The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tales of Thievery
The Volunteer Gig

Late night, around twelve, two men and a cart pulled up in the alley way behind the Headquarters of the Alliance Volunteer Army. Setting to work, the first climbed up to the window overlooking the stairs on the inside. The second began to keep watch and listen for sound. Cutting a hole just large enough to unlock the window pane, the first man unlocked the large window and climbed inside.

Hieronymus quickly began to search around the dark room. He grabbed armor from their racks, books from their shelves, paintings from their hooks, and rugs from their laying space. He carved quite the bundle of goods from inside the dark and quiet building, making almost no noise as he moved back and forth. He threw a rug out of the window, the second man, Richy, catching it and placing it in the cart. He then hoisted himself up to the window to grab the goods being handed to him.

Fur and Tailored Rugs, Paintings of Lands Far and Near, Armor both Chain and Plate. They placed nearly all of it there. They even had to leave some things behind to make the cart not look suspicious. Richy climbed back down and pulled a black sheet over the cart's goods. He jumped up into the driver's seat as Hieronymus closed the window and placed the carved piece of glass back into it's slot. He then jumped back down onto the cart and Richy gave the Horse a slight tap.

Almost a dodgy fourteen minutes later, they arrived in Cut-Throat Alley. A shady man with a dim torch walked up to them and pulled his hood back. "I trust you have a load then? If not, my boys will rough you both up again for wasting my time." As he said that two large thugs stepped from the shadows and gave Richy and Hieronymus threatening looks.

Hieronymus jumped down nervously and pulled the sheet back. "Well it's here, sir. We ah... got plenty of goods. Paintings, rugs, armor... books. Whatever price ya think is best we think is great. Right Rich?" He looked to Richy who soon gave an assuring nod.

"Oh yeah, nah we got plenty of stuff for ya and.. ya know any price is fine." He looked over the cargo and grabbed a painting of the Redridge Highway. "I think... this looks... uh Lovely, sir."

"Shut up and get your grubby hands off of the merchandise then you little weasels. If you want to sell this stuff, don't handle it beyond putting it in the damned cart. Now I'll offer you... A single Gold for all of it." The old man stiffened up, pulling out a dim and bent gold coin. Hieronymus and Richy looked at one another and shrugged in unison.

"Sounds like we've got a deal then boss. We'll take that gold and you can have the goods." Hieronymus exclaimed trying to be calm and collect. "Although this stuff is from that Volunteer Army place.. could be worth maybe a few more silver?"

"Ask for a single copper over gold again, and Marst will loose yer teeth from yer head, boy. And besides, I am glad you did such a good job this time," He tosses the bent up gold coin at Hieronymus and grunts. "I might even let you in on better catches, might being the word there." The Old Man sighed. He waved a hand at the other man who then walked over to Hieronymus.

"Noice job little pincha. Paheps ya can do betta next toime." He then punched Hieronymus in the face and walked past him to help Marst unload the cargo. When Hieronymus awoke, in the back of the cart, Richy was driving them back to their spot in Old Town.

"Damn he hit's like a steam tank don' he..." He grumbled as he rubbed the dried blood from his nose. "Let's hitch the horse and get some shut eye..." The two of them went inside, after Richy hitched the Horse.

We'll see what they do next in Tales of Thievery.

( For GM's, Curious Folk, and people of the AVA alike here is the thing so I am not shot at.

Sannas' was cool with it and I believe there is an alley that runs between the buildings behind there. Any questions let me know!)
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Deal with the Devil

Walking into a quiet and sleepy Stormwind, Hieroynmus found little trouble getting into the city with four odd weapons on his back. Each on coated black, with a sort of haze on it. Hiero walked on towards Cut-Throat alley, not far from the Trade District. All thoughts inwards at what he was about to do.

Nearly three days earlier, Hieronymus was captured by a Fel-Sworn, Marianna. Though he did not know her name, he had an inkling of fear of her. He knew that he was going to go against her wishes, to sell the weapons and keep the profits. Over the first bridge, into Old Town. The thought railed his mind "What if she finds out? Would she be able to find me?" He stopped a moment, setting the bag of weapons down on the ground. He paced back and forth uneasily. He had no wish to die, however it would have been inevitable. Shamus, the Old Man, would surely kill Hieronymus or at least have a hit on his head for not providing any more 'goods'. Marianna would kill him if he sold the weapons to Shamus.

This though proved to be heavy, Hieronymus couldn't wait any longer. He decided that Shamus was the larger threat. Shamus could easily send out at least three assassins, and countless spies, that either owed him a favor or they were on a payroll. Hieronymus could have attempted to go into hiding, yet he is far too clumsy to avoid a dedicated and desperate man like himself. He grabbed the sack of weapons and slowly walked onwards. Over the second bridge, walking around the Dwarven District.

Hiero's nerves were completely wacked, anxiety was taking over slowly. He reached the entrance to the alleyway, two large men stood there. "Look'e e'er! We got us the l'il blimey one, Marston!" Said the first man.The second laughed and walked back into the alley. A couple moments later an old man walked out.

Shamus stood there, he laughed a moment. "SO! Back from nowhere, Hieronymus? You know you ought to not have come back so empty handed. A few blackend and burne weapons will not make the quot, boy." Shamus' crooked and boney hand pointed out at Hieronymus and the weapons on his back. Hiero began to sweat badly.

-----

Will continue this when I can. This new computer isn't agreeing with me very well.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tales and Legends across Azeroth FlyingSquirrel 0 877 06-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Tales of Hyjal ImagenAshyun 1 1,406 06-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Tales of the Adventurer Ruibarra 1 701 08-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  Biggs the Bard's Tall'n'Tough Tales Zenethen 0 649 07-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Kuggernaut: Tales of a Wandering Ogre Thoradin 0 679 07-25-2013, 03:46 PM