The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Making use of the custom phase portals
So! As folks may recall, I managed to alter the custom portal code to allow setting folks to specified phases. This will be immensely useful for events and the like.

Additionally, there have been some other ideas as well such as trying the whole "group base" thing again and testing conquest RP. Grak and I have been extremely hesitant in altering any existing towns or locations that contain NPCs, quests, etc. With the ability to use a separate phase, our reservations about altering places aren't nearly as notable.

Regarding group bases, it would probably be at a GM's convenience, as it does take a bit of work to alter places. And, depending on the process to 'sign up' for this sort of thing, it could create a bit of a queue anyway.

As far as conquest RP goes, there has been some debate concerning how it should be done; one opinion is that any conquest RP should essentially be 'forced' upon everyone in the normal phase so people wouldn't just RP like it never happened, and then have the option to go to the other phase if they need to for quests or the like. Another opinion is that the changes should be started in another phase so it constitutes less work (only having to alter the location in the other phase instead of phasing everything out from the main phase and then beginning work). I'll admit that I have the second opinion, as that was the main goal for integrating the phase selection for the portals. Furthermore, it could always be said that the 'server lore' version of events for that location is in phase [whatever]. On that note, having events in other phases means we could use locations as a certain "setting" instead of that actual location. For example, let's say we use the Crossroads as a setting for quilboar attack. We could either officially say "this setting is the Crossroads under siege!" or "this setting is another orcish outpost in the Barrens under attack by Quilboars!"

Anyway, what do you folks think?
I'd preferably have them not be able to large cities under attack. It's not like a hunting group of Quilboar is going to go attack Crossroads, or something. Sure, perhaps we could have some larger raids done by GMs, but I don't think what you said would be very realistic.
I don't think you understood the point; it was that either an actual location that we know it as would be the place for the event, or some unnamed place just using that setting would be the location. Like "instead of Crossroads this is just some other outpost in the Barrens."
I'd rather have it as some random outpost. At least, that's what I meant.
I had a long post made up. But the the forums were -stupid- and lost it because there were two other posts. I'm not typing that all up again.

Short vision of the post: 'Ew, conquest. Dislike'. But, if it's a must, make them random spots rather than actual cities.
Did someone say group bases?

Where do I sign up?

Anyway, I don't really think this changes a lot of things in conquest RP despite the possibility of minimizing work; The other issues Grakor pointed in an earlier thread I can't recall; That it was short-term gain and long-term loss, continue, don't they?
... I love conquest RP. So much. It's nice to RP skirmishes and the like in World of Warcraft. I'd like to go for the second option.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
(06-12-2011, 01:48 PM)Hawk Wrote: ... I love conquest RP. So much. It's nice to RP skirmishes and the like in World of Warcraft. I'd like to go for the second option.

I'd like the second option. That of "this setting is another orcish outpost in the Barrens under attack by Quilboars!".

Why? Because, the World of Azeroth, and Outland alike, are -way- bigger than what we can represent in-game. There are bound to be more places in it than that.

Fel, it could be used for everyday RP, such as a player's temporary house - for the time that they spend in it -, only without the NPCs present due to being in another phase. It'd be glorious, really, having a phasing system.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(06-12-2011, 02:02 PM)McKnighter Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 01:48 PM)Hawk Wrote: ... I love conquest RP. So much. It's nice to RP skirmishes and the like in World of Warcraft. I'd like to go for the second option.

(06-12-2011, 03:04 PM)Carver Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 02:02 PM)McKnighter Wrote:

Except, I think that the main phase should be affected. After all, I was one of the people who argued that with Kretol.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
I'd rather like it of the original phase was affected. In my opinion it's like a representation of what we as a server are, and what we stand for. What's more important, RP or grinding OOC? RP of course, so we should really mirror that by having conquest oriented RP be represented through the main server phase. If it was worked out like that, the base phase would be considered the RP phase, a certain one could be set for OOC stuff, and the others worked into phases for guilds and the like.

/2 cents

(From the phone, laying in bed. Nighty night!)
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I think the main phase should be affected when conquests happen and because of that, a secondary phase should be made and kept up-to-date for grinding, questing and possibly for conquest RP when it concerns random outposts (although I very much dislike that idea).
Okay, here's my share:

Well, yeah. Mostly everything the people said before me. The main phase -should- be changed due to it being the main RP phase of our server. Furthermore, when new people come to an 'elite roleplaying server', they should really see what we're made of, and thus - Do it.

Then, what everyone agreed on - The custom phases should be used as sections of other areas than specified by the world map.

A thing came to my mind on cat feet.
How about spiritual planes?
You know, a phase for dead characters?
That'd be awesome.
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
Maybe adding a poll would be beneficial.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Community Inquiry II: Custom Spell for Special Classes CappnRob 17 7,091 08-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  GM's and their "Favorites." Why this really isn't a big deal, and event making. Kage 19 3,587 03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Spiralin
  Custom Hunter Pets Bovel 0 840 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Bovel