The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Shadows and Dust: Part I
[Image: Untitled-1-1.png]

[Image: ShadowsDust.png]

During an informal meeting in Azshara Crater, the Force of Reckoning was presented with a letter from a distressed individual from the Lakeshire town council. It seems that there has been an alarmingly large increase in the activities of the Blackrock Necromancers and Warlocks in recent weeks, and the people of Lakeshire have been living in terror.

As Alliance military presence in the area is already stretched thin, the councilman sent a letter to Sylvandre Cloudtear, founder of the Pride, whose reputation in the area preceded them. Sylvandre passed the message on to the council and a consensus was reached that something must be done about this threat!

We'll start by investigating the threat. Though the Blackrock Orcs have long had a presence in these lands, this new found aggression and volatility may be the sign of a much darker force behind it all.

OOC:

This event will begin at 10am Server time on Sunday, the 26th of September

Although there were many at the meeting, word has not yet reached everyone involved. If you've been involved with previous activities of the movement, or are a trusted ally of someone involved, feel free to show up! Alliance are meeting just south of Lakeshire on the road, and Horde will meet just to the North of town.

This will be the first in a three-part event. You'll need to be there at 10am server sharp, as there's a Scarlet event at 1pm and we don't want to clash. We've got a roll system to streamline the fights, and you'll need to have your wits about you, as there are mental challenges as well as physical!

Also, keep an eye out for Bonus objectives. You may or may not be told what they are, so be sure to pay close attention.

Lastly, while I don't want to limit people from RPing, I'd ask of players not involved not to show up. If you want to get involved, PM someone involved and we'll be happy to try to work something out, but don't just show up and expect to be included.
Hope you all enjoyed it! Feel free to PM me feedback or post it here.
Nice idea for the event. However, I personally felt there was -very- little wiggle room for logical things to happen and I felt like I did not affect things much. Whether I emoted or not, the NPC would be hurt or not, regardless. Therefore, the time limit on non-group leaders seemed irrelevant. Things seemed predestined. Or maybe I'm not understanding the roll system.
Perhaps I sound like I'm complaining about losing, but to me it makes sense that one of our healers would tend to the NPC with the sliced neck. Not stand there and go "duh" during the fight, or once the orcs are dead. But, I suppose if we did things like that we would run over our time limit today.
To sum up: I felt ineffectual, things felt pre-determined.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I understand where you're coming from, c0rzilla. In retrospect, we should have retconed to say that the prisoner was beheaded. I agree with the argument that the prisoner could still have been healed, but the issue was that the rolls to save him had failed, and therefore the objective had failed.

I apologize for not explaining the issue at the time, but we were trying to get the event done as quickly as possible for RP issues, as well as to avoid clashing with the Scarlet event in-game.
What he said. The basic idea was that based on how Knock and I liked the strategy the group came up with, we'd either give you an easy roll, or a hard roll. After the roll failed, we were both reluctant to let the group succeed. That's my bad, I should have just had the orc rip off his head :P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Reckoning in Redridge: Part I CappnRob 51 13,191 08-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Draenic Pilgrimage - Our haunting past - part III - Finale! (03-15-2014) Bovel 0 835 03-11-2014, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Draenic Pilgrimage - Our haunting past - part II (03-01-2014) Bovel 0 745 02-23-2014, 05:14 PM
  Draenic Pilgrimage - Our Haunting Past - part I (02-22-2014) Bovel 0 813 02-19-2014, 10:45 AM
  Rain on the Mountains: The Battle for the Cauldron - Part 2 (01-05-2014) Franksta96 1 917 01-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Dug