The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Blood Elf Age.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/enc ... ia/339.xml

Right there is a link stating (directly from blizzard) that blood elves/high elves/night elves lives can span up to several millenniums. To be blunt here: what gives? I had always gone by the coth/wowwiki age list and this official piece totally takes a sword and chops it into hamburgers.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I'm not big on lore knowledge but my guess is that CotH goes by since when that big-ass tree died at the end of the third war. It died and so night elves lost their immortality.
Glonick
A gnomish engineer, intrigued by explosive devices. A recruit of The Regiment, mostly referred to as "Demoman" or "Demoboy".

Joseph Smith
A human warrior, hoping to travel to distant lands.
Right right...but that wouldn't change the age of belves.

Previously they were immortal...but now they just have like a 2000+ year life span.
Our numbers (as well as the ones utilized on WoWWiki) appear to have been drawn from the World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game. There's a table used in the game that helps determine the ages of different characters and the effects their ages will have on their stats; in addition they, too, require that players select a minimum age.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that Blizzard buggered up on their encyclopedia. Multiple sources state otherwise and also reiterate that the lifespan of the quel'dorei were significantly impacted.
To me this long age seems to make sense, or at least be plausible. Maybe not several centuries, but over 400 years seems likely. Simply because they were immortal at one point they could be very old.
Kaldorei were formerly immortal, however since the destruction of the World Tree they have lost said immortality and they now have a specific lifespan.

Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei, however. That is a different case. This is another one of Blizzard's lore contradictions where they said something previously and are now going against it by saying another. The beauty of private servers is that we ( we being the staff/community ) get to pick and choose what stays, what goes, what is right and what is wrong. Now not only that, but it is to my understanding that the ages given were tiered more towards when the High Elves were Highbourne. Now I could logically see them living for several centuries ( formerly ) but now that they have left the are in which gave them their lifespan originally, it has been cut short over time. Even the Sunwell can't keep them going forever. 400 is a very good number for old age with Sin'dorei, atleast that is my opinion.
With all this confusion based on non-human races, I say we do a complete revamp of the age system.
Binkleheimer Wrote:With all this confusion based on non-human races, I say we do a complete revamp of the age system.

Or we stick to the one we have, as all profiles and histories would have to be altered otherwise.
Quote:One similarity between night elves, high elves, and blood elves has only recently come about. The night elves sacrificed their immortality and much of their power at the end of the Third War. Thus, all elves are now mortal and have comparable lifespans that can extend as long as several thousand years.

What do you not get about this? They're saying, and let me rewrite the entry so it's less confusing:

Quote:"Night Elves, Blood Elves and High Elves now share a new similarity, they're all mortal. Once upon a time the Night Elves were immortal, but they gave it up to save Azeroth from Archimonde. Now they must live a mortal life such as that of their cousins. They live comparably long lives, which can last up to several thousand years depending on the kind of Elf."
Not what I meant actually. What I meant was, isn't it possible for a blood elf to have once been a kal'dorei and still be living?

And I even from wowwiki, it gives blood elves the ability to live up to 2000.
No.

Remember, enough generations had passed that the high elves considered their history as night elves a part of lore. From the RPG we have:
Quote:When the high elves lost their immortality, they eventually forgot their brethren as generations lived and died, creating legends of histories. [...] When the high elves encountered the night elves, they realized that the legends were true [...].
If high elves lived thousands of years -- or if one still lived that was once a night elf -- this could not have occurred. I believe that in the campaigns as well one of the high elves mentions his surprise at learning of the night elves' existence, stating something along the lines that his people had legends about them but hadn't believed that they were true.
Of what I understand, the Highborne weren't that great in numbers when they were forced to leave Kalimdor. To be a player character and be one of these few Highborne who serviced under Queen Azshara herself... Well, you realize how that sounds, don't you? They were even the favoured servitors of the Queen.

When the Highborne left Kalimdor, their transformation into High Elves started. Also, being a Highborne to have left Kalimdor, you'd have some kind of contact with the rather important lore figure of Dath'remar Sunstrider, the ancestor of Anasterian and Kael'thas Sunstrider.

That was quite some time ago, too. Anasterian ruled over the High Elves as their king for around 3000 years, according to the WoWwiki. Until he was killed in the Scourge Invasion led by Prince Arthas.

There were really very few elves who reached the same age as Anasterian and the other elves, and even then... Anasterian is a Lore figure. And they are known to stretch and bend Lore in their own unique way and should not be used as example when creating or playing a regular character.

Also, considering 90% of the High Elves were wiped out during the Scourge Invasion, it's safe to assume that many of any oldies left would've been killed along with the rest, as they were probably more likely targets during the assault.

EDIT; Speedy Piroska.
Hm, I missed that. But can you explain why wowwiki gives them a maximum age of 2000?
WoWwiki - On Blood Elves Wrote:Sin'dorei are also likely have long life spans, and as well, they may grow old and age in a similar way to high elves. How fast they age is unknown but there is evidence of some Sin'dorei being old enough to have existed since their exile from their Kaldorei cousins.
WoWwiki - On Lifespans Wrote:354-390 (or up to 2000)[n 4]

I can't really explain why they set it up to 2000, though I'd assume it's the result of confusion with age and lifespan in general since Blizzard never gives accurate information on such things.

I could assume, however, that the 2000 year lifespan'd apply more to High Elves than Blood Elves, since it wouldn't be too far fetched to say the Blood Elven lifespan declined with their use of fel-magic to substitute the arcane with the loss of the Sunwell.

That said, I don't have anything solid to give, here.
The only thing that dissapoints me about Sin'dorei age is that "110" is considered an adult. What, do they spend 10 years of their lives in diapers? I've also read that Blood Elves mature at the same rate as humans (ie: they grow to the size of an adult in about 16 - 20 years) but enjoy the long lifespan.

As long as you write something that seems solid and doesn't specifically disagree with lore, I guess it would pass as acceptable.