The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: What to do with the sheep?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lead it back (stay)
93.75%
15 93.75%
Let it cross the road (leave)
6.25%
1 6.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Welcome in the community?
I figured this post would go in here, it's not exactly a absence nor is it something entirely away from the game. This post may contain drama, oversensitiveness and what not. Just a heads up.

Right, ever since I killed my favourite character Arlaina (aka Ellyn) Suicide thread , and took my absence shortly after (on Thursday Jan 21), I've found a severe problem with getting back into the community. I've been trying to make myself more of use to this community, trying to be nicer, but frankly, it's meaningless apparently.

I figured this community is mature enough to handle a question like this, so I'll simply throw it out:

Do you guys even want me part of this community?

I've received several (perhaps unmeant) hints that the answer longs to a blatant "No", and instead of trying to be part of a community where people simply ignore and silently reject, I rather wish to get told. I won't rage quit about it, I won't cause more drama, I'll simply press the red box with the white X in it at the top of my browser.

A few examples leading me to the believe that only a very little amount of people want me here:

1. Stating a simple "hello" in chat upon entrance, this has been going on for the last two weeks, and probably longer. I state my entrance, I get ignored. The person after me gets replied to, and even the person after that. Which is frankly, rude.

2. Announcing my return, ended in dead silence where nobody obviously cared to state "Welcome back!" Absence thread

3. Requesting for more feedback is also eerily and silently ignored. Feedback thread

Frankly, it's frustrating, upsetting and even hurting me. I can count the people that seemingly care about me on one hand, while this community has and is still growing in numbers. I've found very little RP, and due to all of this very little motivation to mix myself into any further RP or events. The Commoner's Party raised my hopes up, but admittedly the main person running it is also enjoying other RPs now. (Which I do not blame him for) To me, it feels like everything around here changed, that the friends I made are gone, and all in all, I feel community-less. Whenever I see groups nowadays, I'm either not opening my mouth or don't have the guts to open it, seeing I am afraid I'll just be ignored and shooed away.

Don't get me wrong, I love this server, I love Roleplaying, but yes, the community is upsetting me greatly. I'm feeling like some lonely sheep far away from it's herd, wondering whether to cross the road and go towards a new meadow or wait till some shepherd notices me and calls me back. Heck, I've even added a poll for those that got a opinion but don't want to (or feel bad) about writing it. And please, do not call this overreacting, if I was, this would have been a rage quit. This right here, is simply me wanting a answer out of you CotH'ers. I've slept a night over this post, I've written it down ten times in my head, so like it or not, I'm asking the question.
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Naww, man. You're a nice fella, stay with us.

But don't expect many nice words from me. I'm a man of few words.

Lol you're kewl.
Hello Aruen. My name is Rikhard, and I'm not sure If we've been properly introduced.
It pains me to see that you're having a hard time fitting in.. And I, for one, feel somewhat responsible for this, as I was unaware of this. I think that It's the community's obligation to welcome you into their arms. For good or for worse, you're a member of this graceful community. Do not be fooled.

I voted 'Stay' because, quite frankly, It pains me to see players leave. Especially one with a taste for roleplay, I might add. The way I see the CotH community is like a big family, where everyone supports each other;
And even though one or two brothers or sisters might have to move away for some time, they should not be forgotten, but instead cherished and loved and awaited for their return.

In conclusion, I hope that people wake up from this 'coma' of ignorance and talk to you once more.
Note: I don't think that It was because your character committed suicide. I think It might be because of the absence.
[Image: 124dk.jpg]
On a more serious post..

Some of us just get sort of "ignored".
Take me, for example. My absence post was noted by one person, and my "HAIA GUISE IMA BACK!" post.. thing.. was utterly forgotten and ignored and burnt and trampled on.
I blame myself, really. I'm not a flashy person. People tend to forget me when I'm not around.
But that's beside the point!
Maybe your friends (Me, foo'!) are somewhat tired and happen to miss your posts, maybe some of us don't know you, maybe some of us are just plain "Meh!".

But if you happen to be a flashy fellow, who everyone remembers, then you'll get noticed.
It's like celebrities and that sort, y'know.

Yeah, that didn't help much..

Edit: Trying to get serious, really..
I think that, unfortunately, you are imagining slight where none is intended. I know that I personally enjoy having you around, even though we haven't had the opportunity to interact with one another during roleplay.

It's important to keep in mind that a community, particularly one that is online, is going to change and evolve with time. The people that we knew when we first started aren't going to necessarily be the ones that are around six months from now. As older members lose interest (or find new interests) and new people join, there will be a shift in the feel of the community and even our focuses and goals. This is natural; it's part of life!

I know from discussions with you that you're not overly fond of cliches or platitudes, but I hope that it counts that I like having you around and appreciate the help that you've provided in recent weeks. You've worked on the wiki, helped organize events, and even spent a considerable amount of time farming dungeons to help populate the Auction House. Your efforts don't go unnoticed, even though we may not always vocalize how thankful we are!
Wolohoo Wrote:On a more serious post..

Take me, for example. My absence post was noted by one person, and my "HAIA GUISE IMA BACK!" post.. thing.. was utterly forgotten and ignored and burnt and trampled on.

Also, on that note.. http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/forum/...15&t=17536
I'm still waiting for a welcome back. :P
[Image: 124dk.jpg]
Rikhard Wrote:
Wolohoo Wrote:On a more serious post..

Also, on that note.. http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/forum/...15&t=17536
I'm still waiting for a welcome back. :P

And here we have Rikhard proving the fact that some of the welcome back posts are ignored.
But then again, whenever I see one, I tend to think "Ooh, fancy that! He/she/it 's back!" and move on.
Owch, looks like quiet a dillema, hope things ease out!
Dulche et decorum est.Pro patria muori.

[Image: awawwaw.gif]

Only in death...
Strip poker behind the Gurubashi wall, Aruenkins.

Need I say more?

*nod*

Unpack your stuff and get back to RP.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
And that is the thing...

Even I have issues trying to get in the community. Though you think yours is obvious...Have you checked out mine?

Just shrug it off and get back to RP. :B It is what I do.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Piroska Wrote:farming dungeons to help populate the Auction House

OMG THAT WAS YOU?

<333

My alts benefited much from this!!!! I haven't really logged in in recent days but...if I was I would RP with you!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Let me tell you something that I have to tell myself every day, and sometimes I still don't believe it:

It's all inside your head, man.
Pain is an illusion.
My questions and helloes get ignored all the time. Doesn't upset me.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Heh, i've been off the server and said goodbye now 2 times, and i guess no one cared much =/. But yeah, just don't give it too much importance... I also say Hello and get ignored in chat, or ask if there's any RP going on and get ignored as well. So just don't feel bad, everyone is ignored by anyone at some point.
[Image: retradrak.png]
"May the eternal light of the Sun shine down upon you..." -Drakmian Ishnar Lightbound

[Image: mcvries.png]
"Say that again, and have a Shadowflame bolt encrusted in your face." -Peter McVries

Give the world the best that you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. :D
Let me get one thing straight... you are a freaking champion. You helped me out so much with just a few things when it came to getting the Commoner's Party back up and running, and you know what, thank you so much.

I am really sorry for having ignored you when I have before. You don't deserve it and you do deserve more RP and attention, though, I am not saying that to boost ego or anything, I am saying it because you are a good person and a good friend. I really apologize if I have hurt your feelings in anyway, man, and I don't plan on it further. Keep on going, because you are a boss.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community Inquiry II: Custom Spell for Special Classes CappnRob 17 7,091 08-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Community Inquiry: Forsaken Role Play and its future on CotH CappnRob 22 5,056 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  My community Kirabo 2 997 06-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Altaine
  [CotH-aluation] The Community Loxmardin 18 4,748 04-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Last Post: KomodoTheCashew
  Why I love the community... HazelTheNut 6 1,505 07-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Vladdy