The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Going undead?
I was wondering...
If I'd want to RP a human and then later get him killed and turned into an undead, would it be possible?
I'd like the stats and gear to stay the same, also the name. Else I could just make a new char with a different name and start over, but that's not really the same!

In short: Is it possible to turn a human into undead while keeping the starts,inventory,name?
No, not unless you had a Necromancer raise you with, well, Necromancy.
How do the Forsaken come then?
I don't think there's a necromancer who keeps mass-raising people...
Well, you seem to be misunderstanding the lore. Forsaken are all creations of the Lich King, but were freed when his mind was being assaulted by Illidan and the Eye of Sargeras. They aren't simply raised Humans, they're raised Humans who all (Or at least most of them) became sentient at one point in time.
I'm sorry if I have misunderstood something, but as far as I've read, then the Lich King died before Cataclysm, right?
But you still can make new Forsaken in Cataclysm.
Plot hole?
After creating a Forsaken, you are told that you wake up in a crypt. This is just one of those things that we sorta accept. New Forsaken characters aren't newly undead, they have just been in a slumber since the Lich King was wounded, until now. You were probably part of some unused reserve unit, incase the Scourge ever need more footsoldiers. We can't become undead here because necromancers are generally under the Lich King's rule, and we can't play Scourge as a faction. Non-Scourge player necromancers can't raise players, generally, except ressurections do make exceptions occasionally.

When the Scourge were in Eastern Kingdoms as a strong force, they WERE mass-raising people, like in the plagueland towns. As a result, there were alot of Scourge about, and so a significant number could be released from the Lich Kings control, forming the large forces of the Forsaken. But remember, you were asleep for quite a while ^^

I hope that's what your talking about, and this isn't difinitive. I'll happily accept corrections on this matter.
Hmm... I -have- seen Death Knight ghouls RP'd as having sentience in the past, so you -could- RP an Undead Human. However, the character in question would have to start as the Death Knight/Necromancer's ghoul since we don't allow players to resurrect their characters if they were killed on purpose.

Edit: And they are kill on sight.

Edit2: And these characters are special profiles.

Edit3: And there's a small possibility that I am completely wrong.
In general, I do not believe that we allow characters to die and then become Forsaken. If you create a character who is a Forsaken, you must roleplay him as that from character creation. I will gladly defer to the wisdom of more knowledgeable individuals if I am remembering this incorrectly!

The original source of the Plague of Undeath was grain corrupted by Kel'thuzzad (at least in Lordaeron; I don't think the same method was used in Northrend for the initial tests among its locals), but it isn't the sole source. Before heading to Northrend, Arthas Menethil destroyed all of the original sources of the Plague. However, in the years that followed, remnants of the Cult of the Damned created cauldrons that spread the Plague throughout what is now known as the Plaguelands (Western and Eastern). They are capable of spewing the Plague directly into the air, increasing the likelihood of others becoming infected.

It is surmised that the Plague is actually some sort of fungus that can be transferred to others, which would explain how people can now acquire it. However, proximity may not result in becoming infected. There's a little bit of inconsistency in how it's portrayed in the lore -- what a surprise!

So, you have two options in creating the history of a Forsaken character:
  1. Your character can have been part of the original release of the Plague of Undeath in Lordaeron, which means that your character probably obtained the Plague from infected grain or from interacting with those who had. You then served for a period of time as a mindless undead servant until Sylvanas broke free of the Lich King's control in a moment of his weakness and then helped others do the same.
  2. Your character obtained the Plague of Undeath after these events. He probably either caught it while in the Plaguelands or interacting with someone who has spent some time there. At this point, your character was a mindless zombie until someone (usually a necromancer from the Undercity) broke the Lich King's control over him and then recruited him to join the Forsaken.

I hope that I have been able to shed some light on your questions, Kenert! If you need any other guidance in the creation of your future character's history, please don't hesitate to speak up.
Another "wow" from me...
I thought this was going to be a nice place, but for people to be this helpful...
I LOVE this place ^.^
Yeah, that pretty much answers my question :]

Thank you all for your effort and time :D
Meow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Priests and Undead Maxwell 4 987 12-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Maxwell
  Neurons and Necrosis: An Undead medical question. rentreality 5 1,093 09-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Vrahn
  Deathknights, Undead, and Gnomes! Harmonic 31 5,087 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Undead: Becoming Alive? Ranger435 7 1,457 07-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Ranger435
  Undead: Aliove? Alpha2518 2 759 07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Mikain