The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Whatever happened to Silvermoon?
I remember, back when I first started here, Silvermoon used to be quite the hub for RP. Nowadays, I rarely see more than one or two people there at any one time. What happened to everyone?

I've heard that Silvermoon RP ends up as 'boring tavern RP', or that everyone there just ends up ERPing, and honestly I'm surprised by these viewpoints. The RP you can get there is what you make it, like anywhere else.

There's lots of empty rooms and buildings too, where you can do whatever secret dealings you might want to partake of, or open a shop, or 'claim' a guildhall. Warlocks need not fear having their 'catacombs' raided and your character hunted down, because warlockery is openly practised. Paladins, you can either be true to the light, or a power stealing Blood Knight. Rogues, there's always a place for you in Blood Elf society. Mages are a -huge- part of Silvermoon, seeing as magic has always been an integral part of the Elf city, and pretty much keeps (what's left at least) all together and functioning. The history of Silvermoon and Belf society in general has a lot of potential for fun interactions between interesting characters, with all their flaws and racial quirks... yet the city is deathly quiet.

I think it's a shame this city has fallen into disuse, and would love to see more players there... partly because I don't like having a character that can magically travel the world in unreasonably short timespans just to chase down RP. Why is it Belf characters are seen all over Azeroth... anywhere but Silvermoon?
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Rogue.
It's a shame any place gets falled into disuse whether it be Silvermoon, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Stormwind. The whole world is a great place for RP, complaining however tends to cause nothing about it. Planning on stirring RP there is what gets things done.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Oh, this wasn't meant as a complaint. Players will go where they wish, for whatever RP they like. I was just trying to figure out whay happened, and why did seemingly so many players lose interest in playing there.

I'm all for stirring things up, but I can't do it alone.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Rogue.
Well, having recently managed to pull off heavy RP in Theramore Isle, I can just say all it takes is you planning an event, asking in LFG, or anything.

RP spots tend to change with trends, one day Stormwind, another Theramore. And the next one Orgrimmar. It's a mood of the time.
Heh. I play in Sillymoon for two to three hours at the very least every day. And I go about through Quel'thalas on my RPs, too. 'S rather fun, actually. I know back in the day, Elil had a lot more fun there than nowadays.

But now the biggest problems with Silvermoon RP is that it's usually closed-off. Whatever reason it has for existing is a private one. I know I'm partly guilty of this one, but otherwise, there are times in which I just wander about aimlessly.

So, hit me up if you want RP there. I've got... what? Three BElves in the area.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
The main reason is that no one belongs there besides Blood Elves, and maybe a Forsaken or two.

Horde RP has declined, I'm not sure if it relates to the Heretic Circus being active in Alliance lands, or that Horde characters arn't accepted by the majority of the crowd, mostly alliance folk.

Tbh thiough, most Blood Elves should be fighting Undead somewhere, or looking for more items of power, not visiting Booty Bay. :3 There isn't enough BE's to go around.

I used to RP with Krian in SM, my BK, but there's just so much going on in Alliance lands that I find much more RP with my two humans than my two Horde guys.
I agree with McKnighter around this time its been Alliance RP, don't ask me why, but it really seems to be the main thing going on. I believe it is, because of all the new alliance guilds that are popping up. Hopefully sometime near the future it will come back so everyone can enjoy RP.
[Image: 8.jpg]
I agree with others who say it fluctuates because it does. Back in the day I used to be in SMC all day. Multiple events going on, City RP in any city gets old after awhile because you can't do warcraft-y things. Such as kick someone's ass. So i think most people prefer goblin towns because their shadier, and more interesting in the sake of conflict. I think Ogrimmar should get some nice RP but there is not really a good place to sit down have a drink like other places. It's a collage of huts with a table in the middle which is cool if that's how orcs get down but it gets boring rather fast.

As far as it now switching over to alliance, I think alliance has slightly always been more populated because humans quite frankly are the easiest race to roll. Still can be messed up as Human lore in azeroth is profoundly different than earth humans. Plus alliance has more of the DnD old school adventure crew. Got an elf, an alien dwarf, gnome and a human. That's standard squad.

Horde is much harder to play. Orcs are really complex, Forsaken have hard history. BE's not that hard, to me BE's are similiar to humans just vain, arrogant and other characteristics which can be seen in humans as well. Trolls complex and I can't role a convincing tauren still.

Once Jid finishes this crap he's on I'll probably be in SMC more often.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
The biggest and bestest suggestion that I can make any time people voice a concern about where roleplay is happening is to organize things that will have the intended results if you want. So if you want to make more roleplay in Silvermoon City, give people an incentive to be there; organize an event, throw a party, make a guild, do something. It might take some effort and it will most likely take time, but it will be much more successful.

These kinds of threads pop up all of the time requesting that people change some aspect of roleplay (where they're roleplaying, what they're roleplaying, how they're roleplaying) and they always degenerate into a series of complaints as the original topic gets twisted into something else. Unfortunately, these threads typically have little impact on the roleplay. The best thing to do is take initiative in-game and work towards the goals that you want.

Good luck!
Anski Wrote:It's a shame any place gets falled into disuse whether it be Silvermoon, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Stormwind or any other area, open field or forest. The whole world is a great place for RP, complaining however tends to cause nothing about it. Planning on stirring RP there is what gets things done.

Fix'd for great justice.
I actually planned on stirring things up in Silvermoon in the near future. Nothing big, but just to simulate whatever occurrances already go on in the city. However, I won't be able to get anything started until I'm certain I can connect to WoW at home without crashing our modem.
My thoughts are that since not a lot of people are ever in Silvermoon people see that and don't go there because they know they'll have more chance role playing somewhere else. I know I look where people are and head to there so I can find some role play.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened? Vind101 1 16,249 08-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  Silvermoon game crashes bug? Bitlordman 3 1,108 06-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Silvermoon military question requiem225 10 3,047 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Last Post: flammos200
  What just happened in the Initial Approval section. Qaza 8 1,545 09-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Last Post: noscere
  Silvermoon invaded-the second plague? Alakore 0 613 04-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Alakore