The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Elven Death Knights
A thought has occurred to me lately regarding Blood Elven Death Knights. . .

If a High Elf/Blood Elf was to fall during the attack of the Scourge against Quel'thalas, then they would of died as a High Elf and had no contact with the Fel Magic which turned them into Blood Elves. Thus, as a Death Knight, they would still remain a High Elf.

I can understand why they would be a part of the Blood Elf faction though as they are Death Knights and would most likely be seen as part of the Blood Elves. That along with their will to return to their homeland would probably give them a place within the Horde.

What are your views on the matter?

Quote:Before the High Elves turned Blood Elf, most of the dead elves were reanimated during the Third War, long before the Scourge was mass-producing DKs (they would have become stock zombie soldiers or banshees.) By the time they began, the High Elves of Silvermoon had already turned Blood Elf. The majority of Belf DKs would have been animated long after the destruction of Qual'thalas. They would have been animated at the same time Orcs and Tauren would logically have been animated...immediately after the events of BC. The Belves have been fighting the Scourge near constantly since the events of WC3, so there is no shortage to corpses that could have been potentially animated then.

Quote:All of the third-generation DKs were animated and trained after a certain point in WoW lore. In fact, if you go through the quest chain, the third-gen DKs weren't trained so much as animated and then immediately put to work.

While the expansions coincide with this, the fact is that third-gen DKs were all made at roughly the same time. Because Draenei are among those numbers, the animation had to have happened after the events of BC, as otherwise they would have been elsewhere and not on Azeroth. Similarly, it would make no sense for the Scourge to have high elf bodies lying around for the years between Reign of Chaos and Rise of the Lich King, they would have put those bodies to work long ago (and, in fact, they did, during Reign of Chaos.) Putting elven bodies on ice for later use is a catastrophic waste, particularly given how easy it is to get dead bodies whenever you want. Why waste time?

If you want more proof, though, I would go to WoW-Wiki and read the information of the Knights of the Ebon Blade: http://www.wowpedia.org/Knights_of_the_Ebon_Blade They were created (or so they were told) expressly for the fight against the Scarlets there. It would make no sense at all, then, for them to have been High Elves, since they turned Blood Elf as early as Frozen Throne.

A High Elven DK of the Ebon Blade is rather far-fetched unless it was one of the few High Elves still loyal to the Alliance after the Blood Elven split. It's not a good idea anyway, due to our policy on High Elves.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Ah, yes. It was simply a curious thought of mine, I didn't plan on doing anything with it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Help with Blood Elven lore wsemler 4 1,097 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Death Knights. Ukarai 7 1,833 05-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Nick
  Blood Elven Views on Demonology Nephuria 21 4,029 04-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Grogloki