The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Regarding Necromancy
First off, this is my first CotH forum post besides my introduction, so hello there! I'm glad to be here and am currently in the throws of patching up my character's background. That being said, I was wondering if anyone here had any above-average knowledge of necromancy in the Warcraft universe. Specifically, I would like to know if the practice of necromancy would be a crime heavily punishable (possibly by death) by the City of Storwmind. If not, I would love to know your opinions of some crimes, besides high treason, that -would- be heavily punishable, and possibly one that would frighten the citizens of Stormwind. Thank you in advance!
Necromancy is hated by Stormwind. If they find you committing Necromancy, they will put you to death.

if you plan on playing a necromancer, I'm sorry to say that the Necromancer class is a prestige class, which is only accessable by Grunts. Nevertheless, welcome to the server!
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
Murder can be one of the more heinous crimes out there. Consorting with foul Demons is also another crime worth a death sentence in some cases (Or an indefinite stay in Stormwind's special magical prison The Vault).
Necromancy is considered part of the dark and forbidden arts which are not allowed to be practiced in the land of man or most any than the Forsaken. There might have been a wtich hunt for necromancers lately with all that has happened in Northrend.

And you may practice some necromancy without being the prestige class, but titling yourself as necromancer is only for those who earned it.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Thank you all very much! Although I don't want to practice necromancy. It's just part of my history I'm making for my wife and I's characters.
I thought Necro's became a core class
That doesn't mean they're any less reviled, it just means the GMs want to open up another available Arcanist path to players on the server after the restart.
That makes me question actually...if everyone hates Necromancers because they raise the dead and what not
Do the Forsaken hate Necromancers? I mean they -are- dead right...hm
I doubt the Forsaken would hate necromancers but it would be kept rather hush hush seeing as the rest of the Horde would frown upon it. It's like the Shadow Priests of the Forsaken, they treat them highly while no one else really likes them.

This is my own opinion, however.
Interestingly, Forsaken Necromancers are gainfully employed by the state. The government recruits and trains Necromancers because no other form of healing can repair the wounds a Forsaken or other zombified ally normally walk away from.
Kaghuros Wrote:Interestingly, Forsaken Necromancers are gainfully employed by the state. The government recruits and trains Necromancers because no other form of healing can repair the wounds a Forsaken or other zombified ally normally walk away from.

Not to mention that a huge part of the Forsaken in Cataclysm is the revelation that Sylvanas has started to bring corpses back to life in order to help the Forsaken in procreating, although extraordinarily akin to the practices of the Lich King.

Necromancy is one of many practices in the warcraft universe where the effect differs where it's being used. For instance, some races tend to look down on rogues, while Stormwind's government employs them. Obviously, there's no restriction on going for a human necromancer, but if you walk into the middle of the trade district and yell, "HEY! LOOK AT WHAT I CAN MAKE THIS BODY DO!" It probably won't end well.
[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]
Although the Necromancers will be out of work, cause she hires the Val'Kyr for that.
It should also be noted that it is typically through the use of the necromancers that Sylvanas frees other mindless undead under the control of the Scourge so that they may join her army. Unfortunately, their numbers have been dwindling; many of them have left the Forsaken in order to acquire more power from the Scourge or the Burning Legion or any of a number of demonic cults. As a result, the Banshee Queen has been actively trying to recruit more necromancers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions on Necromancy McKnighter 31 4,593 10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  An Apology for 'thread Necromancy' Avenger0530 1 859 05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Nostra
  Basic Necromancy 101. Nostra 1 813 04-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Kenshiro