The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

For the Restart
Maybe Kret is thinking about this, maybe he isn't. But... Will there be a new place to get flying mounts after the restart? It seems a little unfair you have to waste the extra 100g for Headless Horseman's mount to get there, since the vendors are on floating rocks. (Unless there's some sort of portal there I wasn't told of?)
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
You can still obtain a number of regular flying mounts in the places they're normally obtained, such as gryphons and wyverns. Both of which are easily acquired in Dalaran, which is available to all players through Warsong Gulch. I believe that you could also purchase some in Hellfire Peninsula for the Horde and Shadowmoon Valley for the Alliance. These are where the mounts would typically be obtained in-game.
We have a custom area to get flying mounts? This is news to me...
It's on a floating island in Nagrand, west of the Oshu'gun. There's a fortress there and a handful of orcs that sell the unique flying mounts. It should be noted, however, that a good number of them would be difficult to appropriately use while roleplaying, such as the numerous drakes that can be obtained there.
I've never used a flying mount of my own while roleplaying, but it's nice to know I can get neat things there! :D
Piroska Wrote:You can still obtain a number of regular flying mounts in the places they're normally obtained, such as gryphons and wyverns. Both of which are easily acquired in Dalaran, which is available to all players through Warsong Gulch. I believe that you could also purchase some in Hellfire Peninsula for the Horde and Shadowmoon Valley for the Alliance. These are where the mounts would typically be obtained in-game.
Heh... Both Alliance and Horde flying mount vendors are located in Shadowmoon Valley. ^.^

And I believe that the special flying mounts should be added to a place only accessible to players already with a flying mount, silly as it sounds. At least in that case, there won't be players with masses of special flying mounts and not a single basic one, for RP cases that is. :B
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
Heh, I normally use the more "exotic" flying mounts either for OOC lolz or just for faster OOC movement, since the Kael'thas phoenix one and all the Arena reward mounts go extra fast compated to the other epic fliers.
Terant Wrote:Heh, I normally use the more "exotic" flying mounts either for OOC lolz or just for faster OOC movement, since the Kael'thas phoenix one and all the Arena reward mounts go extra fast compated to the other epic fliers.
I do so to. None of my characters (Except for the DKs) actually have their own IC Mounts anyway. I only use mounts to move around quickly OOC and more or less nothing more. None the less, it would be nice to be able to buy some more unique ones without having to spend a silver token and/or get to the floating rock.

I agree with this message.
PiesOfNub Wrote:Heh... Both Alliance and Horde flying mount vendors are located in Shadowmoon Valley. ^.^
Bana Wildmane, Wind Rider Keeper, is located in Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula. She sells all of the wyverns other than the Armored Blue Wind Rider.

When they lowered the level at which you can obtain flying, they also created new NPCs that sells mounts in Hellfire. Otherwise it would have been nearly impossible for newly minted level 60s who just got the training to fly without traveling to what at the time was an end-game zone.
To note, that flying mount island was a work I started looooooooooooooong ago, and never actually finished. There is no official 'farm' for flying mounts, currently. As before, though, it may or may not eventually be finished after the restart at some point!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prestige Class Mechanics: Post-Restart Shane 21 3,389 07-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Terant