The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Steamwheedle Cartel (WIP)
((This is not the prettiest guild post and it's a bit rough. Please please please give feedback. Point anything out to me that seems odd. I wrote this sort of rushed in between classes and haven't had much time to look over it. I give a lot of credit to the old guild's wiki. EDIT: I am looking for a co-leader. Someone that will be active a lot and can watch over it while I am not on. Shoot me a PM and we'll rap it out.))

The Steamwheedle Cartel

The Steamwheedle Cartel is a neutral organization striving for profit. The Cartel 'Turf' reaches far across Azeroth and stretches to every major Goblin city. It is ran by the Trade Prince Steamwheedle. The Cartel makes decisions based on the best monetary outcome and sell their services to those who can pay them the highest. They do not take sides during any conflict for this is how they have grown to be the most successful Goblin trading business. Anybody can join if they are able to contribute to the growing of the economy.

Remember, with money and power comes danger.

Ranks of the Steamwheedle Cartel and their duties

Trade prince– This is the highest rank. The trade prince(ss) runs the Cartel. Off limits to players being as it is considered a lore character.

Mogul – The mogul is the “hand” of the Prince, and the Prince has lots of hands. They run corporations, dole out orders, etc. Off limits to players for power purposes.

Baron– The law of the lands of the Trade Princes. Off limits to players for power purposes.

Overseer- This is the head of the whole merchant operation. They are the last-resort go-to guy for any severe issues. Any major violations of Cartel guild law is to be taken to this person. This position is held by guild leader.

District Overseers– Second in power. All major decision must go through them concerning specific areas in which they are assigned. They are expected to make the best decisions regarding gold.

Brute Overseer- This person keeps people in check. They are the ones who keep an eye on all hired, non-Bruiser guards within certain districts. Problems with any Cartel assigned guards will be brought to this person's attention. They also screen and check the qualifications for anyone seeking a brute force job with the Cartel.

Admirals– This goes to people with military experience. Their job is to observe conflicts within Azeroth and give advise on proper economic decisions. They may also keep an eye on lower members to assure no one is taking specific sides, be it Horde or Alliance. They report violations to their Distric Overseer.

Traders /Merchants– This is where the money comes in. They travel and set up business connections. They are expected to keep careful records of business associations. Traders usually are the middle man for transferring goods. Merchants are more self-reliant and hold their own business; they join the Cartel for tax benefits and protection.

Brute Force- The muscle for any of the higher ranks. They are employed by that person. Brute force is what they are for. They are about the same rank as a worker. They only have final word over the workers in regards to the safety of their superior.

Workers– They do the dirty work. If a Merchant needs crates stacked, they stack them. If an Admiral needs something delivered, they deliver it. They must answer to their superior. They each work for a specific Admiral, Trader, or Merchant. Their wage is decided by that individual.

Slaves– The gong farmer of the Cartel. Free labor any members have earned through kidnapping, blackmail, or pure intimidation. They are disposable and tend to be used for extremely dangerous tasks or decoys. Any member has authority over them. BUT their owner has final word.

Member Expectations

Members are expected to do as their rank requires. Unless otherwise directed, you keep to your job. But members are advised to keep an ear out for any suspicious of possibly profitable activity. You always answer to your superior. Punishments are handled by the employer, owner, or in severe cases, Overseer or District Overseer.

Do not take sides in any faction conflicts. Remaining neutral is key in the success of the Cartel. Any member found out showing preference will be handled according to the level of their violation. Also, this organization is for gold, gold, and gold.

Keep your mind on your money and your money on your mind.

OOC Information

-This Guild does NOT give you control over any Bruiser or Cartel area. If you are a member, you will not even be a rank to have real power outside of guild members. Guard abuse and NPC manipulation are against server rules. You are not a Bruiser. Period. Report any violations to a GM.

-To request membership, please contact HownDoog. You won't be rejected if it all happens ICly though. The OOC contact is to just give a heads up so I can find a time to work this out.

-It is suggested your character is of a Neutral or Evil alignment. If they are any variation of Good, they should have problems with the inner workings of the Cartel.

-Our locations are, of course, within Cartel cities. The Capital being Gadgetzan. This does not mean our members do not travel for business purposes.

-This guild also has intentions of keeping your RP open. You will be allowed to travel and attend certain events. The only thing to keep in mind is your require neutrality and the lust for gold. The Steamwheedle Cartel is more of an affiliation and job rather than a binding contract.

For references and more information on the Lore of The Steamwheedle Cartel:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Steamwheedle_Cartel
"Everybody sees what you appear to be, few feel what you are..."
-Niccolò Machiavelli
Looks good so far mate, dunno what ya really want from me here... Are they still going to take part in illegal activities like last time? They gonna have slaves still I guess they are. Better keep my cow away.
Yes. This is about gold. Illegal is the best part of the guild.
-Niccolò Machiavelli
Chaotic Neutral should work just fine here, right?
It should do fine, yep yep.
-Niccolò Machiavelli
The nice thing about cartel cities is that nothing like that is actually illegal (As long as it's being supported by the cartels that is). Slavery is considered an honest form of work, a drug dealer is welcome to the cartel with open arms, and assassins are a vital part of the goblin hierarchy.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Exactly. That's the beauty of this guild. Booty Bay is a slumhole and it takes a lot to piss the bruisers off.
-Niccolò Machiavelli
Okay. I'm going to use this weekend to get the guild set up a bit.

Anyone interested should either send an in game mail to Joselyn or PM me.

It is possible to have past history with the Cartel.
This will actually be needed for some of the ranks being as we can't have noobs in high power.
Just let me know.
-Niccolò Machiavelli
Wow, this guild still lives on in another incarnation. It seems more g-rated than the original, heh.
Have you seen this?:
http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Steamwheedle_Cartel (Though going by the ranks, I'm assuming you've seen this already) Feel free to borrow any elements you find appealing.
(Hope I'm not Necroing this thread)
˜★Sketch Blog
Does this guild still exist? :)
Most awesome signature of Cap'n Scila! Check check check!

Spoiler:
[Image: f7247.png]
Don't believe so. Had a character in it, but either he was kicked out or the guild was disbanded.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
It should come back!
Most awesome signature of Cap'n Scila! Check check check!

Spoiler:
[Image: f7247.png]
Me and Cervantes were just in the process of getting the GM teams go ahead to remake this guild >.< So I would be very much interested and would love to be part of this guild and help in anyway I can. I'd very much like to talk so if you could send my a PM or give me a shout in game :) I will most likely be on Spark or Greylon at the moment so I very much look forward to hearing from you. :)
I'm a saint in sinner's eyes.
I am here to confirm I have abandoned this guild. I think it is still made in game, so I'm logging on to give it to Spark. Anyone interested should contact Cervantes or one of Sparks characters.
-Niccolò Machiavelli
Expect an updated version soon :)
I'm a saint in sinner's eyes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Blackwind Cartel Karunzo 9 1,476 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Karunzo
  The Steamwheedle Cartel [NEW] Spark 5 1,041 02-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Spark