The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Soul Swapping?
Alright, I have a question.

Warlocks, IG, have a spell that puts the target's soul into a shard, so when they die, they come back to life.

Now, the idea that is in question is that is it possible for a warlock to take the soul of a Forsaken, then put that soul into a human body?

The soul of the human could either be put into another shard, or be banished into the Twisting Nether.

I think this would be interesting, but I'm not suggesting it's something someone can just pull off. It would have to take at least a week to have the ritual set up, -nothing- can do wrong or both souls, and the warlock, could be destroyed.

I thought I heard somewhere that the GM's said that you can use any skills that you have IG, so I just want some yes's or no's about this. I think it would be very interesting to RP out....

Thoughts?
I have no idea, but I hope it works out for Berenice. ;p
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
It sounds like a plausible idea granted the soul makes the shard or it requires a crystal or something. I dunno.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Hey...

I wasn't talking about her...

>.>

<.<

____

Indeed, since IG it makes a shard, I figure it would IC. :3
Seeing that a Warlock can use the Soul Well, which creates health stones bound to the user of said Well, and can create their own stones that bound their own souls to it, I don't think it'd be much of a stretch to substitute someone else's soul into a larger vessel. It'd be a drain, yeah, but possible.
I'd be very reluctant to allow something like this. If the other body is already inhabited by a soul, I'd say it was impossible. If you were essentially looking to possess a corpse... The first thing that comes to my mind is the body deteriorating rapidly. If not that, there would have to be some other huge consequence to doing something along these lines.

While it's an interesting idea at face value, I would be pretty worried about the incredible potential for soul-swapping to be abused. Taking over other people's characters, switching gender, race, or class for the lulz, or using it as a get-out-of-character-death-free card all come to mind.
[Image: UzMPvzA.gif]
I might be completely wrong here but isn't there lore stating or at least suggesting that the souls/essence of people are anchored to their body and that it is very hard to sever that connection?
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

This makes me thing of the Soul Gem from warcraft III you use to capture grom hellscream

The first death knights were created by putting souls of recently slain orcs into the bodies of human knights, and this was only possible by forming the slain warlock's hearts into a jewel attached to a truncheon of the Death Knight.

If even the mighty Gul'dan could'nt simply put souls in slain bodies, I doubt another warlock would succeed.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
This does conjur interesting possibilities for me though... an aging, or crippled steamwarrior pilot becoming permanently bound to their armoured suit in spirit, or a mage having their spirit transferred into the inert shell of a mechanical constructed body to overcome the flaws of mortality and the frail magely body. I'm not saying it would be easy, but as stated above, there are ways.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Rogue.
If I had to say, this isn't possible. Even if it was, I don't think it would be something a Warlock could easily do, this sounds to be more along the lines of a Necromancer. Bare in mine that once the soul leaves the living body, the body would likely die and thus you would be transferring a soul into a lifeless body.
Personally, I don't think that it'd be possible to swap bodies via this method. As previously mentioned, the bond between soul and body is extremely strong in lore. A character's soul is not a tangible thing, so there would not be a 'tangible' connection. What I mean here is that the connection would exist regardless of the souls apparent whereabouts, in the sense that that soul is for that body, and that body alone. I'd find it likely that if the soul was forced into another body, or shell, that it would be destroyed because of the backlash of all the familiarity the soul had with it's previous body being eradicated. I know what I mean anyway. Basically, like trying to plug in an EU standard plug into an American socket. It doesn't work. Now forcing it in, will simply break both.

I'm unfamiliar with the original Death Knight lore, personally. I believe that soul gems were only used on their corresponding bodies. So the above would apply. But due to my unfamiliarity, it may be possible to tether souls via some advanced form of magic. But even then this isn't soul swapping exactly, because the soul doesn't have a new permanent housing. The gem being on the truncheon, for example, shows that the soul could easily be removed from it's host.

So, I think that's how your soul stone would work in game. Basically keeping the soul anchored to the body, so it doesnt wander/scatter when the body can no longer sustain the soul. There'd be massive repercussions for this however, like a massively shortened lifespan. You should be dead, after all.

There's my two copper on the subject :D
Quote:I might be completely wrong here but isn't there lore stating or at least suggesting that the souls/essence of people are anchored to their body and that it is very hard to sever that connection?

I'll need proof. :(

I checked the wowwiki about Soul Shards, it doesn't say anything lore wise, but if you can 'Drain Soul', I assume you carry their soul until you use it. I'll check Warlock right now to see if I can dig anything up.

Now, I wasn't think about bring a slayed human body to make the transfer, it'll have to be a live body, and the warlock would have to suck the soul out of the body, then quickly begin the ritural to put the other soul in. I'm pretty sure the human body does not just -die- once the soul is gone, it's just like a mindless shell. Brain should still work, all organs are not damaged, and they have no reason to just stop working.

I never said this was going to be easy, this is like doing open heart surgery with a doctor who just passed Med school.

I wasn't thinking about just one warlock for this job either, it sounds like you'll need 2 warlocks, 1 Priest, 1 Necromancer (To make sure the Forsaken's soul is taken, they are very strong willed, even if they are willing.), And possibly a Shaman/Druid.

Sounds like Mass Effect, it'll take a crew to tackle this.
Quote:but can store the target´s soul to resurrect or heal himself by draining enemy's life.

Found it.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Warlock

Alright, upon reading some more, I figure it'll be better if we had to make a Soulstone.

Changes? It actually rez the character in-game, so it should be more safe and durable. And you need a Soul -Shard- to create one. So the Soul Shard is just a tool to create the actual holding cell for the soul.

As said above, perhaps this way will -not- shorten your life too much.
No. Like otehr have stated in this thread, I have also read that a soul is bound to it's body. First of all, you'd need a ridiculous amount of work to even force the soul into another body that isn't it's own. And if it would succeed. Both the body and the soul would be failing quickly. Important body systems would shut down and the soul would get confused.

EDIT: Secondly, how would you get a priest and a shaman or druid to help a warlock? That. . .Is almost even more difficult.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference of soul and spirit? Kenert 5 1,713 06-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  A matter of Mind and Soul. CallMeMelissa 8 1,643 07-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Last Post: CallMeMelissa
  Warlock Soul Self Resurrection.. CallMeMelissa 4 1,171 07-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Bovel
  Introduction of Faction-Swapping Anski 16 3,069 07-06-2009, 09:39 AM