The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ingame mechanics+Roleplay Mechanics=?
There are quiet a few things that are usually never mixed.

If you grabbed the [item]Ashbringer[/item] off it's respective NPC, I doubt people will take kindly to you running around with the weapon in your hand, let alone stating that it's yours as of right.

But when your character summons forth a [spell]Shadow bolt[/spell], even if it is In Character. Many consider it so. Even if you do it visually, say through a duel. So here is something I have always wanted to ask others...

What ingame mechanics work great for roleplays? (Such as, using blink to escape being cornered, leaving your character weak.), What would their effects be? And what are, according to you, if not the latter, the ultimate taboos of mixing the two factors.
Dulche et decorum est.Pro patria muori.

[Image: awawwaw.gif]

Only in death...
I'm not really sure what the issue is here, but I'm going to go ahead and answer best I can.

Using in-game mechanics to 'spice up the roleplay' visually is up to each and every player, as long as it doesn't somehow interfere with the actual roleplay (I.E. Shadowbolting a player to in-game death right in the middle of a text-battle). However, when you wish to use in-game offensive spells and attacks for the visual effects, you will have to speak with the other players involved and work out something that suits you all. You will have to be ready for some rejection though, as personally I believe alot of the people out there (me included) would rather put more effort and thought into the text-emotes, than having to deal with text-emotes and creating some sort of visual effect. Because more likely than not, your typing will suffer to an extent since you will have two 'areas' to focus on. Divided attention, in other words.

My two cents; hope it somehow answers your question(s)!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you deal with Roleplay ruts? KomodoTheCashew 10 3,948 09-23-2014, 02:44 AM
Last Post: cartoonkarl
  Roleplay and adult themes DanFernandez 34 7,747 06-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Your Favorite Character [To Roleplay] Xigo 47 8,521 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Children of the Earthmother - A guide to tauren roleplay (incomplete) ghaskan 7 4,965 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Your Level Affecting Your Roleplay Spiralin 20 3,562 02-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Spiralin