The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

And lo and behold, that the skies didst split open...
And sunlight fell upon a flame-proof bunker. Within it hid a bunch of people, some of greater, some of lesser import. Their names?

Elil, the ever-impatient, who threatened to skull everyone else.
Sylvandre, the justicar discharged sentinel, who sat in full armor, drinking ale through a straw with Kynra close by, who took occasional sips of her wine glass.
Serenwylde, who was busy drunken brawling with her daughter Lyia.
Cela, who constantly reminded the former two that their way of life is wrong in the most annoyingly respectful manner that a Priestess of the Moon could muster.
Arlyn who preached the Light to the Draenei Hand of Argus Usuilaan.
Flammos, an old man wizard played cards with the Draenei Shamaness Taera, only to see which of the two could cheat better at it.

From the shadows came the lesser voices, yet not of unimport unto the cause of the bunker, for each did their part to support it...

Ellaria, also known as 'Knife', was busy contemplating Jidaeo's next actions, whilst the warlock Lina didst covet the presence of her beloved succubus. The only absent one from the gathering was Erisong, who had been called to behold the funeral of the Ebon Knight Kaztiel, who fell before her in battle, for the greater good of Azeroth.

And lo, didst this bunker, formed through the twisted imagination of yours truly, open up its windows, and peered out, looking for feedback with its hungry gaze, that any who would seek shelter within it, would be accepted, be they good or bad...
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Why hello thar. May I join you in the bunker? It looks awesome (also, nice job keeping them from fighting one another. You must have drugged their drinks and distracted Elil with dog treats.)

Anyhow. I haven't met many of your characters (only three, really), but I can give you clear feedback on at least two.

Kynra. Kynra seems at first glance to have the usual conflictions of the need to kill, and the need to continue a normal life. But she's taken it to a whole new level - she is a study in opposites. One moment she's taking it on herself to murder someone just because someone else asked her to. Another, she's interacting happily with the people she trusts. Another, she's mustering up a troop while the reason remains ambiguous (is she doing it for the better good? Or is it just her desire to kill?) Then she also shows concern for the traditions of the Night Elves, and worships Elune.
Her concern over whether she's doing the right thing is practically tangible. This makes her interactions with Ventus and Sevith very interesting.

The thing I like about her the most is that even while she's caught in her moral problems, she never fails to act and do something, even if it will be painful to her.

Arlyn. She really does have an adolescent, stubborn personality. The combination of being pigheaded and always trying to be as pious as possible is very amusing - I'm lucky that Arlyn and Lene get along well, or else they would be in for the argument of a lifetime. Even so, her sweet and kind side is visible to all who look, as is her naivety. It seems to me that if you catch one of those personality types, she's bound to use it on the character who saw it for a while.
Let me get this perfectly straight: she is adorable. I've never seen a character that combines all of those aspects so well.

My criticism for Arlyn is that she doesn't seem to have many things beyond paladinism that she's really enthusiastic about. Does she have hobbies or things she's good at? Does she keep secrets? Small things like that.

I'm going to save Serenwylde's and Lyia's for later. Brace yourself.
Well, I've interacted a bit with a character of yours. Which you might know.

Syl-chucky ding dung darn-vandre.

And not in a friendly manner, either. I won't comment on each of our actions, but I will comment on this; I just love the character development of hers! First she was all just, and in the spring of her life and that, and when I came back? She'd hidden her whole personality. Wearing a mask and that. I'm not sure why; but I'm guessing it was because of Drakus.

Nice.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Bad - when I read about some of your character profiles my first thought was, "How did this get approved?!" cause some things walks a very fine line between really unique and Goldshire (or mary sue as some wish to call it). Elil for one was one of these characters I remember reacting most to. Not really sure if it is much to change though, since this is more about personal preference.

Good - Arlyn, during the really short meeting between her and Telah I fell in love with her cause she is the first believable blood knight convert I have met and wish to meet her again in Shattrath. And also, will Taera be back for the shaman plot on Outland?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Holy fel. Three responses in just a few hours. Well, I get to respond to 'em. /nod.

Etmosril knows my mind. I should give Arlyn some sort of hobby besides just being herself, though, that is tiresome and time-filling enough. She used to read a lot back in the day. Tried cooking, but the GHI items wiped so she dropped it.

Azheron gets the answer to his wondering, or got it already. It was in -part- due to Drakus, but the rest of it is of the influence of another char. Syl's more of an introvert nowadays, dealing justice by her blades as you've known her, just doing it a bit more covertly. Can't waltz in the middle of Stormwind and decapitate drug dealers, now can we?... Can we?...

Yes. We can.

Bovel! The camel.. now, I'll start with Taera's little gist. She's... not usually there. As in, she too much of an airhead to even spend time with her mate, going from mountaintop to mountaintop contemplating deep things like the meaning of life, and the Spirits. Fun times ensue, when she -does- come out of 'hiding'. But I cannot give you a definite answer as to whether or not you'll be seeing her again soon for the DP. On your other note, yeah. Elil was cray-zay. It's also in part the reason for which she is chained and locked in the Bunker, never to come out until she's better... which would take a brain wipe... a restart, if you catch my drift. :wink:
Well, you hurled comments my way, only fair I should do the same, I'll try to keep this short

Sylvandre - Well...in by time rping with her, she has changed. No doubts about it, from a (Partially) careless general goody two shoes, to the slightly depressive killing machine known as Shal'Serra. Problem is (although this may just be related to my misunderstanding of fel steel.) any time that armors off, she's...very very jolly - maybe the contrast is intended I don't know - but surely wearing felsteel for so long would have effects when your not wearing it also. I am also surprised that long time ago when Drakus lost his memory, that there was no repercussions for Avints trying to help him...

She acts so much like a warden, that she probably will end up being one, regardless of how many morals are in the way.

Arlyn Nothing I don't disagree with, a well done good-guy belf paladin. Problems with the character are usually more the actual weaknesses that she has, for instance being practically a full on paladin with every waking moment (Maybe she should see serenwylde...), and finding it hard to not do something that is related to being a paladin, a tad like what Ventus was...

Kynra I share mostly the same opinon as Etmosril, but a little extra im going to add is every time that Kynra shows up, I can honestly say I have no idea what it will be about which is a very good thing, as it often leaves Ventus on his toes (or hooves) because each encounter has been different.

Serenwylde - Out of the lot, I have had my most laughs rping with this character. She's a out of the blue completely random character where the difference between being sober or not was very small. In my absence from the server, she has changed quite alot though. Im interested to see how the plotline which is beginning to form will shape out also.

Sum ups for the rest.

Cela - She's a convicence character for moral problems in my opinon, but I have rped little with her and all I have seen of her is either as a walking advice clinic or mind wiper.
Flammos - "Have a Croissant"
Ellaria - No comment
Usuilaan - I want to see more of his random GHI items
Lyia - No comment, mainly due to little rping with her.
Taera - She seems to disappear at key moments no?

Thats all...for now.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

Harr. I guess I can give some comments!

First of all, I'm not good with words. Second of all so far, I've loved all your characters one of my chars has met, really. Arlyn is a character that, like others have said, tries her best to be good. Sometimes too much. Sometimes her choices are simply to selfless. I like this. It sometimes give interesting results on her mood and personality. What is more interesting is the rare cases were Arlyn actually breaks loose from her normal personality. It's just more unexpected. At times I could've sworn she had a split personality. LOL I also like the character development she has. It's interesting and unexpected.

Serenwylde. . . . Well, she's entertaining allright. She has a good sense of humor and I like her attitude. And someday I'm getting her into a dress. One way or another. You'll see. Although I haven't met her much lately. Also, she broke Ventus' jaw. I have to give her cred for that.

Kynra. . . Well. . . I don't have that much to say about her since I haven't met her all that many times. But I feel there's some kind of undecided mystery around her. All my encounters with her were different. It gives her an undecided, chaotic feeling like you don't know what's going to happen. I like that kind of suspense. I really should meet her more on other chars. Twould' be interesting.

And Taera. . . Do I have to say anything? Taera is an amazing character. She's loveable and she has her adorable times, but she also has that charisma. Like everything is going to be okay around her. She always feels steady enough to lean on. Calm, resourceful and always knows what to do. Sometimes her mood flare up and she becomes dangerous. She has so many sides, it's impossible to become bored. To me, Taera is probably the most loveable character on the server, even though I haven't seen her much like. . . At all, lately.

Finally I thought I'd give some comments on you. I like your personality. I do. I like your serious approach to RP and that you occasionally can joke around and not be TOO serious. What I love the most about you, though, I have told you before. You have a way with words, and you're very philosophic. In character and out of character. Loving philosophy like I do, it's very enjoyable and you're GOOD at it. I can't count how many times I've been sitting in my chair, tilt my head at something you said as Taera or OOC and go like ". . . That's true, damnit." I really like this about you and I like a lot of other things about you as well. Too many for me to remember when I've been up for almost 24 hours now. But there is one thing I'm annoyed with. Sometimes when sending you a whisper asking for RP, I simply don't get an answer. I can handle being tossed a "Not right now", "I don't feel like it" or even just a simple "No." But being ignored annoys me. Quite a lot, actually.

Having that said, I should go to sleep. . . Maybe not. Maybe I'll try and turn my hours back. I'm gonna start working pretty soon >.<
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
My, my, what to say? I believe I've only RPed with Arlyn, so I'll only speak of her. First off, everyone loves her. Like -loves- her. Not sure why. I hope she isn't kept too busy with all the attention she receives ("totally not a dirty insinuation"). Anyhow, I enjoy how she is able to not be a hater (well excluding the Scourge and Burning Legion) yet still be a believable character. She was quite a convincing person, in fact you yourself are as well for the True Light business. I did enjoy that one event when we went into the Outlands to kill the giant serpent indeedo. Gave me an excuse to get a new set of armor too! Lets go get felpuppehs some time, okay?
What a holy person I am...
[Image: badge.jpg]

[Image: badge.jpg]
ptdapen Wrote:My, my, what to say? I believe I've only RPed with Arlyn, so I'll only speak of her. First off, everyone loves her. Like -loves- her. Not sure why. I hope she isn't kept too busy with all the attention she receives ("totally not a dirty insinuation"). Anyhow, I enjoy how she is able to not be a hater (well excluding the Scourge and Burning Legion) yet still be a believable character. She was quite a convincing person, in fact you yourself are as well for the True Light business. I did enjoy that one event when we went into the Outlands to kill the giant serpent indeedo. Gave me an excuse to get a new set of armor too! Lets go get felpuppehs some time, okay?

That was a cool event.
Spoiler:
All right. I've been on a roll today, and it's been long enough that a lot of our characters and interactions have changed. A new game, if you know what I mean.

Arlyn seems better-rounded to me those days, probably because she and Lene get to do a lot of different stuff together. They seem rather dependent on one another - but it's in the best way possible. Besides that, I've observed more of Arlyn's day-to-day characteristics which weren't revealed before. She is amazingly endearing, especially with her little quirks. Like leaving candy wrappers in the bedsheets. I love how she and her sister interact: she's well-meaning as always, but she's a bit clueless when it comes to mages.
And I appreciate your adding some of her family members into our rp. The Belven population was devastated, but I don't think the survivors are as alone as most people rp them as being. They'd still have some of their family and friends left.
All in all, adorable. Those two need to have more awesome, possibly dangerous adventures.

I may be biased when it comes to Sylvandre, since Seija and Kenarith usually catch her with her happyfaise on, but it seems to me that she's quite a sweet person underneath the armor and weaponry. Her interactions with Seija seem off to me, but Kenarith and Sylvandre are hilarious (Warden and rogue tag is about as epic as you can get. Also, CEILING SYLVANDRE). Sylvandre's got less of a hard shell than she leads people to believe - but then, she sheds it readily once she leaves combat situations.
I'd like to see her in more varied circumstances, or maybe you could play up the fact she always goes from house to business and back? Both would add a lot of characterization value. And don't worry about making her frightening: she merits it. She's a Warden, she deserves to be frightening and impressive.

Kynra I haven't played with in a while. And like Sanya, I have very mixed opinions on her. She seems somewhat happier and calmer than when I first roleplayed with her. And while it's terrific to see someone who isn't over-the-top emo, I wonder sometimes - if she's conflicted, then what the fel is she conflicted about?
DKs do need to kill, but killing is nothing new for the inhabitants of Azeroth. No matter where you go, killing is part of their world. And if it's about how she's deviating from Nelven culture, we've already seen it established that she gets along perfectly well in Ashenvale, and with all the other Nelves she meets. And to top it all off, she's still alive.

There. That's my critiquing for a while.
Ain't no way I'm typing an essay like Etmosril. Make me feel insecure why don't you? :<
Sylvandre - I have yet to see much of Sylvandre's sweet side. But the idea of it contrasting with her JUSTICEFAISE side is cool. And, yeah. Her being scary is a-ok. I also like how she deals with Fala'thorei, as it's a Warden's duty to keep people in line. And the history of Maiev and Illidan provides a neat backdrop of sorts.

Arlyn - Haven't seen much of Arlyn either. But she seems to make a good team with Lene. She seems to be the clingy one. And stop leaving candywrappers in the bed.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Flammos, the first time I ever RP'd with you was on my character Harrison's expedition through Tanaris up into the Shimmering Flats. I can't remember what the RP was about, but Sylvandre was there chillin' with the expedition, and I have to say you RP'd her perfectly. I haven't seen her much since, aside from the occasional RP with her on Don or Ashteran (which hasn't been in a while), but she really is an awesome character.

Elil, I've always loved, not much else to say about that. People can talk shit on her for her wolves, and different upbringing, but I've always thought she was an awesome character that you RP perfectly. I'm sad to say I haven't really RP'd with your other characters often enough to leave any feedback, but I can say you're a great person OOC from all the time we've spent chillin' in WSG and GMI.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I lubs you. <3
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
I... Wow. That's a lot of feedback. First off, thank you, everyone!

Arlyn has grown and is growing, so, character development is ever-present. Also, I dissagree with the clinginess. Just caught her in a bad moment, I guess. /shrug.

On the topic of Sylvandre, a funny thing happened. Kenarith mostly met her at home, when she was all happy about becoming a Warden. Whilst Anna mostly saw her JUSTICEFAISE... It's rather pleasant to hear such things from two sources, honestly.

Kynra, Kynra, Kynra... Sheeee... has been happified greatly, and Gwen's to blame. It's why she can keep up her act(? Is it an act?) around Sanya, and not go 'RAWR, I'm a monster that wants to slaughter stuff and drown in blood.' heheheh...

Also, this is the first time in this thread Elil's been spoken well of. Wow. That... makes me wanna take up playing her some more, actually. I was kind of missing it...

*Puts on narrator voice*

And lo and behold, that the bunker opened up, and whilst the new Elil was finished, a new Lina emerged also.

From on-high, aboard the Netherbane, Nim spied on the scene below through the scope of her gun, whilst Lari used her binocular-like goggles to peer at the action from her bike's seat.

Eris, somewhere far off, was seeking her sister, who Flareth decided to make an illusion of, if only to have fun with in a 'completely innocent' manner.

Somewhere inside the bunker, Luelin was praying fervently, for basically everyone, good or evil...

All in all, as new and old took part in the scene, the doors remained open, always accepting of that heavenly mana, that succulence beyond succulence, that extatic joy of text-based thought called...

Feedback.

TL;DR - Thanks, and I got new charries.
I'm Commander Sheppard and this is my favorite roleplayer on the citadel.

Yes, I did just necro this thread from way back just to say that, and yes. . .It was -totally- worth it.
Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1) Open thread 2) Criticise me. Spark 5 1,390 03-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Spark