The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Making an original DK
Hey all! Well, it's certainly been a while, and things have changed, so I'm not sure if this is (or ever was) the right spot to ask about this.

I've been thinking of making a character that I tried on a live server, and actually got a really positive response from. This is one of the original Orcish (Second War) Death Knights, Teron Gorefiend-esque. I'd RP him as seeking to rejoin the Horde at first, and then... Well, see what happens, who he can join, all that jazz.

ICly, he'd have access to only Unholy powers of a DK, as well as some Shadow, but no Frost or Blood, which I personally think is acceptable (for the type of character), but I'm doing this to get feedback from the server itself.

My reasoning for this is that, the Death Knights continued to serve the Horde/fight for the Warchief, even after Gul'dan's betrayal. Especially since Locks themselves are tolerated, if not overly liked, I'd think that if this Death Knight could prove himself to the Horde, he'd be able to join back in.

His story is in the works. Comments are welcome! (Hell, that's what the thread was created for)
I think we only have access to Third Generation Death Knights. So.. I'm not sure how that would go. Maybe if you altered him to be from the third war instead. Just a guess though.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
I don't think that'd be possible, sorry. The Death Knights you speak of were made up of a very select few Orcs who belonged to the Shadow Council. They have the bodies of humans, which brings in both technical and racial difficulties.

Perhaps just stick to the 3rd gen we're allowed to play now? :3
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
Umm... I know we do. That's why I'm posting this, asking if it'd be alright, as well as how he'd work (kinda).

@ Pies.

I understand that. Unless it's been changed since the last time I was here, you're allowed to do a quest that alters your reputation with the opposing faction?

Before anyone else implies this: I understand how the original DKs were made, what they were, etc.

I'm just wondering if something that was uncommon like this would be allowed. Obviously some more thought is required as to how exactly it will be done, but this is the basic idea.
Well, I don't think Kretol is doing rep changes at the moment.

And as for the powers of the Death Knights. The ones from the second war are literally Necromancers on steroids. If you did get the green light to make one, I assume that you would have to write a VERY long storyline explaining his journey, etc.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
To quote the death knight article from our wiki:
Quote:Players are only able to claim that they are third generation death knights. Profiles bearing anything else will most likely result in immediate rejection.
And, from a recent post from a staff member, we get:
Quote:Living Deathknights are fine, but there can't be ones that aren't third Gen, meaning released from the Lich King's will at battle of Light's Hope, or whatever it was called.
As interesting an idea as it is, it seems extremely unlikely (impossible?) that anything other than a third generation death knight would be available to players.
Piroska Wrote:To quote the death knight article from our wiki:
Quote:Players are only able to claim that they are third generation death knights. Profiles bearing anything else will most likely result in immediate rejection.
And, from a recent post from a staff member, we get:
Quote:Living Deathknights are fine, but there can't be ones that aren't third Gen, meaning released from the Lich King's will at battle of Light's Hope, or whatever it was called.
As interesting an idea as it is, it seems extremely unlikely (impossible?) that anything other than a third generation death knight would be available to players.

Bah! Ah well, that's what I was wondering about. Thanks for the info, appreciate it before I got started on something that couldn't happen to begin with.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GM's and their "Favorites." Why this really isn't a big deal, and event making. Kage 19 3,587 03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Spiralin
  Making use of the custom phase portals Kretol 21 3,898 06-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate
  [DP] Bovel is making a another list! Bovel 5 1,458 06-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Potion making and you! - A guide to making potions dastmo 0 594 02-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Last Post: dastmo
  Making an account on the server 1 717 09-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Nostra