The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Mind Control via Arcane
So, we know Blood Elves are addicted to Arcane.
So, say if a Mage were to make a ball of Arcane and feed it to the Elf, with a bit of tweaking done to it, said mage would be able to mind control a sin'dorei via this method?
No. Flat out, no.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
And Blood Elves are not addicted to arcane anymore, the Sunwell is back again.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
But that's no fun. Besides Blood Elves will for ever be addicted to magics, so yes in theory it would work. I don't think it would be like that tho. More like

"Hey... you pretty boy (girl). Want some magic? You do *blah blah blah* for me and I'll give you all you want. So..we have a deal?"

IMHO
That life is like that of a Phoenix...
There are days when you burn...

...and there are days
where you start from your ashes into life...

This is not me,
but this is my face.
The face that I choose,
for my love to take. ~ Aurora Phoenix
You could BRIBE them with the energy. That's about all. We've had the discussion about Blood Elf addiction and come to the conclusion that they are still addicted.

Bribes and blackmailing are still VERY effective, and could may as well be mind control of sorts. Manipulation is a dark, dirty, evil thing. Tut tut. 8)
Amerason Wrote:And Blood Elves are not addicted to arcane anymore, the Sunwell is back again.

Read, guys.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
From what I understand they are still addicted, but the Sunwell is feeding and suppressing their addiction, otherwise they would have to perform magic rituals daily to feed their needs.
They are VERY much still addicted. That sort of thing does not go away when a supply returns.

So you're addicted to cigarettes. You smoke, let's say 20 a day. You're considered a chimney by some, but anyways. You stop. It's hard but you stop. You're still addicted to the things, but trying to get by without them. While still trying to stop, you suddenly start smoking 20 a day again. You're still addicted to the things, but you don't have withdrawal symptoms so life's good again. The addiction is still there.

Editted because I forgot to add the transistion to WoW.

So, the Blood Elves had the Sunwell. They lost it, they had withdrawal symptoms, and now they have it back. Still addicted.
Well, ya, I mainly, originally meant bribe them.
Sorry
Ben Wrote:They are VERY much still addicted. That sort of thing does not go away when a supply returns.

So you're addicted to cigarettes. You smoke, let's say 20 a day. You're considered a chimney by some, but anyways. You stop. It's hard but you stop. You're still addicted to the things, but trying to get by without them. While still trying to stop, you suddenly start smoking 20 a day again. You're still addicted to the things, but you don't have withdrawal symptoms so life's good again. The addiction is still there.

So, the Blood Elves had the Sunwell. They lost it, they had withdrawal symptoms, and now they have it back. Still addicted.

Seconded. But the original Mind Control wouldn't work. Bribing them maybe if they were, (out of range? not sure how that works) Or otherwise cut off from the sunwell. Or if the elf just liked doing it for kicks like a drug maybe? I'm not super keen Be's. But I do know addictions.
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
QuantumLegacy Wrote:
Ben Wrote:They are VERY much still addicted. That sort of thing does not go away when a supply returns.

Seconded. But the original Mind Control wouldn't work. Bribing them maybe if they were, (out of range? not sure how that works) Or otherwise cut off from the sunwell. Or if the elf just liked doing it for kicks like a drug maybe? I'm not super keen Be's. But I do know addictions.

Third? At any rate, everyone that has or does play WoW has some understanding of Addiction. IMHO or am I wrong and do feel free to say so... *now is a bit worried she is the only WoW addict out there. Shrugs and goes back to playing/RPing*
That life is like that of a Phoenix...
There are days when you burn...

...and there are days
where you start from your ashes into life...

This is not me,
but this is my face.
The face that I choose,
for my love to take. ~ Aurora Phoenix
Well how about clouding their mind? Like, getting them high off of Arcane.
Lia Wrote:
QuantumLegacy Wrote:

Third? At any rate, everyone that has or does play WoW has some understanding of Addiction. IMHO or am I wrong and do feel free to say so... *now is a bit worried she is the only WoW addict out there. Shrugs and goes back to playing/RPing*

WoW is more addictive than "fun", really, I would say. Hence why I only play it for fun and the second it stops being fun, I stop playing (and hence why I only play rogue when soloing).

There is no good addiction, and the blood-elves will forever be addicted to magic.

Didn't Illidan get over his addiction, though? He was addicted at first, but I guess thousands of years of no magic/cigarettes/WoW would stop any addiction.

EDIT: Yeah, of course you could bribe them. But you could also bribe them with food if you had them locked up. They're meant to meditate and stuff to stop feeling addicted, but with the Sunwell back I guess they'll be okay. You could bribe them with magic if they had no access to it (or no access to their home-lands) and you were the only person with magic. But, they can still stop feeling extremely addicted by meditating, etc. So I guess it'd be hard to bribe them with magic alone.
Ignorance is bliss, so shut up!
Danalthar Wrote:Well how about clouding their mind? Like, getting them high off of Arcane.

I don't think you'll be able to do anything of the sort that you're trying for. Disregarding the topic of whether Belfs are addicted or not if you were trying to do something to an arcane addicted person the most you could do is cloud their judgement with the temptation of what you're offering. I doubt you'll literally be able to effect their mind in the way I think you want to.

Honestly, a fun alternative might be just buying Cartel drugs and trying to get a few people addicted to the stuff by exposing them to usage. I think that's going along with the same idea mentioned here:

Ben Wrote:You could BRIBE them with the energy. That's about all. We've had the discussion about Blood Elf addiction and come to the conclusion that they are still addicted.

Bribes and blackmailing are still VERY effective, and could may as well be mind control of sorts. Manipulation is a dark, dirty, evil thing. Tut tut. 8)

Not literal mind control or actually fogging their mind but manipulating people in a way that would ultimately have the same effect and could make for fun Rp.
[Image: c9eda896-b205-41b9-9f52-22b1e122210f.jpg]
You could use an addiction to manipulate another person. However, keep in mind that part of what makes blood elves blood elves is the fact that they now possess the ability to withdraw arcane energy from other creatures. This is how they choose to sate their addictions following the destruction of the Sunwell. If they could easily draw the magic that they desire from others, how would you force them to take the magic another individual provides?

The only thing that I can think of (that may not even be viable, mind!) would be to create an extremely potent form of Arcane that would be substantially more desirable than other readily available forms of Arcane. If that could be obtained, I'm certain that some would become addicted to this new drug and then find that the minor high gained from lesser forms would have less effect.

Which brings up something interesting: does the body grow numbed to frequent applications of Arcane, thereby requiring more magic in the future in order to obtain the same high? That would be an intriguing thing to consider.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point can't Warlock use arcane? Kenert 12 3,051 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  Warlocks using arcane Kenert 6 1,334 06-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Kenert
  Would anyone really mind if GMs could RP dragons as characters? Dae 66 7,897 10-10-2012, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Arcane Consumption Wuvvums 2 908 01-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Reese
  A question of mind control. highwayunicorn 7 1,774 06-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Last Post: highwayunicorn