The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Steel Token
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,

I present, for your consideration, an idea of another token -- one that would either be acquired along with the silver tokens, or available for purchase: the steel token. The steel token (steel being a basis of industry in the industrial revolution) would be a token that would be used to request tradeskill levelups. It would remain the responsibility of the player to learn the various recipes associated with the skill, but the Steel Token would provide the player with a capped trade skill, 450/450.

Thank you for your consideration.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
I -think- the problem with that is that we lack the commands to level up any and all skills. That'd require Kretol to edit parts of the database by hand, and I'm not even sure if he's attempted to do that before.

Like, for items and leveling, we have .char additem or .char level commands, but nothing involving skills, sadly.

Edit: And that'd be a lot of work for one guy to do. If everyone does about two or three tokens, that'd probably be about 80+ edits, considering our peak, ammount of player characters, and the times people are on.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I thought it might be worth a try. Alas! I thought I remembered a command to set the current skill level in a given skill filed under ".modify", but it's been a long time since I've worked with a server.

Thank you for the reply!
That's usually for like, I think factions, scaling, speed... and that's about it. Factions go off of a different thing, too. And maybe leveling? I don't remember.

But yeah, I know we don't have that sort of stuff... or we'd play around with it too, and open it up so it's available to players.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Well, I'll hold out hope then for if/when the server switches to Trinity core rather than ArcEmu.
Definately! If we're able to then, we'll see if we can implement it. I'd love to see that.

We'd probably limit it to people who can attain it.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

According to the ArcEmu wiki, there are a number of typed commands that deal with skills. I'm guessing that this runs the gamut from weapon skills to trade skills (there's a specific increaseweaponskill command), but I could be very wrong!

getskillinfo
  • Access: m
    Description: Gets all the skills from a player
    Usage: .character getskillinfo

learnskill
    Description: Learns skill id skillid
    Usage: .character learnskill <skill id> [<value>] [<max value>]

advanceskill
    Description: Advances skill by amount
    Usage: .character advanceskill <skill id> <amount to advance>

removeskill
    Description: Removes skill
    Usage: .character removeskill <skill id>

It would be wonderful if something similar to Rent's idea could be applied. I know inscription, in particular, was physically impossible to raise beyond a specific point as of last patch. I haven't tried to see if this was fixed when 3.3.3 was released. It would be nice to be able to make glyphs (rather than rely on buying costly stacks from the temperamental Auction House) and also pursue it in a roleplaying sense.

I've never served as a staff member on an World of Warcraft server, but I assume there's a way to use dot-commands independent of using a program, right? I've only ever GMed Ultima Online servers, so I'm not certain.

Edit: List of SkillIDs! Looks like it includes languages, weaponskills, and trade skills, among other things. Languages were be interesting to pursue as well.
Ahh! Then perhaps there is a way.

I'll escalate this call to my supervi---

Erm. I'll ask Kretol.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

From speaking with other staff members I know that you guys rely on a third-party program to do your work within the game to make it much easier than typing out the commands (can't remember offhand what it's called); if it's like the one I used on The Alter Realm, it probably doesn't allow you to do every command within the game. If you are ever interested in seeing a list of all of the commands, this may be of help to you. It includes a list of (most? all?) the dot-commands and even examples of their use (which is always beneficial!).

The article also links to this command list, which may be more complete.

It might be fun to look through the list and see what can be done. As I noted before, being able to fiddle around further with the languages might be really interesting (assuming that changing the language skill level actually changes a player's ability to speak and understand a language. I'm not sure how the visual representation of the language skill bar works since Blizzard never implemented language learning within the game; there may be no underlying foundation).

The .npc npcfollow command makes me giggle. I can envision a horde of NPCs trailing after a staff member.
I'm all for this. But we call them 'Professional Tokens'. If only because we here at CotH are rather fancy people. And professionalism, last I checked, is -pretty damn fancy-.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Some of us use the addon, but most of us type stuff out. I'm oldschool, so I type it out.

Edit: Also, the only one of us to have every command is Kretol. Not going to lie---some of use couldn't handle having all the commands. We'd go overkill on stuff, heh.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I don't know...

In a way, this makes the requirement for Witch Doctor kind of cheap. :(
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
I am The Argent Dawn - Play Free Online Games
Nobody says you have to use the tokens, however. That being said, we don't know if the tokens themselves would be given away yet, or if they'd cost x amount of gold. I can see that they could be put to good use for gear that requires a profession level, or for being able to manufacture RP gear without having to spend well over the 2000 you get when you're leveled to 80.

I remember those days on Babs, with enchanting. /sob
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
Might help with the player economy idea, too. People who don't wanna spend forever in Alterac grinding skills up...Could be of help when someone is willing to use their ooc money to make items and sell them for IC money....Dunno

-Michael
-Michael

WTF is up with this? ^
I don't really see the point of this, you can easily get your proffesions to 450 in a day of two using a proper guide with loosing perhaps only 500g.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheaper Token Ural 79 11,997 07-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Ashen Verdict Rep Token Jonoth 0 1,206 04-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Jonoth