The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

An in character portal
I think one of the reasons personally, that Strom sort of died, was because it's such an out of the way place in character. Not many people are willing to travel up through the Dwarven lands, then the wetlands, and then up to Strom, since there's a LOT of stuff from point A to point B that just doesn't make it all that viable. Dark Irons, Orcs, Dragons, giant beasts, and the like. I think that if there was an actual in character portal from Stormwind to Strom, and vice versa, then people might be a bit more likely to RP there. Maybe spawn a few mages surrounding the portal with casting animations going, and all that jazz, and make it actually possible to have a way for people to get to Strom in a timely fashion.

I really do think that it's likely the two remaining human kingdoms would want constant communication with one another, and make it so that if either is attacked, the other kingdom will be there in a moment's notice. Trade would flourish between the two cities, and Strom wouldn't be an island in a land of hostilities any more. It would be as much a part of the Alliance as -any- other capital city.

My two cents.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Actually, getting there is not as difficult as you said. There is a portal to Stromgarde in Shattrath. All it takes is going through the Shat portal in one of the major cities/OOC spots and then you will find the Stromgarde portal next to A'dal.
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god." - Beilby Porteus
On a further note, if you need an IC reason to get there (other than the portal) because your character couldn't travel through Dwarven Lands - the Academy of Magic opened a small portal in the Dalaran sect of Stromgarde that connects to the Mage's Tower in the Magic District of Stormwind.

The portal was established by an Archmage during the Arathi Wars. (Though there isn't actually a placed one that you can take OOCly. You'll have to use the portal in Shattrath.)
Also... it's very, very, -very- difficult to make a "consistant" IC portal. Making one in the first place drains the mage, making it hard for them to do much else until they can get a good meal, and something to drink.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

To Torn: I mean getting there in character, not OOC.

At Darkneon: That's pretty much what I was thinking, however, I didn't know that there was already one in character. I suppose actually having the portal in Stormwind and Strom there instead of Shattrath would make that a bit more... Commonly known.

At Rensin: That being said, that conflicts with Darkneon's post, so... I don't really know which to go by, but I suppose you being a GM and all, might know more about that sort of thing (not trying to nock you or anything Dark :wink: )
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Orb of translocation? Such as in the mage tower? I don't know how one would edit the location it takes you to though...
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uninstanced Zul'Aman OOC Portal Aphetoros 1 1,028 01-02-2015, 01:46 AM
Last Post: ThePharaoh
  Portal Trainer? Maarten 9 1,740 11-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Tol Barad OOC Portal Thoradin 2 893 08-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Blackrock OOC portal ProjectRandom 5 1,252 08-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Edgar
  An RP Area needs OOC Portal MstrCorvus 3 1,067 06-29-2013, 11:10 AM