The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

More Northrend Roleplay!
I believe that Northrend could really benefit from roleplay.
Do you agree? Discuss.
[Image: 124dk.jpg]
Of course, but it's kind of silly to go to a high level place when the max for a char that wasn't approved is 50. Booty Bay is kind of accessible to everyone because the mobs are level 40.
Asdafaffle Wrote:Of course, but it's kind of silly to go to a high level place when the max for a char that wasn't approved is 50. Booty Bay is kind of accessible to everyone because the mobs are level 40.

This. Northrend -does- have potential for roleplay, but in order for people to go to it, someone's got to start something. No one wants to go there and just hope that other people do, really.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I believe Northrend has some of the best places to roleplay honestly, but as it was stated before it is hard for the newer players to get there.

I know once I get grunthood and my character approved, I will be trying to roleplay there more. The landscape is beautifully done and it is a shame to see it wither away.
I'm -considering- now leading an expedition to Northrend with my miner dwarf. If anyone's interested, please tell :D
I think it's safe to say that I believe that Northrend needs more RP.

And people, DO NOT use level restrictions as an excuse. It's pretty much a fact that there are hardly ANY enemies around the paths of Northrend, so travelling to other places is entirely plausible. I've RPed with people under level 50 in Northrend PLENTY of times, and they haven't died once due to OOC creeps. That's because I keep out of the areas with the nasty cretins. Not that hard.

However, raising awareness of Northrend as an RP spot is quite hard, what with people more comfortable with RP in Booty Bay and whatnot. Broaden your horizons, people! Northrend is a beautiful place, and RP there is entirely possible. I'm sorry, but whenever I log on, I'm tired of seeing the /who list FILLED with people in Stranglethorn Vale - most of these people are level 80s anyway.

Now, after my exams are finished, I will begin planning a Northrend event, more than likely lead by my Dwarven Paladin, Lenedus.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
Well said Pies, perhaps a problem could be accessibility? I imagine many people who haven't played Retail do not know how to travel to Northrend... and it really is annoying to get to the Howling Fjord as Alliance, you gotta go to Menethil... yar.
"It's always do Gnomes have a vibration setting... what about Goblins, huh? huh?!"
I'm working on launching a Northrend based guild focused on pillaging and wanton slaughter, if that makes anyone feel better. I had my character's profile finished...but...eh...check shoutbox.
As I am new to this server, I am wondering why is it so that you apply for gruntship and after that get to level 80 straight away?
why not allow players go all the way from level 1 to 80?
Waaagh!
-----------------------
[Image: portal_337792.gif]
Ho ho hooo, Mon ami, I am a french axe. It's my job to -cut- to the chase.
You need to have that particular character approved aswell, I guess it's to prevent people from just ticketing Demon Hunter Glaives and bla bla, and well... it's also a way to make people want to make profiles.
"It's always do Gnomes have a vibration setting... what about Goblins, huh? huh?!"
Northrend needs one thing more than any other region for RP: an objective. Unlike Booty Bay, nobody would go to Northrend to relax and hang out. To make Northrend RP happen, we need to create a plot that leads people into Northrend.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you deal with Roleplay ruts? KomodoTheCashew 10 3,948 09-23-2014, 02:44 AM
Last Post: cartoonkarl
  Roleplay and adult themes DanFernandez 34 7,747 06-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Your Favorite Character [To Roleplay] Xigo 47 8,521 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Children of the Earthmother - A guide to tauren roleplay (incomplete) ghaskan 7 4,965 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Your Level Affecting Your Roleplay Spiralin 20 3,562 02-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Spiralin