The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Death Knights.
I'm curious as to how I go about making a Death Knight. I have a concept for one that I'm eager to put to use, but they require level fifty-five. I'm wondering if you need to have Gruntship before you create one, or how this works, and what level they can get to before getting approved.
... Nevermind, I'm blind. I didn't see the earlier post.
Hey sugar! Definitely need to be a grunt before you can make one because the only way to get to 55+ is to have a character approved (to get to level 80).

:)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Also getting a Death Knight down from level 55 will break the game. Jus' saying. *finger snap*
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

(05-14-2012, 03:59 PM)Ukarai1123 Wrote: [...] what level they can get to before getting approved.

Regarding this specific question, it's whatever level you acquire by the time you complete the death knight initial zone. Leaving the zone before completing the questline potentially causes complications, but the level at which this occurs depends on how many quests are completed (or are capable of being completed!) by that point.

After that, they shouldn't be leveled until approved.
The level isn't an issue. It's just the rule you be a Grunt, however, you can write the profile up and create the DK after you gain gruntship. I don't think there'd be a problem with that...
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Just know your lore for the race they hail from. /nod
If I had a cookie for every time I made a mistake, I'd probably be the size of a whale...

[Image: whatcolor_isblack.jpg]

Kittens!(Characters!)
Spoiler:
Lientos Shadevale
Veris
Eirsoleth Palchimer

So if Arthas wasn't killed off in WotLK, wouldn't he have been able to decimate Deathwing in about five seconds? So by killing Arthas and wrecking the Scourge, the Heroes of Northrend actually screwed the world over by allowing the Cataclysm to occur.

Talk about major fail.
The whole "needs to be a Grunt" is actually a hard coded restriction, if that matters at all. You have to have a character over level 60(?) and it just happens that we restrict characters without a profile to level 50.
(05-15-2012, 10:03 AM)Kaghuros Wrote: The whole "needs to be a Grunt" is actually a hard coded restriction, if that matters at all. You have to have a character over level 60(?) and it just happens that we restrict characters without a profile to level 50.

It's not so much hard coded as it's Kretol choosing not to allow it. If Kretol wanted peons to be able to create DKs, he'd just lower the necessary level in the configuration file for the server.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Blood Elf Death Knights.. Bingles 22 4,702 03-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Fortwit
  Creation of Death Knights Fortwit 5 1,694 07-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Dragonbeard
  Living Death Knights and Other Questions hiddengecko 26 4,160 01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Last Post: BountyHunter