The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Do you enjoy raiding? Would you raid on the server if had the chance?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I enjoy and would raid If I had the chance.
41.94%
13 41.94%
Yes, I enjoy but wouldn't raid If I had the chance.
12.90%
4 12.90%
No, I don't enjoy but I would raid If I had the chance.
9.68%
3 9.68%
No, I don't enjoy and wouldn't raid If I had the chance.
35.48%
11 35.48%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Raids on Conquest of the Horde?
Just out of curiosity, are players interested in raiding OOC for items or for fun?
Let it be known what you think! Be sure to tell 'Why' for any of the options. :) !
[Image: 124dk.jpg]
I enjoy raids personally, though it's a bummer at times that the raids aren't scripted and working as they should be :)

Regardless, I've done dungeons tons of times, just never a real 10/25/x amount of number raid. ^^ Always has me wishing I was 80 on retail to do those.
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Heh! Exactly! :)
Even though some of the instances are not 100% scripted, I think that, after narrowing down to some that work and whatnot, It'd be possible to form a group and arrange a meeting place to raid. Players would be able to have fun and get certain items that might interest them.
[Image: 124dk.jpg]
I enjoy them, and they are a welcome break in the RP from time to time.

Moreover, who is to say you can't RP during a raid? I mean, its gonna be quite a rare event anyway so you could set up a system where the first players to actually finish the raid are the one that, in terms of lore, actually did do that raid. Such as the illidan one. Would give the characters involved a serious thing to do with lore that they -could- put their names to. Just a thaught. :)
Miah Wrote:I enjoy them, and they are a welcome break in the RP from time to time.

Moreover, who is to say you can't RP during a raid? I mean, its gonna be quite a rare event anyway so you could set up a system where the first players to actually finish the raid are the one that, in terms of lore, actually did do that raid. Such as the illidan one. Would give the characters involved a serious thing to do with lore that they -could- put their names to. Just a thaught. :)
Raiding while IC sounds excellent. Although I do see a problem with it... Say a raiding party takes down Illidan and one of the members gets [The Twin Blades of Azzinoth]. Which is cool and stuff at first, with that group being the first on the server to take down Illidan and go down in server lore as the bad dudes who gone done it. Now let's say a different group of bad dudes comes in and kills Illidan, and one of its members also get [The Twin Blades of Azzinoth]. Now you've got two shmucks running around with two sets lore-heavy weaponry when there should only be one. Lore-wise, how would this be explained?

Of course if we take out the Legendary items from the looting table altogether, we might be able to avoid this problem. Bugger me if I know.
I enjoy raiding, but on retail its near impossible to get started (LFM TOC LINK GS 5.5k and ACHIEVE!...) and i wouldn't want to ooc raid on this server, for the fact that the encounters are likely not scripted...

i'll still farm AQ mind.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

If you did an IC raid on Illidan, GM's would probably be watching, let alone may interfere. If it was at all possible to kill Illidan and get his twin blades, then the GM's, if they even said it was cool, would remove Illidan.
It's sort of against the rules to use lore/legendary weapons or kill huge OP lore-characters IC.
OOC raids? That's a cool idea. IC raids in places like Black Temple? Noooooo.
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god." - Beilby Porteus
No, I do not think it is a good idea. While not EVERYTHING is done ICly, it is really not worth it. Half the time the group will be badly geared or simply lazy, or not even large enough. You will spend hours trying to clear the entire instance, and in that time you could have gotten MUCH better gear, much more cash and alot more levels.

Many of these people are just doing it for the gold ,after all...and I personally have had it with people I've never talked to randomly asking me to raid places.
Dulche et decorum est.Pro patria muori.

[Image: awawwaw.gif]

Only in death...
Torn Wrote:It's sort of against the rules to use lore/legendary weapons or kill huge OP lore-characters IC.
OOC raids? That's a cool idea. IC raids in places like Black Temple? Noooooo.
Of course we could always use the excuse Blizzard used for Thermaplugg/Zalazane in which they faked death in some form or fashion. Highly unlikely and probably way too much work, on top of the fact that the raids aren't likely to be scripted, but... hey, just throwin' it out there. Major corners would have to be cut in order for IC raids to work, but it's possible. For example (Illidan again, just for consistency) a group of bad dudes takes down Illidan, patting themselves on the back and calling it a day, teleport out of the instance, and then Illidan sends the player a letter stating that he is, in fact, still alive.

...but in the end this probably won't fly anyway. I'll stop pulling examples out of my butt now.
Well no thats my point ^^ If a group has took the time and effort to IC organise an entire raid group, and by some miracle is sucsessfull and can complete the raid with proof for a GM ( such as a screenshot) then the first to do it would be the ONLY people IC who can have killed, say, Illidan, anyone raiding him after that would have to do so OOC. I mean its gonna be pretty rare for a Raid to be sucsessfull here, and it could be like something that the players aspire to, going down in CotH lore and history as part of the group that changed Azeroth ^^
Raiding or doing dungeons Icly is forbidden, with good reasons because rading such a place realisticly would take an entire army not just a bunch of OP adventures. It would be godmoding.

Your however free to organize OOC events to raid them.
A better reason to be against this.
Dulche et decorum est.Pro patria muori.

[Image: awawwaw.gif]

Only in death...
*shrug* Just trying to look for solutions rather than simply saying it's not possible. To be frank, everything except the warrior class in this game is Kinda an overpowered version of reality, i think 25 people with magic and "the light" and such would stick a chance. And would be great fun to RP. Maybe there is a way to get round it such as, your raid group is only a small amount of the actuall nameless group that is taking down the raid?

Im not trying to object for objections sake, I just hate to stifle a RP oppertunity if there is any way to get around the problems presented.
Raiding on retail is a very fun experience...and I think if it wasn't scripted it just wouldn't be the same X)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conquest Map Diethe 7 1,960 10-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Thoradin
  The Horde and the Alliance Wuvvums 14 2,210 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Alliance vs. Horde? highwayunicorn 5 1,659 06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: kirilldun
  IC raids/dungeons. (A suggestion) Adam255 7 1,487 05-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Nostra
  Bringing back Horde RP Wuvvums 7 1,788 05-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Jurkey