The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Songs and Liability
I've noticed a distinct lack of bards or other music loving characters.

If one were to make one (though they can be very annoying in certain situations, it's one of the things you have to know how to do without spamming chat) would it all have to be original works or would certain songs from real life bands be allowed?
One day we will be allowed to defy logic and reason with our characters.
One day rules will be no more.
One day chaos will reign supreme.
Know that on that day, Illidan and Akama's lovechild will be discovered.
Know that on that day it will be established that male draenei have better child bearing hips.

Gwen'tel: Draenei Paladin. Not too much special.
Rachel Ragefists: Four limbs of gnome flying at your face.
Tsara: It's best not to get into all the things this one is.
Anta: Someone needs a lozenge.
Natalia: A draenei bard with an instrument that doesn't exist for good reasons.
I think that it would be clever if you could manipulate current day songs/bands into parodies. I know I've done it once or twice with my own characters.

As for not many people playing bards, I think the reason is that music is something you actually need to hear, and it's difficult to blur that line between RPing and real life. I've always thought it would be clever if someone could use a ventrillo or somesuch to hold little mini-concerts of their characters performing songs, if one was as musically-inclined as their character.
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
Understandable. Blurring real life songs isn't too hard with some.

And that is mainly because a lot of songs carry odd beats. This is very prominent in self made poetry trying to be put into the game, if it doesn't have iambic pentameter.
Know that on that day it will be established that male draenei have better child bearing hips.

Bards are alot of fun... when you are about three players, anything else and singing just becomes a spam. I knew one back on Defias that used alot of real life music in his performances, like Greensleeves.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Heh, yeah. It really depends on how active those three people are. I've seen an entire room of quiet people before...and generally female bards get better reception. It's when people assert themselves into an RP in action and begin spamming a song they copied down on notepad that it turns into angry, angry spam.

I think what should be done, unless you have a sponcer or are reknown, is that people should simply be in the background of like a tavern. Sitting at a tavern and playing with premission of the owner. It won't be so much a concert as it is background music for all others, but simply the humble idea alone sounds like it'd be a lot of fun to me. If done right it wouldn't need to be spam, like 1 emote for the entire song or big points of the song. Though, singing could of course lead to spam sadly if people just hit up the lyrics, rather than just having pauses before hitting up a next line. Songs don't sound like:

"thisisasongiamsayingitallatoncelookatmego"

They have pauses and music often played in the gaps, but not always!
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
Jeff Wrote:I think what should be done, unless you have a sponcer or are reknown, is that people should simply be in the background of like a tavern. Sitting at a tavern and playing with premission of the owner. It won't be so much a concert as it is background music for all others, but simply the humble idea alone sounds like it'd be a lot of fun to me. If done right it wouldn't need to be spam, like 1 emote for the entire song or big points of the song. Though, singing could of course lead to spam sadly if people just hit up the lyrics, rather than just having pauses before hitting up a next line. Songs don't sound like:

"thisisasongiamsayingitallatoncelookatmego"

They have pauses and music often played in the gaps, but not always!

Great idea, I totally agree.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theme Songs(You know you have one) Khane 177 28,193 01-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Esthrunil
  Songs for the Battle vs the Lich King Monfang 5 1,055 04-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Last Post: warmonger
  Songs you think of when your see other Characters Hammerfall 67 9,233 11-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Last Post: IronTrooper