5.00%
15.00%
3 15.00%
50.00%
10 50.00%
25.00%
5 25.00%
5 ( Perfect )
5.00%
1 5.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Horde rp? Horde guilds?
So I've been away for a few months. Doubt anyone remembers me but thats beside the point. Was wondering hows rp on the Kalimdor front? Last time I was here my orc spent most of his time with only his Brotherhood on a little island off of ratchet. Wouldnt mind reviving that guild but I rather know if there are some people to rp with in the horde that is in Kalimdor before I start planing guilds and rp. Last time I ran my guild it stoped being an orcish clan and became a Brotherhood with an orc leader. Still fun though.

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
Are you kidding me? Blood Elves are everywhere, and so are trolls to a lesser degree. The roleplaying prospects are equal to that of Alliance - and besides, with the Arena in the Barrens, cross-faction RP is very alive and well.
It would be easy for you to work a guild.

Oh, and I love your signature.
Seeing more votes than comments. Please if you vote leave a comment. Espically if you give it a low number. I want to hear the server's thoughts on the rp of the horde.

There's not much Horde RP on the Kalimdor scene, but Brutal still has his BSHG events in Northrend fairly regularly. Then there's cross-faction stuff, of course.
Too many Blood Elves still around in my opinion. I'd love to see more Orcs about, and I'll be making one myself soon! That is, there's too many Blood Elves in Kalimdor, not in general. The RP base is Ratchet, and so all RP is cross-faction, but I'd love to see Orgrimmar used as an RP base as Stormwind is, and theres more empty houses for RP in Orgrimmar, making it a darker place. I voted a 3, because despite this, the RP is generally still quite good, but we could use Orgrimmar arena too if it was opened by Kretol and the GM's.
Grah!

The Horde still holds strong with blood and strength at its side! No elf can slow our progress, -except maybe Astus because his red hat generates lag when dealing with wolvar- but that is not the point.

The Bloodsworn Honorguard are keeping up activity in Northrend. But You should see the post I am about to do for new information about BSHG and LHC activities.

Strength and Honor brothers and sisters. May honor guide your blades.
-Warlord Kathorg Gorehallow
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
It feels less like 'Horde RP' and more like 'Multi-racial' RP when I play on a Horde character.

The only times I've done 'Horde RP' is when I am in Mulgore on my Tauren, or fighting with the BS Honorguard.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
benblaster247 Wrote:Too many Blood Elves still around in my opinion. I'd love to see more Orcs about, and I'll be making one myself soon! That is, there's too many Blood Elves in Kalimdor, not in general. The RP base is Ratchet, and so all RP is cross-faction, but I'd love to see Orgrimmar used as an RP base as Stormwind is, and theres more empty houses for RP in Orgrimmar, making it a darker place. I voted a 3, because despite this, the RP is generally still quite good, but we could use Orgrimmar arena too if it was opened by Kretol and the GM's.
Totally agree. (Not to mention that it's kind of...strange to have Blood Elves ICly hanging out in the Barrens all the time. You'd think they'd keep more to themselves and stay in Quel'Thalas, but nooo...)

We *do* need more orcs, maybe some good tauren too. The "original Horde" (Trolls, Orcs, Tauren) specific RP is kind of hard to find, which makes it difficult to find RP in general for my orc main. Voted a 3, because I really think we need a more widespread choice in Horde RP, not just hanging around Ratchet with Blood Elves. :/

Opening the Orgrimmar Arena would be a lovely idea, if it can be arranged. <3
before u say i am stoling this tesseract let me explain to u a thing
Well, we're probably seeing blood elves outside of Silvermoon City because Barrens is such a rampant roleplaying hotspot. To borrow from Kretol's signature (who, it appears, borrowed from somebody else):

Quote:Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning.
You can approach roleplaying at Ratchet the same way. Is it unlikely? Sure -- but I'm pretty certain that we all can find reasons to bring our characters there.

That said, I logged in throughout the day prior to 3.3.3. It seemed that during the earlier part of the day (PST/PDT, -9/-8 GMT) roleplay was dominated by Alliance roleplay. During these times, Stormwind in particular was full of people. Then as the day progressed, the balance switched over to primarily the Horde. Due to my innate need to find patterns, I was watching. That and it helped me decide which of my characters to roleplay to ensure that there would be some sort of interaction.

Of the Horde, I'm seeing many more blood elves than any other race, though within the last week or so I'm definitely seeing a climb in the number of tauren. Of the Forsaken I typically saw one or two a day. Trolls, that fluctuated. Orcs tended to be relatively rare. Kretol was probably the only one I saw on a regular basis and that was while he was orc-handling my poor paladin in Warsong Gulch!
I agree with this saying, and use it myself when I consider RPing someplace. What I also consider is which of my characters would be most likely to be there. I made a character of each faction, and a Death Knight because there was lots of Ebon Blade RP then. My first character was a Blood Elf, which was a part of the Sin'Sholai then and so I made Harthor, my Troll. Yes, these things arent really boundaries anymore, but on this server it is never out of the question to make a new character, as there are no discriminations against low level characters. So, what am I saying here? All those Blood Elves in Ratchet would not be likely to be there anymore. I agreed with it when Rommath was around, but now they should be back in Quel'Thalas, as the rest of Azeroth really doesn't like them.

It would be easier for the RP if there were races like Draenei, Tauren, Orcs, and Trolls at the arena, as these races don't like fighting Blood Elves, and smaller races, because if they lose their honour takes a major drop, I mean what self respecting Tauren would let himself be beaten by a scrawny Blood Elf in hand to hand combat?

So, if people are hanging out in Ratchet on Blood Elves when they could really have made a character who's aim in life would be to fight and so be at the Arena, like the Old Horde.

Thanks!
So I logged on for a bit last night and got alot of " OMGWTF?!" some "ajkfaiuaerjkasdahighaof" and 1 " Oshi!". Sadly I saw no orcs, no tauren or trolls. Just blood elves so its as you guys say it is. To bad I wasn't able to get into any rp but I was able to catch up with a few friends which is always nice. Also saw that Boulderlode mine was no longer under horde control but back with the venture company. Guess I owe the gm team an apology for disappearing without putting someone in-charge of that place. XD Just means I have to take it over again if I start roleplaying here again.

So anyway, horde guilds. Any of them active other than the Honorguard?

Well, you could always adopt the Wikipedia motto and apply it here: "Be bold!" If you're disappointed by the lack of Horde roleplay that isn't dominated by blood elves, take the initiative! Make something! Be awesome-r! You might be able to garner a lot of interest and swing things around. Others may equally miss tauren or orc or troll roleplay, but feel restricted to playing blood elves because it guarantees them a source of roleplay; if they're given the opportunity to play other characters, they may gleefully do so.

I have no clue myself, but maybe it would be a fun way to herald your return to Conquest of the Horde!
Bah, I voted terrible, without remember that Bloodelves are of the Horde. Probably, because I bet anything that without the little pink-human-esque things that there would probably be -nothing- but a few token Trolls around. I love roleplaying as Tauren and Orcs, but finding a good ammount of that RP on CoTH is just plain hard to find.
Piroska Wrote:Well, you could always adopt the Wikipedia motto and apply it here: "Be bold!" If you're disappointed by the lack of Horde roleplay that isn't dominated by blood elves, take the initiative! Make something! Be awesome-r! You might be able to garner a lot of interest and swing things around. Others may equally miss tauren or orc or troll roleplay, but feel restricted to playing blood elves because it guarantees them a source of roleplay; if they're given the opportunity to play other characters, they may gleefully do so.

I have no clue myself, but maybe it would be a fun way to herald your return to Conquest of the Horde!

Good suggestion going to the wrong guy i guess you could say. I think I am way to bold for Coth, at least I was when I tip toed out the door. I already have some rp ideas swiming in my head but I am sure that I would have to spend hours chatting with gms just to get a ball rolling for some of the stuff I would want to do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Horde and the Alliance Wuvvums 14 2,210 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Alliance vs. Horde? highwayunicorn 5 1,659 06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: kirilldun
  Bringing back Horde RP Wuvvums 7 1,788 05-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Jurkey
  What's the status of Horde RP? [Orc, Troll and Tauren] grembomb 8 1,504 05-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Blizzard favors Horde too much. World of HORDECraft Zvezdichko 91 16,025 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Liamsi