The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Metal Limbs.
Anyone know how advance the majority of prosthetic limbs are in Azeroth? meaning not a Tech-Mage's super almost real leg one.
"It's always do Gnomes have a vibration setting... what about Goblins, huh? huh?!"
I've seen prosthetics RPed here on CotH that are often better than the real deal when it comes to motion and strength along with that they look just like a regular arm. This is in my opinion more than wrong, it's RP heresy.

In my opinion the -best- kind of techno-magic prosthetics in Wow should look like a big hunk of metal that makes alot of sound, smell and tends to rust and break and most of all; always be awfully painful at the attach-area.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Well, I read on Wowwiki about a Techno-Mage that had a leg that was almost like a normal flesh limb, so it can be pretty advance me thinks...
http://www.wowpedia.org/Grimm_Onearm
"It's always do Gnomes have a vibration setting... what about Goblins, huh? huh?!"
I'd consider the techno-mage to be a unique situation. The application of mage when creating technological masterpieces puts it well above what is normally available to most people. To quote the WoWWiki article:
Quote:Instead of treating their inventions as mere items, they tended to view the objects as extensions of themselves, using their will to enhance the item temporarily.
In general, I think that the mechanical limbs available to most people are on-par with the technology used within Azeroth. It tends to be steam-powered, the technology isn't available to make anything on par to what we can (and, keep in mind, prosthetic limbs that we use tend to use plastics extensively and I don't think we're quite up to that level), and is limited by funds. In general, most people aren't going to afford anything too extensive (or even functional!) because even if it were available they can't pay for it.

In fact, I think that the majority of prosthetic limbs would be limited to hooks, peg legs, and the like.
Another thing, they'd be expensive and I don't mean a years pay for a wealthy mage. I mean -really- expensive and there is not just one payment either, cause it will need constant repairs. Not even the cheaper ones would be afforded unless you are almost of royal blood.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.

Though not at all related to WoW, this may be fitting, the design anyways. I don't know exactly how it functioned, I think it could grip things based on how he moved his arm, but that is it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6tz_von_Berlichingen
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
Bovel Wrote:In my opinion the -best- kind of techno-magic prosthetics in Wow should look like a big hunk of metal that makes alot of sound, smell and tends to rust and break and most of all; always be awfully painful at the attach-area.

That would actually be way more fun to roleplay than a real leg. It'd be GOLDEN if you gave him blond hair, a scruffy beard, always strangely had a wild-grass toothpick kind of thing in his mouth, and if that wasn't in his mouth he would have a big cigar in it instead. And he should wear a big brown trench coat with white and oil stained overalls or something underneath and something. And then he's always shaking his metallic leg with a whole bunch of bolts coming out while cursing something under his breath.

...Just an idea. Lol XD Also, as far as legs go I've always been a fan of the steam/clockwork thing. Not that it would exactly fit in WoW unless you were someone brilliant, such as Gelbin Mekkatorque. That is all just my personal opinion, though. The picture that references said clockwork leg IS essentially one big metal block though =P. As for that thing on his arm that looks similar to his leg, that isn't actually a prosthetic thing I think. I actually don't know what the heck it is O_o

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... ept_04.jpg

Also, VERY interesting find there Jeff. o-o
I think Prosthetics are super cool in wow, I have rped helping make some before. :D
My character Kaz's foot is just a hunk of metal that's hollow with wood inside, so he can carve it out periodically while his foot grows back...

Nothing special, just some titanium (rust proof), and then hinges on his toes. Easy peasy since trolls have two. LOL

Also, dibs on the cursing trench coat dewd. :roll:
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Enigneered prostethics is supposed to be rare. Like half-race rare. At the moment I cannot really say that would be the case here on CotH since about a third of those who hang in Ratchet have something replaced. Even the poor.

Metal limbs are possible, Drakus had two metal arms but lost it cos some meanie healers healed and restored his arms T_T
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
But with super duper crystalforged arms and whatnot Drakus is in the Arthas-rarity level when it comes to prostethics.

Wait, restoring arms? I've always found the healing in WoW to be way too ambiguous, and when you get the point where you can actually restore multiple lost limbs I think it's TOO ambiguous. I really think someone needs to write a guide on what healers/priests can and can't do.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Sebastien has a metallic left hand. To compare it to Drakus' arms, it's a pile of twigs. It comes with many downsides, that hand. Due to using it he cannot use magic, he can't fight a normal battle due to it being fragile, it seizes up when it gets very cold, in Outland it drops off often and did I mention it's quite fragile?

So, yeah, I kind of plan on it shattering soon and needing another one made. Luckily he's an Engineer, has the original blueprints for them, has his own workshop and has a few assistants who can make another for him.
Yeah I agree that super duber draenei arm was OP, thats why I got rid of it (I didn't make it, I just walked around and it got thrown at me xD) and Drakus' previous arm, the one I made via RP, wasn't THAT OP -and- it took a OOC month to make with the help of 3 Engineers.

But if limbs can't be restored, I take it Drakus still has his mech arms (except not Draenei mech arm, just weak normal one) and he never lost them? :P
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]