The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

I can connect, but nobody shows up online.
As the name implies, I can connect to the server somewhat, I can log on to any one of my numerous characters, but I cant see anyone online or type in any form of channel. What happens is I open WoW via .exe, as per usual, type in my password and log in, there I select my character and enter the world normally. What's different is that none of the chat channels initialize upon entering like they normally do, I get the welcome to CotH message and everything but that's about it.

Anything that has to do with an internet connection isn't there. What I mean is my friends list is blank, the who tab is blank even upon clicking refresh, even the channel tab has all the chat channels listed as gray and not there. It's like I'm in a void of nothingness, because all my personal data and addon items are there, just nothing connection wise.

I can stay in this state for up to 10 minutes before I get Disconnected, which is weird because most problems of this nature you're not suppose to select your character and walk around the world for minutes on end.

I'll point out that I do have another copy of WoW that I just recently used to log onto another private server for the fun of it. CotH takes priority so I deleted both files' cache and put both realmlists back to CotHs but still I can't fully connect, any tips?
Aanya Ambersong- The conflicted Soldier of Fortune.
Julianah Graven- The fanatically self righteous Zealot of The Light.
Shaavi- The Fighter who is willing to test her mettle against everyone, and everything.

"Keep an open mind, it'll do you good."
This may be caused by my torrenting the PTR client. I'm almost done, so hopefully this should stop happening afterwards.
Oh ok, that might be causing it. Did you by chance start downloading it a little after 9 o'clock central? That's when I first noticed this problem occurring.
Shaavi- The Fighter who is willing to test her mettle against everyone, and everything.

9 central? No... I started at around 9ish my time, though (Server/Pacific). Perhaps it's some other connection issues, though.
Then my hopes for a simple fix have been utterly crushed. I've been banging my head against the wall for the past several hours, but I think I'm getting somewhere. If not I'll just have to nuke it with the repair utility and if worst comes to worst, reinstall... *Shudder*

Do you use a wireless or wired connection?
Wireless right now, and I have been using this same connection for about 97% of my time on CotH.

You need to stop crashing, I keep trying to say "Hello! It's been so long since I last saw you!" but it's just not working out for me.
BountyHunter Wrote:You need to stop crashing, I keep trying to say "Hello! It's been so long since I last saw you!" but it's just not working out for me.

I appear online?! Lmao, I've been logging in and disconnecting so many times now, I'm sorry! It's very strange you say that because I can't see a single person online, it's like I'm a ghost all alone trying to get to the world of the living.

Does your wireless use g or b? If the prior, try switching it to b-only and see if that helps.
No, switching it to B-only did not help. If it's of any importance, every NPC and even my characters name is labeled as "Unknown" the entire time.

What operating system? Have you tried restarting your computer?
I use Windows Vista and I have tried to restart my computer as well as my modem and router, nothing hardware related seems to be helping.

Have you gone ahead with running Repair, yet?
I was going to give it another five minutes of checking everything I ever changed in the WoW files, but I'm going to go ahead and run the repair tool now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to Connect. Blairin 36 5,517 07-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Blairin
  Cannot connect. PhilGobatto 2 1,040 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Last Post: PhilGobatto
  Cannot connect RageFlayer 1 805 10-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Bingles
  Can't Connect Phases 3 1,015 08-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Can't connect wsemler 7 1,801 04-05-2012, 05:25 AM