The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The prestige title "Fel-Sworn"
First off I would just like to say that I LOVE WINDOWS 7!!!
I accedently went to the previous page and it delelted all the typing I did. Fortunatly Windows 7 got it all back for me. So Target(Windows 7) /cuddle /hug /kiss /love /bow /cheer

It seemed that I wrote more then I did when I typed it but I didn't really type much... :/ Oh well Here it is.

I made the precarious adventure into the wild and unknown world that is know by the name of the "Wiki". I ventured there to discover information on the prestige title Fel-Sworn, and more questions surfaced then answered.

First, I am not entirely sure how one would become Fel-Sworn. I think you need to be trained by someone to do this. If that is true, then the Wiki said there is no PC to teach it, and one would need to create a NPC. How would someone go about doing this?

Second, what kind of training would one have to go through? I believe somewhere I read or was told about drinking demon blood? Or something along those lines. I just want some clarification on that.

Third, how long would the training last? Years? Months? Would someone need to have studied fel long before they even attempted this? If so how long?

Fourth, I was curious if Fel-Sworn can be the only prestige class open to warlocks besides necromancer? For example, My warlock, Valingash, is the head of a school (The Felweaver Accord). Could there be a prestige title such as "Shadow Master" Or something just to give him more things to teach to his students?

I am quite curious on this topic.
Spoiler:
APPROVED CHARACTERS!!!
Al'Zulak the Troll
Valingash the Warlock

[Image: badge.jpg]
I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games
I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
Yay, people use the wiki!

There are a couple of requirements when going for a prestige title. Off the top of my head, there's:
  • Be a Grunt
  • Be an active member of the server for a minimum of two months
  • Your character profile must have received a stamp of approval

Once you fufill those requirements (and maybe others; can't think of any offhand), you can fill out the Prestige Title Template. This is a questionnaire that basically details what class title you want to obtain, the powers that you will eventually gain, how they will be implemented in the game, and -- perhaps most importantly -- why you want the title. The more detailed you are in this the more likely you will be accepted. This will need to be sent to a staff member via PM.

In order to obtain a prestige title, you have to gain them through roleplay over an extended period of time (months and maybe even longer!). If someone has completed the training himself, he is capable of teaching you (but may choose to decline or stop training at any time). If no one has done that, you must create an NPC (non-playable character) who will teach you. Your interaction with this character must occur over time on the forums, in the In Character Forum. You will be controlling both the actions of your character and your teacher.

Regarding prestige classes you can obtain, there is a pretty general list of prestige title examples on the wiki. These are titles obtained from the various incarnations of the roleplaying game (and may not even be complete!). However, some of the titles listed there are unavailable to most players and may only be an option for experienced roleplayers who have created a name for themselves on the forums and have damned good reason for playing those classes. This is due to the powers that may be inherent in that class.

Possibilities available to you include:
There may be others, but articles have not been created for every prestige class on that list. If you research a class that may be suitable for a warlock, you could probably try to obtain it or create background for that class (though the final word is reserved by the collective staff).

Phew! Hope that that helps!
That did help. Thank you very much.

So if there is a PC that can teach me I would go through the training ICly on the server? And if there isn't I would go through the training ICly on the forum?
Spoiler:
APPROVED CHARACTERS!!!
Al'Zulak the Troll
Valingash the Warlock

Correct, though interaction with a player character can also occur on the forums. This would also probably help, since there are less restrictions in what you can do in writing than what would happen in-game.

I've done a bit of research on players who have obtained prestige classes in the past (this may have been before the big wipe some time ago). One person in particular noted that becoming an archmage actually ruined his opportunity to roleplay with others. For one, it resulted significant power that might result in people avoiding him. Who wants to compete against or even socialize with an individual who could probably incinerate him with a flick of his wrist? It's hard to interact with people on a casual level when you've gained significant powers over others, regardless of what you do.

In your case, obtaining the Fel-Sworn title would actually result in physical manifestation of your character's powers (horns, tail, wings, whatever). Once these become apparent, you will most likely find almost every group on any planet will attack you on sight. You wouldn't be able to enter towns or cities ever again, assuming that these attributes are permanent.

Just some things to keep in mind!
Yes, I thought about that. Thanks for clearing things up. ^^
Spoiler:
APPROVED CHARACTERS!!!
Al'Zulak the Troll
Valingash the Warlock

Though it isn't established in must detail, you could ask about Hexer, but I don't think that is available to races other than trolls and maybe orcs, and I am not even sure then (might just be a priest thing idk much about what the requirements are). A Pyremaster may also be a Warlock class since it involves summoning undead, the use of fire magic, immunity/healing of flames, talking with the dead, etc... but that is an orc only thing I believe.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
/thread-necro

I think that Shadowmage would fit nicely here, Valintobehalz.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I think the major kink with the felsworn idea is that it is something that is not teached but something that is done. Felsworn implies someone or something that has been affected so much by fel that they turn malicious and mutated. (See raptors and windserpents in Blade's Edge aswell as any felsworn blood elf.) The red skinned fel orcs could be considered felsworn on a techincal point.

Becoming one would really be getting fel fed to you and learning to keep some level of control on yourself meanwhile.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the Title of your Character's Memoir Krilari 26 3,195 10-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Last Post: Holynexus
  The Tier System: (A prestige system idea, work in progress) Brutalskars 199 24,273 08-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Prestige? Aadora 25 4,694 04-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Lystaa
  Prestige Titles: My Opinions Stormgald 10 2,081 08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Rigley
  Prestige Class Template Discussion: Blademaster Beltharean 8 2,036 07-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Beltharean