The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction of Faction-Swapping
Now before you scan over this thinking 'oh boy someone asking Kretol if he can make races swap factions,' What I came here to say is that I picked THIS up in my RSS feed this morning. Apparently Blizzard is working on the ability to swap factions in game.

Discuss.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
In the Warcraft d20 game, players could actually have, for example, Human Paladins fighting for the Orcish Horde. If I am understanding correctly, this is the same way how it will work. I was a little confused at first, when I heard of that, but I just shrugged and kept on truckin'. They do what they want to do. Not like you can stop 'em.

Now, I'm sure many of you can remember Live, where at one point there was always someone who is Thrall's bastard son/Half-Demon/Half-Dragon ect. ect. For those people on Blizzard's Role Playing servers, that are actually halfway decent, I will cry as the Horde will have 'Outcast Night Elves' running about the place, amongst other things.

I need to remember that Blizzard made an MMO, and not a place to Role Play in, exactly. As long as it won't reach here, I'll manage to live.

Annnnd. I didn't make much sense to myself. If you got it, you get a cookie or two. I 'unno.
"The only difference between me and a homeless man is my job. I will do whatever it takes to survive...like I did when I was homeless."
It's not that hard acually, I've seen it on private servers before. Blizzard will make it another one of their services you have to pay for. There is a GM command that allows you to switch factions from 1(alliance) to 2(horde). There is also the GM command that changes faction rep. It's already able to be done, Blizzard is just making it all work together for a full switch. It won't affect our server, atleast not in the near future due to different versions and the time it takes for a new emulation of a patch to be fixed.

Even so, I doubt we'll use it here. Human paladins just don't fight for the Horde. They wouldn't accept them.

Otherwise, it seems really cool. I might jump back to retail for a day to check it out, I like doing all that stuff that costs money, just to see if its cool or not.

Nice. :P
Blizzard. I hate you more and more, my you burn for this and Patch 2.4.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

As said elsewhere;

"When Arthas is made into a daily, he'd better have one hell of a death emote."

'Nuff said.
"The only difference between me and a homeless man is my job. I will do whatever it takes to survive...like I did when I was homeless."
Err... It seems more like when they say "roughly equivalent" they mean they'll change your race. This seems to be a companion to the existent mechanics involving paid changes or transfers of other kinds related to characters.

I don't see the mess you guys envision, nor do I see similar messes happening here again any time soon.
Exactly. When I first saw that article earlier today, I immediately conjured up a thought similar to what others have said, but then read through it.
Quote:There's still much work to do and many details to iron out, but the basic idea is that players will be able to use the service to transform an existing character into a roughly equivalent character of the opposing faction on the same realm.
"Roughly equivalent," as Kag pointed out. I imagine you'd be able to choose a race on the other side that can be your same class, and that's it.
I sure hope that when they go through it they work out the kinks in the coding that have always plagued those kinds of things. Otherwise it's gonna be horrifying what comes out of those paid transfers.
I thought they were going to allow Humans to become Horde side for a moment until I picked up the roughly equivalent thing. I was thinking "Oh crap, now we're gonna have RPers being Thrall's Gnomish servant..."
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Hawk Wrote:"Thrall's Gnomish servant..."
Sounds kinky.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Never forget that Blizzard is a business, after all.

Money, money, money...and they still can't pay programmers to smoothen out those stupid bugs or improve servers to avoid lag.
Quote:I imagine you'd be able to choose a race on the other side that can be your same class, and that's it.

But maybe, just maybe, this will enable tauren rogues!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Nostra Wrote:
Quote:I imagine you'd be able to choose a race on the other side that can be your same class, and that's it.

But maybe, just maybe, this will enable tauren rogues!

... My god, think of the massacre...
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
And then let them wear plate!

"<Clank, clank, clank, clank> ..STFU YOU CAN'T SEE ME!"
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Piken Wrote:
Hawk Wrote:"Thrall's Gnomish servant..."
Sounds kinky.
... That reminds me of this one fanfic...
˜★Sketch Blog

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So Blizz came up with this cool new faction! Sol 24 3,477 10-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  Inter-Faction Friendships Zaverick 45 5,927 09-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Anski
  Soul Swapping? McKnighter 28 4,462 08-18-2010, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Binkleheimer
  Cross-Faction stuff dastmo 5 1,358 01-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  A question on the Scarlet Crusade (Faction Question) Toulac 8 2,527 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Diethe