The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Human speaking Orc or along those lines.
before anyone starts, yes, I know I'll be called a traitor, I know I might get killed. I just want to know what I can do to make it happen.

I've seen a friend use numbers to send messages in Orc, but that sounds too complicated for RP. Is there an Addon or something I can use?
Horde and Alliance can already see each other speak. Everyone speaks a universal language here.
oh.... good.
It's weird that you'd say that because orcs are at a tiny disadvantage here because they don't have a "private language". Everyone speaks Orcish/Common, but you may have seen people speaking Darnassian, which is the language of the night elves, Thalassian, the language of the blood elves, or any number of racial languages.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Well, neither do humans, really. But it's to enable the crossfaction speaking easily. From what I remember the undead have a hard time with the common, so hence the Orcish as well.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Yeah, I knew humans did as well, but I'm not complaining about the possibility. Without the language barrier being knocked down this -is- just horde vs. alliance RP.
Even though, there's an Addon called Tongues that lets you speak other languages. It can be too fiddly, so if you need help ask me. Try to find any of my characters online. <---
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
Skaar Wrote:Even though, there's an Addon called Tongues that lets you speak other languages. It can be too fiddly, so if you need help ask me. Try to find any of my characters online. <---
That doesn't -actually- allow you to speak the other languages, even though it seems like it does. Well... Let's say you're a Human. You can speak Darnassian with Tongues, and Night Elves can understand you, but if they speak Darnassian back to you, you won't be able to understand them.
You might want to check out Warcraft Languages 101 ;>
Terant Wrote:
Skaar Wrote:Even though, there's an Addon called Tongues that lets you speak other languages. It can be too fiddly, so if you need help ask me. Try to find any of my characters online. <---
That doesn't -actually- allow you to speak the other languages, even though it seems like it does. Well... Let's say you're a Human. You can speak Darnassian with Tongues, and Night Elves can understand you, but if they speak Darnassian back to you, you won't be able to understand them.

It's... actually the other way around. But there's a way to go around it, that's why I said it's too fiddly.
I've also heard people complain of problems using Tongues on this server, particularly cross-faction. I had a problem recently when a person of the opposite faction tried to speak one of the included custom languages. Even though we had the exact language file, it wasn't translating what we said properly. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the custom language that he was speaking would have normally been translated to Orcish in addition to the custom language due to the language barrier.

From my experience with Tongues, if you speak the custom Darnassian language that comes with it, the only people that will understand are people with that language file. So you can speak Tongue's Darnassian to a night elf and he wouldn't know what you were saying without the exact same custom language file on a similar add on (Lore is capable of using the same languages, though they are formatted in different ways, if I remember correctly).
well, that's cool, so basicly on this server, everyone can speak and understand Common, yes?
One of the requirements of Tongues is having it on both sides. And it is made not to be able to be spoken cross-faction, because the author doesn't want to break any Blizzard rules. GAISE, REED SUMTHIN.

And yes, Monfang, that is correct.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speaking out Aisha 43 5,661 04-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Dotsy
  Speaking of Reform. Nostra 24 3,440 05-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Speaking of those tusked fellas... Nostra 3 825 10-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Walrus