The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Runeblades.
Simply a quick question. Is it possible for a death knight to hold more than one runed weapon/item. Such as a runed hammer and a pair of runed knives? I apologize if this is common knowledge.
Yup. You can have as many runeblades as you want.

In fact, the DK starter quests tell you to runify -all- your weaponry.

'Come back often, and emblazon all your weapons, Death Knight.' or something similar.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Thanks for the assistance, good to know.
This makes me want to roll a DK with an obsession for making any object they can into a runic object.

"FEAR ME! I WEILD THE RUNESPOON!" *Jabjabjab*
Note that the process of runing takes time and energy, I doubt the skele-smiths would allow you to inscribe something you will throw away at once.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Maureen has a runespoon..
Bovel Wrote:Note that the process of runing takes time and energy, I doubt the skele-smiths would allow you to inscribe something you will throw away at once.
The skelesmiths don't rune it. You do. With magic; you don't etch them manually. I don't see any reason to believe that it would take very long, either--although of course it would vary on the RPer in question and all.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
hiddengecko Wrote:The skelesmiths don't rune it. You do. With magic; you don't etch them manually.
I am of the belief that you don't do anything as a death knight since... yeah the Lich King pimpes you and as a death knight I am a pre-programmed death machine. Only reason I think runeforging was even added to the game is mechanics. Cause what stops any death knight to become inscriber or even runemaster right away when they are freed?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.

Any ability you have OOCly can be, within reason, used ICly.
You -can- runeforge. It is integral to a death knight. Like I've said, DK is a combination of necromancer and runemaster.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
So you say that any gamemechanic is game as long as it is within the game?

I'm pretty sure he meant that if something is in the game, then it probably can be used IC to some extent.
I think...
Meow
I don't see why not, a large group of shock troopers all gain a sword, it's their duty to inscribe runes onto it in accordance with their own abilities. Makes sense and after all, they use runic magic and inscription is a form of preparing it.
So, as a leader with insane amounts of manpower, why waste time and have death knights rune their own weapons when you can make a minion that only does that? And where does it even in the lore of the death knights even imply that they can changes these runes?

The fact that each deathknight is given the skill of runeforging. It would be just as easy to have an NPC to dish them out, but they allow the characters to do it themselves. The runeblade, I imagine, is a personnal thing, and each deathknight would feel it a part of them. They likely would not trust such a precious thing to them to anyone but themselves.

Kinda like a rite of passage, the runeblade is the deathknight's life, they wouldn't just hand them a mass produced runeblade and then send them on, each would have to craft it themselves with as much care and attention they can muster. Wouldnt be surprised if Deathknight's named their runeblades.
Asking this question is like asking 'Where in lore does it state a Mage can cast Ice Armor?'. During the DK quests the very first thing you do is create your own runeblade using a sword you find. It's simply possible because it is shown in game that the Death Knights do this, not because it's a logical decision for the Lich King.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Runeblades & Death Knights Aphetoros 8 1,584 01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Runeblades! HolyHiveMind 13 1,754 11-02-2010, 04:57 AM
Last Post: McKnighter
  Vampiric Runeblades ptdapen 10 2,248 07-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Runeblades Walrus 10 1,881 04-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Walrus