The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Deathknights now.
Hi there, a thought just occurred to me and i'm wondering what you guy's all think. The lich king, in terms of RP, is now dead, and it's fairly public by this point. What would death-knights do, I mean, the sole purpose for them living on was to kill the lich king, and now he is dead. Would they shamble the world without a purpose, try to rebuild shattered lives, even go on the run, as I imagine with the lich king dead many people would want to mop up any trace of him, and see the death-knights as an uncomfortable reminder, and as no longer necessary. Opinions, all? :)
Personally I see most Death Knights doing one of two things.

One; Most Death Knights, trying to escape the horrors of undeath and the memories of the crimes they have committed, will most likely off themselves somehow.

Two; I can see how, since they are practically undead, many Death Knights might flock to the Forsaken. No matter what race, I imagine the Forsaken would be willing to welcome convert death knights into their ranks.

That's my two cents on the topic.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

I think that many of them will be set adrift, with little direction. They'll return to their homes finding that their loved ones and friends will most likely reject them -- or at least be extremely uncomfortable with the changes that have occurred to them, both physical and mental. The death knights will have to find a new place in which they can not only fit but thrive. A lot may join mercenary organizations or other places where they could put their newfound abilities and talents to use.

I see it as being an extreme case of veterans returning from combat. Take what happens to them in real life and multiple it by quite a bit. That would provide fairly good direction in determining what is possible.
It seems, from Cataclysm, that most death knights returned fully to their former faction and dedicated their lives to protect and further the goals of their people. I don't think there's anything solid that says this is what happened, but it's what I assumed since we see a few death knights (well, Thaussarian and Koltira) doing just that. Not all of them may have done that though, I think it depends on your character and what is important to them.

An idea might be to join forces with the Argents or a similar organization and help cleanse the Plaguelands or hunt for undead elsewhere.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I'm sure both Alliance and Horde would (are) see the perks of undead warriors in their ranks. They're a lot cheaper, for one and they can fight for much longer than living warriors... Not to mention they are also rather powerful.

As for what Death Knights might consider their own goal now:
-Rebuilding old lives.
-Rebuilding old relations (with the Alliance/Their Race/Horde/other affiliations).
-Destroy themselves.
-Go into self-exile and live out their unlives as hermits.
-Stuff like that...
I think claiming that the sole purpose of a Death Knight's existence being the death of the LK is kind of an over-simplification. For some, this might be the case, but they are still their own people with their own thoughts and emotions. Similarly, DK's did rejoin their factions, to at least some extent, at the beginning of Wrath, so there's no reason to believe some, in a search for purpose, would support their faction. Some may attempt to piece back together their shattered former lives.

The possibilities for them are nearly as endless as for any other class.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Grakor456 Wrote:I think claiming that the sole purpose of a Death Knight's existence being the death of the LK is kind of an over-simplification. For some, this might be the case, but they are still their own people with their own thoughts and emotions. Similarly, DK's did rejoin their factions, to at least some extent, at the beginning of Wrath, so there's no reason to believe some, in a search for purpose, would support their faction. Some may attempt to piece back together their shattered former lives.

The possibilities for them are nearly as endless as for any other class.

Oh yes, i was only generalizing a little, and every deathknight had this at least somewhere on their agenda. I think DK rp could get very interesting now that the LK is dead. Can begin to explore all the possibilities from this topic, will be fun, thanks all :)
This is something I've had to think about myself, given my pending Death Knight profile. Death Knights not only have to deal with the fact that a major objective of their existance is no longer an issue, but the fact that they were denied the chance to to take vengeance upon the Lich King themselves. So now, robbed of their vengeance and without a cause, they will have to find other things to occupy their time. As stated above, some might not be able to tolerate their own existance and try to end it, others may find new endeavors to support, or choose to seclude themselves. Some might choose to take up a profession and spend their unlife mastering it. They will still need to deal with their hunger however; they will need to kill, or injure, other lifeforms to sustain themselves.

All in all, I find the possibilities interesting, and I hope to witness some interesting reactions from other characters to the presence of a Death Knight, a constant reminder of the evil that was defeated. I wouldn't be surprised to find many shunned and outcast from whatever homeland they returned to, for being undead. Some might even try to hunt and kill them for that reason alone, free will or not. Their presence upsets the natural balance of life and death, and are twisted abominations of the living beings they once were.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Rogue.
Well, my Death Knight started aimlessly wandering around, simply looking for a purpose, until she found it. Which was to protect a certain individual, which she now does at all times.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Malth, after realizing that there will ALWAYS be conflict, has aimed to better his combat prowess in the form of a Prestige (Some, if not most of you should know what I'm referring to.) I guess it's just a case of doing what the Death Knight wishes for now, until possibly being recalled into active duty. Oh, and with the Scourge gone, I won't be hounding at as many DKs sitting around in taverns to actually do something. :B
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
I thought I'd slip this question in here since I didn't want to make an entire post...

But aren't Blood Elf DKs pretty much...High Elf Death Knights?

The only thing I can see is a loyalty change between the two elves.
"Everybody sees what you appear to be, few feel what you are..."
-Niccolò Machiavelli
Technically, yes. Considering that the very destruction of Quel'Thalas by Arthas and the Scourge during the Third War was the point the High Elves became Blood Elves in honour of the fallen, and most if not all Belf Death Knights would originate from that very same battle.
I am Rogue.
I also some DKs will try and prove themselves not to be just dead minions, maybe gain honor and a name for themselves, try to prove to others they won't just go on evil killing sprees.
So technically....all Belf DKs are High Elves....interesting...
"Everybody sees what you appear to be, few feel what you are..."
-Niccolò Machiavelli
On the other hand, no. They (sort of) survived the battle, so if they still held allegience to Quel'Thalas after regaining their free will, they might also choose to adopt the name of Blood Elf. Or not, and be called jerks for not honouring the many, many dead Elves.
I am Rogue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions on deathknights PvtFrog 22 3,324 08-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Mezrin
  Deathknights and the law. Miah 39 5,948 01-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Arrillion
  Deathknights, Undead, and Gnomes! Harmonic 31 5,087 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Grakor456