The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Vampiric Runeblades
This has been a topic I've been meaning to address for quite some time. Been quite lost on it. Now then, what I really want to know is: would they be allowed for our playable death knights? I believe there hasn't been a solid answer of yes or no yet, but if there has been, then let me know! Anyhow, my motivation to have one isn't with the actual power improvements over a regular runeblade but rather I'd like to have it as part of my character's story since I'm under the impression that a normal runeblade won't do the following:

1. Corrupt one into a death knight
2. Feed upon the slain (and become hungry!)

I suppose I could remove this concept of mine but I'd still enjoy being able to do it!
What a holy person I am...
[Image: badge.jpg]

I second this question. I haven't seen anything that specifically states that vampiric runeblades are limited to second generation Death Knights only. Or, conversely, I haven't seen anything which states that the runeblades of the third generation only sit there and function as conduits/amplifiers. (Yes, I am craving a vampiric runeblade that badly. For many people, being able to have one would add a lot to their roleplaying.)

I'd like to add that it would be interesting to consider Runeforging IC, even if vampiric runeblades are disallowed. Custom runes, maybe?
They are, in fact, restricted to Second Generation Death Knights because the simple possession of one turns you into a Second Gen. Death Knight (That's the corruption thing.). Of course, there are, known in the world, somewhere around five of them. One given to each of the Four Horsemen of Naxxramas, and one with Arthas himself. So, no, you can't have one, because there are too few and they're in the hands of Scourge too powerful for you to have the chance of getting one.
Based on the whole idea of the Blood Presence ability, it's pretty obvious that the closest a Third-Generation Death Knight can get to a Vampiric Runeblade is merely a Runeblade enfused with Blood Runes.

The corruption and whatnot is restricted to the Second-Generation Death Knights. That said, Death Knights can be corrupted in other ways, such as Saronite, and in the case of Etmosril's Death Knight, Sanya, cannibalistic tendencies.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
To my understanding all runeblades in the hands of Death Knights are in fact vampiric. The vampiric runeblades are what made them become Death Knights as opposed to ordinary Scourge. And when speaking of them being only available to second generation DKs, the only difference between a 2nd generation DK and a 3rd is that the 3rd gen DKs were stationed at Archerus and broke free from the Lich King.
[Image: glarfieldiator_gif_2_by_el_cid_84-d5ebmb1.gif]
The short answer has always been no. This is an overly re-hashed topic, along with whether or not deathknights are alive, and whether warlocks can aslo use arcane. :\

The -word- vampire shouldn't be allowed. Ever. At all.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:The short answer has always been no. This is an overly re-hashed topic, along with whether or not deathknights are alive, and whether warlocks can aslo use arcane. :\

The -word- vampire shouldn't be allowed. Ever. At all.

The closest things to vampires in WoW are the Nathrezim. And they are unplayable.
Pain is an illusion.
I'm under the impression that we're not allowed to be second-generation death knights either. I think I recall someone posting up information that says they're more powerful than third-generation death knights but I'm not quite sure. If someone could post it up then that would be great. Also, I think the added term vampiric may apply to more runeblades than we know. A handy amount of major death knights do have them indeed but the minor ones could possibly have them as well; they just don't drop. But alas, I cannot be sure.

As a clarification there are more third-generation death knights than the Ebon Blade I believe, its just that the Ebon Blade were the only ones to be set free. Not entirely sure.
What a holy person I am...

From the death knight article on our wiki:
Quote:Players are only able to claim that they are third generation death knights. Profiles bearing anything else will most likely result in immediate rejection.
Think of it this way, if your runeblade can steal souls of the fallen, what is stopping you from taking player character's souls? Ignoring any lore arguments, this was our number one reason for saying no, as these runeblades would completely destroy our rez system and deny players their chance to come back.

A lot of these type's of situations boil down to what works for us, not what lore might be possible.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Besides, who wants a runeblade that sparkles in the sunlight?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Runeblades. Uguu 24 3,485 03-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  Runeblades & Death Knights Aphetoros 8 1,584 01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Runeblades! HolyHiveMind 13 1,754 11-02-2010, 04:57 AM