The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Surry-Bowl II!
The warriors have healed. The stars have aligned. And Surienna has found another bowl while digging around in the woods. The time has come! Prepare yourself for...

[Image: surrybowl2.jpg]

That's right, ladies, gentlemen, gentleladies, and ladies-men, the Surry Bowl II!

Are your alts ready to fight in the biggest, most sensational tournament since Varian Wrynn fought that guy in that comic that nobody read? Will they find themselves in the winner's circle, holding the coveted Surry-Bowl, or on the sidelines, watching the action? Either way, they will thank whatever (probably dead) parents they have for giving birth to them in time to experience the action, the excitement, and the corporate sponsorship of the greatest event in Azerothian athletics!

Revel in the violence of six individual tourneys!

Stare in wonderment at the eye-opening half-time show!*

Anticipate the glorious prizes you could receive!

Question how Surienna got to be the judge of anything as she most likely flips out on someone for some reason!

Set in the bustling settlement of Forest Song, mere yards from the Warsong menace, enjoy the hospitality of the Oathkeepers once more, and see the greatest warriors of the Alliance do battle! The tournaments will begin at 2:00 PM server-time, on Saturday, September 11th!

If you would like to know more about the format of the event, this link would be happy to provide you with further explanation, and will probably throw in a complimentary snow-cone, to boot.

Speaking of complimentary, the Surry-Bowl II is brought to you by...

[Image: kiltemporium.jpg]

[Image: gnomacola.jpg]

Gnoma-Cola: The technologically-advanced beverage.

[Image: shmexycola.jpg]

Shmexy-Cola: Tastes just like Gnoma-Cola!

... Yeah, that's our sales-pitch, you wanna fight about it?

[Image: stormwindng.jpg]

and...

[Image: aroes.jpg]

If you would like to help sponsor the Surry-Bowl, send a self-addressed envelope with two or three stamps and a couple of bucks to cover the gas to:
  • Seraphim
    Seraphim's PM Inbox
    Coth Forums, The Internet, 13371

*Also, if you would be at all interested in performing during the half-time at this year's Surry-Bowl, send a similar envelope to the same address, but include a headshot, an armshot, maybe a knee-shot or two, and a demo CD. Surienna had arranged for the entertainment, but it seems that they were eaten by a Devilsaur. She then attempted to get the Devilsaur to perform, as a condolence, but he is apparently screening his mailbox.

After the break, we'll talk about strategies for sticking at the top of the key, and Serenwylde will be in the studio to tell us how her life was changed after winning last year's Surry-Bowl. Stay tuned!

Edit: Note the changed time! It seems the person responsible for scheduling, who isn't me at all, in any way, shape or form, forgot how to convert time zones. I give you my assurance that this person, and the horse they rode in on, have been sacked. Thank you!
[Image: UzMPvzA.gif]
Oh God. . . Please stop. . . .I'm laughing so hard. So very. . .Very. . .Hard. . . . Goddarn it. I've never been happier about having Fridays off in my entire life. Thanks to that, I can attend.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I would likely attempt to attend, but that depends on if I can manage to stay up long enough...if I can, count in one of my characters for the unarmed fighting.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

...wow...
[Image: its-beautiful.jpg]
(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste Bunny onto your signature.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

(\__/) o|= o|= o|=
\( ;..; )/ o|=
( __ ) o|= o|=

^ ^

angry ill-fated enemies who were

bunny unfortunate to be around when

paroxysmal attack occurred
You can count on Serenwylde being there.

Nothing more fun than a crazy, old-fashioned Kaldorei brawl.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Count Aroes there as well :)

... Rorbin will be there to kick some Elven ass.

Or Eirtahl. Whatever.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Iscaro will probobally be there.
[Image: 8.jpg]
We hope you're strapped into your seats, preferably by some kind of strong rope or metal wire. Forget bungee cords, because this news will make you puke your pants with excitement!

The Surry-Bowl Flying Machine Cam has taken wing above the tourney grounds to give you a special sneak peek of the finished stadium. Also, we have the Gnome responsible for the design, and we'll be asking him the questions you want the answers to!

Not 'Why are the hot dogs so expensive,' though. He isn't quite sure on that, and neither are we.

Without further delay, let's start in with those pictures!

[Image: surrybowl1.jpg]

A beautiful view of the grounds, there, and coming up we have a shot of the vendors who make this event possible every year. Make sure to visit their stalls before the fights and grab a drink along with a kilt of your choice. With McGreggor's Kilt Emporium, you can't go wrong!

[Image: surrybowl2.jpg]

Now the flying machine is coming up behind the main entrance, giving us a fantastic view of the stadium's seating arrangements, and it looks like... Yes, our camera has caught footage of a sparring match in-progress! It's simply inspiring to see this year's combatants so eager to hone their skills and acclimate themselves with the environment.

[Image: surrybowl3.jpg]

And here we see a close-up of the match, which... Appears to be over, now.

[Image: surrybowl4.jpg]

Hm. Well, that really doesn't seem fai- OH! Yes! A shocking turn of events, for sure. Now the flying machine appears to be heading North, flying over the pristine archery field for the Ranged Combat Tournament. Those targets look cocky now, but you can bet that they'll need to go through some pretty rigorous training to be ready for the big day.

[Image: surrybowl5.jpg]

Beautiful.

Now, in the studio with us is Hemrin Tinkertonk, the acclaimed engineer who designed and oversaw the construction of the Surry-Bowl Stadium in Forest Song.

How are you, Hemrin?

Engineer Tinkertonk: "Can't complain, Jim! Really can't."

I'm glad to hear that, considering that your race is the victim of its own rampant technological overdevelopment, with nothing but an irradiated city to show for your hundreds of years of research and discovery.

Engineer Tinkertonk: "..."

Now, what was your initial design for the stadium? How did you think of it?

Engineer Tinkertonk: "Well, honestly, Phil, I thought of it when I was eating breakfast one day. I was eating a bowl of Crunchy Grain Cubes, when my gyrometric table started bucking wildly! I later found that it was an error in the kinetic interface system, but that isn't the point-"

Mmh. I imagine that your bowl spilled.

Engineer Tinkertonk: "Well, yes! Which, in terms of breakfast, is a catastrophic failure. I was about to torch the table for just that reason, when I realized that the perfect shape for the stadium would be a semi-sphere! An upside-down bowl, so to speak. I drew up the design, which ended up around 800 feet high at the top, with geometric solar facilitators which would allow trace amounts of light to control the internal temperature of the dome. The stairs, which made up for a good three square miles of the design, were to be made out of elasticized ceramic, and the seats would all come with advanced beverage-cooling devices in the arm rests."

And what happened?

Engineer Tinkertonk: "The blue Elf said 'Just put up some friggin' chairs.' She then grabbed the original blueprints from me and ate them."

Ate them?

Engineer Tinkertonk: "Ate them."

I imagine you were pretty crushed.

Engineer Tinkertonk: "..."

Your eye is twitching. Do you want, um... Thank you for being on the program, Hemrin! We really enjoyed having you.

Engineer Tinkertonk: "So, do I get paid for this, or-"

Haha. Hah. Ahhh.

Stay tuned for more coverage of the Explosive Surry Bowl II, or wallow in regret for the rest of your life! The choice is yours!
Welcome back, live, here at the Surry-Bowl stadium! The feeling in the air is one of pure electricity, let me tell you, and there's no one here who isn't ready for a piece of the action! Whether they're here for the fighting, the vendors, or the half-time entertainment, everyone is looking to have a fantastic time.

[Image: surrybowlline1.jpg]

As you can see, there's a line to get tickets for the event, which is odd, because admission is free and doesn't require a ticket. Nonetheless! There are people stretching as far back as... My word.

[Image: surrybowlline2.jpg]

Well, at any rate. Since we're here at the grounds, we decided to talk to one of the vendors at this year's Surry-Bowl, Dougal McGreggor of McGreggor's Kilt Emporium!

Hello, Dougal, nice to finally meet you!

McGreggor: "Och! Buy a kilt, ya pansy, or I'll rip out yer eyeballs an' use 'em fer cufflinks!"

You don't have cuffs. Or Sleeves. You're really just wearing a kilt, and some kind of horrible, violent-looking pauldrons.

McGreggor: "Those're where I keep th' organs of th' paple who won't buy a sodding kilt! Buy one! They're cheap!"

Well. Thank you, Dougal! It was a pleasure talking with y-

McGreggor: "Oi! Buy a kilt or sod off, ya fairy!"

Ah, yes.

Quaint.

On a slightly different vein, we also heard just recently... Oh, I'm getting an update on my radio... Yes! The rumors are true! The all-female band, The Sentinels, have been contracted to play at this year's Surry-Bowl Halftime event! Fantastic!

Not only that, but judging by the cheers coming from the line... They're here! I can see them, and they look to be coming in on matching Nightsabers. I'm going to see if I can catch up to them, and ask a few questions of these three intrepid young ladies!

(The sound of running and labored panting ensues.) Man... (More panting.) I should've... Rolled Worgen...

Sentinels! Sentinels!

Tysha (Vocals): "No autographs, please!"

Kyra: (Rhythm): "Oh, c'mon, Tysha!" (She giggles.) "Here, have a shirt! It's made to look like we signed it, at least!"

Keldara ("Throat-Strings"?): "..."

No, ladies, I- Oh, y'know, that is a really nice fit. But, no! I'm with NESPN! Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?

Kyra: (Rhythm): "NESPN? Non-Elegant Short Person Nudity?"

Tysha (Vocals): "Never Eat Sand Pears, Nobundo?"

No, we... Suffice it to say, we're covering the Surry-Bowl! Is it true that you're performing at the halftime show? Do you know what song you're going to play?

Tysha (Vocals): "We haven't decided yet. But whatever it is, it will rock your socks, melt your faces, and give your eardrums a 20 DKP plus!"

... What... What does that mean, exactly? That last one.

Kyra: (Rhythm): "We dunno!" (Another giggle.) "Girl power!"

Well, there you have it. This is easily shaping up to be the most exciting Surry-Bowl yet. For those who can't make it to the tournament, stay tuned, and we'll be there to add stupid, meaningless commentary as you watch! See you there, folks!
((Just a quick post to say that the event is postponed until this Saturday at 2, server time. Thank you.))
That was simply terrific. No, spectacularly so.

From the thread to the actual event itself, just gorgeous.
Very well done Seraph!
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I wish I had an alliance character! :o
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Thank you to everyone that came! I really appreciate the kind words. <3

For those who requested them, here are the lyrics to "7th Legion Army" as sung by the Sentinels. Who I guess are the first Kal'Dorei accapella group in the history of Kalimdor.

Spoiler:
I'm gonna fight 'em all... A 7th Legion army couldn't hold me back!
They're gonna rip it up- Burning down our trees right behind our backs.
And I'm talkin' to myself at night, because I can't forget...
Back and forth through my mind, it's the Warsong threat.
And the message comin' from my eyes says burn their homes!

Don't wanna hear about it. Every single one's got a story to tell.
Everyone knows about it. From the King of Stormwind down to Morbent Fel.
And if I catch 'em comin' back this way, I'm gonna cleave 'em in two.
And that ain't what they want to hear, but that's what I'll do.
And the feeling coming from my bones says crush their home!

I'm going to Theramore- Far from this forest forevermore.
I'm gonna fight the Horde- Push them back to a blood-red shore...
And I'm bleedin', and I'm bleedin', and I'm bleedin' right before Elune.
All the fear is gonna bleed from me, under the light of the moon.
And the stains comin' from my blood tell me to defend my home!

And in case it wasn't horrendously obvious, it is a parody of this song:

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL4GPavajhI[/youtube]

Would you like to see the Sentinels again at next year's Surry-Bowl? Let me know here what you thought of the half-time, or any other parts of the tourney, so I can make the Surry-Bowl III even more explosive. Have screenshots? Put those up too!

Also, I wanted to note that there was a change in the number of tourneys, largely because the event, as it was, took up six hours. That was never my intention, so we obviously had to cut back on something. Apologies to those who were looking forward to weapon-and-shield. We'll be looking into ways to keep the event to a significantly shorter timeframe, next time around.

Again, a heartfelt thanks to the attendees!