The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Emerald dream patch true or false?
I have seen a video saying that there would be coming a patch about emerald dream come around late 2011 early 2012.
Is it true or just bogus?
Don't try to figure me out, i'm just a lonely worthless paradox. To have no end whatsoever.
I haven't seen the video yet, but I do know that Blizzard has wanted to explore the Emerald Dream for quite some time now. It's been on their list of potential expansions since before The Burning Crusade came out. So it might be possible, but we'd have to wait for an official word.
Personally, I only think it would be a patch if it's dungeon sized. Seems to me that Blizzard would make it a full on expansion if they have any more for it than that, and with the size of the dream, and sheer potential, I'm sure they do. To make a long story short; no, I think it will be an expansion Pack.
Malfurion is coming out of the Dream in Cataclysm, so we may learn a little more about it. But I still hope they make it a fully fledged expansion or something.

The Emerald Dream is Azeroth without war, corruption or technology. I bet it's absolutely awesome, and it deserves to be an entire world, just like Azeroth.
Ignorance is bliss, so shut up!
Grayl Wrote:The Emerald Dream is Azeroth without war, corruption or technology. I bet it's absolutely awesome, and it deserves to be an entire world, just like Azeroth.
That's not an entirely true statement. The Emerald Dream suffers from its own problems, including the existence of Nightmare and its corrupting influence. It perverts the Emerald Dream and twists its denizens into horrific monsters that can harm visitors, whether they be people who have consciously decided to enter the Dream or managed to get there unknowingly when they sleep. I believe that they're called Corrupted Ones, but it's been a while since I've done a lot of research on the Emerald Dream.

We've already had opportunity to enter the Emerald Dream. There is at least one quest on Wrath of the Lich King in which players need to enter the Dream in order to obtain a cure. It's also assumed that players are phased to some variation of the Dream during the Dreamwalker fight in Icecrown Citadel.

I have a sneaky suspicion that we'll be seeing more of the Emerald Dream in Cataclysm, especially since the Nightmare apparently lurks in portions of southern Barrens and Malfurion's return. Blizzard still wants to have an entire expansion dedicated to the Emerald Dream (from what I can recall from a blue post I saw a while back), but that wouldn't prevent them from exploring more of it in Cataclysm!
Piroska Wrote:Blizzard still wants to have an entire expansion dedicated to the Emerald Dream (from what I can recall from a blue post I saw a while back), but that wouldn't prevent them from exploring more of it in Cataclysm!

Let us hope for that. I really like the idea of Emerald Dream.
Don't try to figure me out, i'm just a lonely worthless paradox. To have no end whatsoever.
Piroska Wrote:That's not an entirely true statement. The Emerald Dream suffers from its own problems, including the existence of Nightmare and its corrupting influence. It perverts the Emerald Dream and twists its denizens into horrific monsters that can harm visitors, whether they be people who have consciously decided to enter the Dream or managed to get there unknowingly when they sleep. I believe that they're called Corrupted Ones, but it's been a while since I've done a lot of research on the Emerald Dream.
That's not the only thing the Emerald Nightmare does, I'm afraid. Recently in the novel, Stormrage, the Emerald Nightmare has become rather active and has put people into endless dreaming "coma's", I guess you could call them, where people and denizens can't wake from their dreams.

Not even Malfurion can stop it, as he's being slowly transformed into a tree against his will by someone referred to as only the "Nightmare Lord" (Cliche'd, I know), who's somehow using Malfurion's druidic powers to spread the corruption on both Azeroth and the Emerald Dream. There's only one thing he learns in his "Imprisonment", and that's that the Nightmare Lord has some control of the Green Dragonflight.

Piroska Wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion that we'll be seeing more of the Emerald Dream in Cataclysm, especially since the Nightmare apparently lurks in portions of southern Barrens and Malfurion's return. Blizzard still wants to have an entire expansion dedicated to the Emerald Dream (from what I can recall from a blue post I saw a while back), but that wouldn't prevent them from exploring more of it in Cataclysm!
Judging from what I've researched, it's more likely that we'll see and interact more with the Emerald Dream in Cataclysm, because if Malfurion is only helpless against the threat of the Emerald Nightmare, it'll take all of Azeroth's people to defeat the threat that is the Emerald Nightmare.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Dream-Catcher Valicor 5 1,195 07-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  A Draenei Patch Ayarei 23 7,107 04-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Lystaa
  Forsaken Skin Patch - Covering Up the Bones Spiralin 3 1,135 02-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Rowgen
  Personal Patch: Revamping yourself Brutalskars 3 1,000 04-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Brutalskars