The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Particular classes
Ok, before you swoop on me and chew off my tongue and fingers, I say that I know that one has to wait to be grunt or overlord or whatever, and that some hard, long, sweaty, RPous work has to be done to get such things and so on...

BUT just for the mere sake of curiosity (and maybe for a remote future aim. And I underline remote!) ... where can I see which are the prestige classes I've heard about here, and what are their advantages, disadvantages, requirements, duties and so on? Is there a list or something like that? I didn't find it, so better to ask, i guess.

I mean, it could be interesting to create a character that, from his very beginning, desires to become a <insert prestige class name>. He/she may not become it because not worthy, because he/she may die before to reach his target, because he/she may change his/her mind, and so on... but to do so I would want to understand which of the "cool, specialized classes" from the warcraft lore are doable on this server, and which are not. :mrgreen:
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right Boo?"
Minsc
Here ya go!

Edit: Ah, and I'd like to add that the staff is currently working on templates that outline each classes advantages/disadvantages and all the other details mentioned in the OP. ^^
Oh thank you so much :mrgreen:
Minsc
Uuuh, read them! For how queer it may be to repost, I still do it.

So... from what I've seen, the various specialized totemic druids are not considered prestige classes, thus folks can start with a character which is Druid of the claw/talon/fang/whatever right from the beginning, without particular effort, other than the usual character biography and sheet et cetera, right? :o
Minsc
Baltaj Wrote:Uuuh, read them! For how queer it may be to repost, I still do it.

So... from what I've seen, the various specialized totemic druids are not considered prestige classes, thus folks can start with a character which is Druid of the claw/talon/fang/whatever right from the beginning, without particular effort, other than the usual character biography and sheet et cetera, right? :o

Mmmmhm! The way it's seen here is that a Druid of the Claw/Talon/Fang is simply a Druid who prefers that animal form over the others.

Edit: But remember this is nothing but a title.

However, if you'd like, you can always propose to make a prestige class that is based around that same idea!
Nexi Wrote:Mmmmhm! The way it's seen here is that a Druid of the Claw/Talon/Fang is simply a Druid who prefers that animal form over the others.

Edit: But remember this is nothing but a title.

However, if you'd like, you can always propose to make a prestige class that is based around that same idea!
I'd be a little wary with how you use totemic druids when making a profile. I vaguely remember that Krilari's profile for Taelos received some scrutiny when it was first posted because he claimed to be a Druid of the Talon. The thread's been moved to GM-land so I can't reference it, but at least one person commented on that and was worried that it might indicate a stronger druid than is available in-game. It was eventually accepted, but he had to change something about being a Druid of the Talon (can't remember what specifically, sorry!).

My gut feeling is that choosing a totem is fine as long as it doesn't inherently imbue a character with more strength than other characters.

Editty-edit: Just spoke to Kril. The concern was with how he acquired the ability to become a Druid of the Talon.
teege Wrote:
Baltaj Wrote:For how queer it may be to repost, I still do it.

I'm assuming that "queer" wasn't used in a disparaging or offensive manner as it typically is, right? It's a pet peeve of mine plus there's a host of other words that could be used to better articulate your message.

I'm pretty sure he meant queer to mean weird. Which is the original meaning of the word, from what I understand.
The first and proper meaning of the word "Queer" is strange or weird...it wasn't used out of context.
Quote:queer
   /kwɪər/ Show Spelled [kweer] Show IPA adjective,-er, -est, verb, noun
–adjective
  1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.
  2. of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady: Something queer about the language of the prospectus kept investors away.
  3. not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish: to feel queer.
  4. mentally unbalanced or deranged.
Ding, ding, ding, Anilo. That and the original poster is Italian; I doubt that Baltaj even meant anything offensive about it. I mean, you can derive the meaning of the word just from context alone.
Nice thread derail. Hehe.
Gonna just throw this out here guys.

One person said, "This is what it means," we don't need all of you telling him. Then it appears to be a bit sarcastic and rude, which ain't very nice.

So. Stop.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I'm having it removed but just to state... I see and hear things like "It'd be gay if I have to do this all over again" etc. all the time (I could come up with thousands of these), but if you notice my quote, I assumed it wasn't used out of context, not accusing him of using it out of context... just so nobody's blood pressure increases to the point of a heart attack. With that said I'd like this portion of the thread to cease as per this rule so please abide by it. Carry on CoTHers, nothing to see here.

Edit: And as Cressy stated, certain replies are not needed so check this one out too.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
Oh goodness, what happened here?

Of course with "queer" I meant "weird" . I fail to catch any possible connection between posting a second time and some alternative sexual alignment. XD

Sorry if I used a bad word, I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I simply have the habit, in Italian, in English or in Any other language I may ever speak, to use words for their primary and original meaning. So... If I say "Queer" I mean "Odd". If I say "Gay", most probably I mean "Joyful". :mrgreen:

Anyway, To go back in topic... I didn't mean to have some bonuses or advantages by being some totemic druid. I considered it just a peculiarity to give more... how can I say? Flavour? to a Character. 8)
Minsc
Baltaj Wrote:Anyway, To go back in topic... I didn't mean to have some bonuses or advantages by being some totemic druid. I considered it just a peculiarity to give more... how can I say? Flavour? to a Character. 8)

I found picking Taelos' path quite useful once his profile was accepted. Considering most followings have a certian regalia. Picking Druid of the Talon pre-rolling made it easy to pick out an effective Outfit.

Also by picking a certian sect (I guess is what it would be), your character could pick a certian diety to follow. As for druids of the Talon they generally follow a demi-god messanger for Elune (I don't remmeber the demi-gods name off the top of my head)
Silly, Kril! I believe that the name you want is Aviana. She's the primary patron of the Druids of the Talon and serves as the messenger of Elune (and occasional spy, I believe).

In stark contrast to Kril's character, my Emese hasn't quite discovered which totem she leans towards. The all-encompassing Druid of the Wild suits her for the time being, since it allows her to experiment and try to find her strengths. She'll probably end up being a Druid of the Claw, but exploring the possibilities under Kril's character has been very interesting.

That may be something else you could consider when creating your character. The evolution of your character as he/she/it selects a totem could be fun to roleplay.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community Inquiry II: Custom Spell for Special Classes CappnRob 17 7,091 08-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Variant classes? Kenert 8 1,336 05-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Grakor456
  uwnt2bsnowflk?: A How to on Classes and Professions Cressy 13 2,525 09-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Cressy
  An issue of competency among classes ImagenAshyun 12 2,803 07-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  How do we feel about variant classes? Kaghuros 8 1,730 07-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros