The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cheaper Token
I've had this idea for a long time and now that we have an awesome new component, I feel if I can share it without it being a burden to the staff.

Can we have a cheaper token option to get to level 20?
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Otherwise known as the Vee token... I'm a poor old boy.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Not trying to be rude, but doesn't that just seem pointless? It's already easy to hit 20 from questing. Maybe a token that increases exp gain might make some sense. But barely.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Clovis makes a good point... I don't know. I'm on the fence with this one.
While I don't have a problem with token prices for use on alts, I do feel they alienate newbies some. 300 gold is chump change if you have an 80 who can spend 30 minutes on some Argent Crusade dailies, but when your only character can only level to 50, it's a pipe dream.

Not sure how to work around that, though. Maybe every account that isn't a dupe (ie CappnRob2) gets a single free level 50 ding? I dunno.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I was actually looking to see what classes gained what by level 20, as I thought some armor proficiency or weapon would be usable by this point, but it doesn't seem like much is actually available.

I'm of the opinion that the current token system allows for you to get all armor proficiencies, as well as weapons, -without- having an approved profile. Along with this fact there's also the point that could be made that when we spawn armor, it is -not- associated with a level, meaning we can wear any armor at any level, and with the bump to 50 we can wear plate, too.

What does this mean? That getting a profile approved has very few rewards that are actually relevant to RP. I personally don't bother with training my characters, and the gold they receive ends up going towards those tokens, so I can level up characters that I have no intention of making profiles for any time soon because of how difficult it seems to get things approved.

Honestly... I think the system needs to be looked at a bit. If it wasn't for requiring one approved profile and needing gruntship, we wouldn't need profiles for anything other than to say we had one.

Edit: Reworded some things, I was getting redundant!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Clovis makes a valid point. I've heard it many times it's one of the reasons I've never shared my thoughts.

This suggestion is mainly to help lowbies from getting one-shotted.

Why not make the armour proficiency and the forms from the Druid not require level instead? Along with whatever else is there, of course.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
(04-20-2012, 09:12 AM)Sorum Wrote: Why not make the armour proficiency and the forms from the Druid not require level instead? Along with whatever else is there, of course.

Because getting to level 50 is already like that anyways. I mean, that would make profiles -even more- pointless.

I mean, sure you're sharing "Stories" about your character, but you could do IC posts instead to supliment for that.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

A bit OT Rensin but I agree with you somewhat. While armour proficiency is not the thing to choose, and most people don't use places packed with high level mobs.

There isn't really anything that you can feasably take away... the .addrp system? That's too extreme.

Someone who has more time could come up with something better.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Well, even if the .add rp still required a level for the armor, but had no other stats... that'd be optimal. Don't know if that's an option that's available though, since that sounds to me like something that would be in the code.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I am suggesting a cheaper alternative to a system already in place. Personally I dislike farming and all my alts could chill at 20. I'd be fine with that.

Game mechanics aside, does anyone else get a sense of accomplishment when they pour their soul into a profile?

From the perspective of an individual that recently started fresh upon returning, I didn't find it too difficult to either level or acquire the gold for bronze tokens. Quest returns were good and I think that I remember thinking that the amount dropped from mobs (humanoid in particular) were higher than retail.

That said, I enjoy leveling and I do it well, so that may very well be skewing my perspective.
(04-20-2012, 09:24 AM)Ural Wrote: I am suggesting a cheaper alternative to a system already in place. Personally I dislike farming and all my alts could chill at 20. I'd be fine with that.

Game mechanics aside, does anyone else get a sense of accomplishment when they pour their soul into a profile?

Personally? Not always. I felt they had a purpose, really, and that was to get to level 80 for RP armor and weapons.

I feel that way about Storylines and IC posts, however. Character profiles are a brief synopsis of my character, that describes in brief detail how they act, and what they've done, most of which up to the point of me RPing them... isn't much.

However, the meat of my characters lies in what I make in IC posts and storylines. That's what gives them a soul, rather than a synopsis.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

... Maybe, something of a compromise between a cheaper, level 20 token and the current level 50 token, is a cheaper level 50 token?

Just a thought.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ashen Verdict Rep Token Jonoth 0 1,206 04-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Steel Token rentreality 19 3,082 06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Cressy