The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

And the Dust Rose Like Smoke [Gladiator]/[Complete]
FWOOH FWOOH FWOooh fwooh...

Kaz's throwing axe left his hand with the speed and power only an expert with the weapon can muster. As the weapon fled from it's master's hand, like a man running from a stampede of Kodo, it's ultra-sharp edge flickered with the smallest spark of electricity.

Fwooh fwooh...

As it moved toward the orc's head some meters away from Kaz, the small spark exploded into life, leaving behind a miniature trail from the head of the axe. It rotated one last time...

Fwooh...

Before making contact with the orc's skull.

Th-ck!

The green-skinned man stood completely still for a moment, before beginning to topple backward from the force of the weapon, but just as he began to fall, the magic imbued in the axe burst forward, sending the orc flying backward across the arena. He sailed through the air almost five feet, body completely limp, before slamming into the ground.

Thud.

Kaz turned to his left, and drew his two small hand-scythes from his side. He held them above his head, and let several bolts of electricity arc between them for the pleasure of the crowd, before confronting the two remaining enemies now in front of him. They were slaves, this, a match that Kaz was destined to win. It was a cruel fight, and Kaz knew it deep down, but he was getting payed too much not to continue. “Fo' da crowd...” He muttered, before twirling his two weapons in a flamboyant manner.

The two green-skins charged at the one-tusked mass of muscle, and arena-bound fury. The first raised a massive bone of a long-dead beast above his head with both hands, while the other pulled back a fist almost large enough to envelope Kaz's head. Their eyes were wild, like that of a rabid dog let loose in the streets of the bay; Kaz knew their type, he'd fought many like them before. They were wild, but predictable, always trying to strike the same way.

The troll met the orc on the left's club with his own right scythe, as the two connected, Kaz twisted his own weapon to disarm the first orc. As he moved, in the same fluid motion, he twisted his body around, so that his back was facing his opponents. His free left scythe met the second orc's face with the expected results. The scythe cut through the man's cheek, and then got caught in his lower jaw, completely piercing it. Blood began to leave the man's jaw like water from a faucet.

Kaz growled as he felt his weapon get stuck, and yanked down as hard as he could. The weapon dug further into the bone of the man's jaw, but pulled him down to the ground in any case. Kaz had to abandon his weapon in the man's face, much to the pleasure of the crowd. Now, as he turned to face the first orc, he was met by a solid kick to the chest, which knocked him backward onto his ass about three feet away.

It took him a moment to catch his breath, but that moment was all the first orc needed to pounce on his opponent, straddling Kaz's waist, the orc started to pummel the grounded troll's face. Kaz held his hands up to block the blows, but it did little to help. He went out on a limb, and tried to bring his sole weapon around, to smack the man with the dull, side of the blade.

He felt his weapon connect, his feeling confirmed when the rain of blows on him lightened up for a moment. The orc's weight shifted as he moved with the slam to the temple, and Kaz used that to push up off the ground. Before the orc even knew what was happening, Kaz was on top of him, the green-skinned slave being beaten time after time by the troll's fists. The orc was a bloody mess within moments, and with a long cut added down the length of his left arm via Kaz's scythe, he was slowly bleeding out.

Kaz grabbed the man by his short top knot, and pulled him up, the orc barely able to stand. He fitted the scythe around the man's neck, pulling his hair up as to show the crowd the orc's neck. For the last several fights, Kaz had been doing this... The crowd seemed to like it, and it put his scythes to good use, so, it ended up working out. Just as Kaz pulled back with the deadly-sharp inside curve of his scythe, the other orc staggered to a stand, scythe still in his jaw.

Kaz growled, not bothering to turn, finishing the job of slitting his current captor's throat first. He heard the sole orc charge, not caring to pull the weapon stuck in his face free. Even if he tried, it was likely stuck too far in by this point any way. The crowd roared, some screamed for Kaz, others for the orc. There were those still, who screamed just because blood was being shed, and in the most brutal way possible. Kaz finally turned to face his enemy, and as the man tried to tackle him down, Kaz stepped to the side.

As if in slow motion, he grabbed the handle of his weapon that was still lodged in the orc's jaw bone, and pulled as hard as he could. With the forward momentum of the orc, and the sudden stop of the weapon, the man's jaw was ruined in an instant; Kaz's scythe cut straight through the rest of his jaw bone, but in the same moment, dislocated it so far, that his jaw sagged off of his face, held on simply by the muscle tissue and skin.

The orc fell face first into the dirt, adding to the terrible jaw injury, instantly knocking him out. Kaz, the victor, raised his two bloody weapons high to the spectators, before stepping over to the jaw-less orc to slit his throat, just as with the man before him...

Kaz'zan took the final step off the ramp leading out of the grand arena, his padded blue foot making little noise as it touched the worn down stone that his ancestors had laid down. The troll wiped the blood from his face, and the gore from his shirtless chest, before looking around at the crowds around him. Aside from the occasional greeting from one of the men or women who had just seen Kaz's fight, it was like nothing had ever happened. Like three men hadn't just lost their lives in a fight that they could have never won...

The shaman looked back into the pit with a slight grimace, before turning to step into the river of people walking from the arena. He pushed his way through the crowd, until he reached a small haven from the arena-goers; An alcove to the side of the main walkway. It was here that he watched the people pass. The old, the young, the ancient... Everyone was willing (And happy) to watch the deaths of others, but there was little honor in killing the way Kaz was. He wanted something more, a challenge... He turned his head, eyes locking onto a slightly tattered piece of paper not a foot from his head.

Quote:-
-
THE PIT
Gladiator School and Training Ground

Post-Intermediate Training (Also known as P.I.T.) is held on Steamgear Island in the South Seas, where YOU can learn how to become a Gladiator TODAY! For the minimal fee of twenty gold. The ONLY requirement is that you have at least -some- minor experience in the arena or armed training. When you sign up, you'll learn how to;

-Fight with an array of weapons

-Get training from the best gladiators of our time

-Compete in formal competitions in our pristine gladiator pit

-And much much more!

Sign up today. Stop WATCHING the arena, and LIVE it! Look up at the crowd, and raise your sword, because with this simple three week process YOU can become the next great Arena Grandmaster!

Warning: Death or maiming is likely to occur when training with The P.I.T.
-
-

The troll yanked it down from the wall, and set back out into the crowd, making a beeline for his raptor. Once mounted, the young gladiator-to-be would spur his favored mount in the direction of Booty Bay to find the next ship launching out to Steamgear Island...
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Kaz led his raptor up the ramp of the sailing vessel on foot, looking behind him at several others also about to board the ship, among them a Night Elf who caught Kaz's eye. Not thinking twice about it, the troll ran a hand through his hair as he turned back to face the ship, noting the not-exactly-sturdy build of the boat. He put his raptor down in the lower deck of the ship, and let out a long sigh, before moving up to the upper deck. The sun was setting on the horizon, sending a dim red glow across the ocean, the calm sight causing the troll to bow his head in thought.

His moment of recalling the past was interrupted rather briskly however, by a small dark green goblin, “Alright big guy, let's see your dumb ass's ticket,” Kaz turned to look at the small man, and held out the paper ticket. The goblin grabbed it with a slightly disgusted look and spat back up at Kaz, “Just like a troll to crinkle the fuckin' thing...”

Spoiler:
The forest around Kaz seemed to emanate hate for the troll, branches tried to slam down on him, and roots tied themselves around his ankles. Soon, the only way he could get through the dense forest was to call on the element of fire, to burn his own path. Even then, the branches just out of reach swayed in his direction, and the innumerable amount of plants attempted to grab for him.

And then, just past a fresh pillar of flame, Kaz caught sight of the elf. The face seemed familiar... Like a ghost from the past, but soon the gladiator to be realized that this elf had the face of the elf he saw boarding the ship. The one who's eye caught Kaz's own. It seemed insignificant then, but looking back on it, there was malice in the man's gaze.

As Kaz thought about this, the trees about him began to topple, inches away from crushing him. The elf dead ahead stared at Kaz with a grim determination, his hands pulsing with green druidic magic. Try as the troll might, he could not avoid the whole forest, and within moments was consumed within the falling branches, speared by the limbs time and time again, his screams being drowned out by the thick treetops covering him.

Kaz bolted straight up from the swaying hammock on the vessel, drenched in sweat. Beads of sweat dotted his forehead as he awoke, his breathing erratic and heavy. Looking around in the pitch black interior of the ship, it took him a moment to realize where he was, but instead of drifting back off to sleep, he sat awake all night, trying to remember who in the name of the Loa that elf was, and how he knew him.

• • •

In the morning, Kaz slid down from his hammock, eyes heavy from lack of sleep. An orc, the green shade on his face accentuated by his seasickness, looked over at Kaz. The orc was as sleep deprived the night before as Kaz was, constantly running from the sleeping quarters of the ship, outside to release the contents of his stomach. If not for that pitiful display, the orc would be a terrifying sight.

The greenskin's beard was thin, obviously not having been grown for a long stretch of time, signifying that the young face beneath the beard had only recently become an adult. To parallel that however, were the nearly innumerable scars running up and down his bare chest and arms. Memories, from fights long past. The orc walked over to Kaz, and nodded, holding his hand out. The two shook forearms, the orc speaking first, "The name's Dax. Looks like you got almost as little sleep as I did, haha."

Kaz grinned weakly at the orc and nodded, "The spirits decided not to let me sleep last night, giving me visions instead..."

Dax eyed the troll for a moment, the ankh around his neck and the hilt tied around his waist signifying that he was in fact a shaman, "Oh! You are a shaman, I had no idea... Well, welcome welcome. Is this your first time to Steamgear Isle?" Kaz nodded. "Yeah, I remember my first time... Most people don't just stay once, but sometimes we'll get one of them real toughies and they get all the trainin' they need off the first trip. Any way, here, let me take you to the galley for breakfast," Dax said, not really leaving much of a choice for Kaz to deny the offer as the orc took him by the arm and dragged him off to the galley.

While the two ate their 'Sunday Surprise,' Kaz saw the elf walk into the galley, flanked on one side by an elf with similar facial characteristics. The two were obviously related somehow, and this time both of them stared daggers at the troll. Dax didn't seem to notice as he rambled on about his previous visits to Steamgear, Kaz nodding every once in a while, but his full attention was on deciphering how he knew that elf... And then it clicked.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

The following is written on a worn piece of paper.

Quote:Day twenty-four on Steamgear

Dear anyone,

It seems like forever that I have been here. Like these few weeks have been my whole life. Everything on me is sore... Almost to the point that holding this pen is a burden. For most on this island, it would be. Thankfully, I have the spirits to help ease the pain. Even then though, writing would be a burden for these people. Most can't even read, much less write.

Any way, I should start from the first day. The Night Elf, Kelnoran, has been the biggest issue since I have started my training here. At first I didn't know who he or his brother were, but I remembered eventually. He was one of the elves who's family I murdered in Ashenvale, during my time with the Warsong. He was just coming back as we finished the deed. I only saw him for a moment, but the burning hate in his eyes was seared into my mind, and for good reason...

What we did there that day was no honorable raid on the enemy. It was a savage lashing out, a need for blood. The death of a child is on my hands from that encounter. His child. That's how I know him, and that's how he knows me. His blade is always inching forward, trying to find the right time to strike. I suppose it's just an unlucky coincidence that we are both here.

Aside from that, my training goes well. They don't permit me to use magic in the ring, unless I fight against Kelnoran, my rival. They know we have a rivalry, but don't know how deep it runs. They think it is simply the differences in our faction, but that is beside the point.

Dax is doing well. This isn't his first time to the island of course, and it really shows. I've fought him several times, and each time he has won. He almost reminds me of Drumgar, but not really. The similarities stop past looks and the fact that they're both gladiators. Dax actually has a sense of humor.

Speaking of humor, raid on the women's barracks yesterday. Mayhem ensued, and poor Dax was sent to The Box. The Box... How to explain it? It's a terrible place. The hot tropical atmosphere doesn't help those who are forced into the cramped space. There are several of them, each used depending on race. For any of the however, the box is just big enough to stand or sit uncomfortably, but not lay down. The heat makes it like an oven, and more than one have come out of the box permanently damaged. A rune on the door prevents magic from being cast near it, which I found out when I attempted to give Dax a bit of conjured water.

I believe that's all for now, I doubt I'll get another chance to write to whoever receives this... Hopefully the spirits will guide this to someone I know.

Loa willing...

Sincerely,
Kaz

Kaz shoved the old piece of paper deep into the bottle, slamming the cork down onto it. The weary troll tossed it into the ocean, calling on the element of wind to push it out to sea, and asking the spirits to send the bottle to someone... Anyone that he knew. As the shaman turned, he saw Kelnoran leaning on a wall of the barracks. His dagger was drawn, idly being sharpened as the elf watched Kaz.

"Dat elf ain't not'een but trouble, mon..."
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Kaz circled his opponent like a wolf, sussing out it's prey. The human man was battered and bruised, barely able to stand, but as the two's training had taught them... Falling meant death, and death meant no pay. Before Kaz could pull another fist back to slam it into the man's face, the human threw himself at Kaz. The punch was weak, a desperate attempt at trying to harm the troll beyond the fresh bruise on his cheek, and a most-likely-broken rib.

He took the punch, sending him back a step, retaliating with a quick elbow to the man's forehead. It struck true, sending the man down to the ground in a daze, barely able to move. Blood began to pour from the impact point as the man's head hit back against the ground, the fight finally over. Kaz gripped his ribs, letting out a pained groan, exiting ‘the pit'.

As he walked out of the arena, under the shambled rafters, he received a few pats on the back from a couple of men hiding there while they took a smoke break. Dax was at the end of the row, waiting for Kaz with a joint lit and ready. The troll gladiator-to-be took it with a chuckle, nodding to Dax, “T'anks, gonna need dis... Fockin' human kicks like a jackrabbeet.” At the mention of the human's kick, Kaz ran his hand over his ribs again, letting out a sigh.

The trainers told Kaz he couldn't heal his wounds after fights, since he'd never learn how to avoid a hit if it didn't mean shit. Kaz knew they were right, but that didn't make it any easier.

He took another toke, before passing the joint on to Dax. The two peered past the feet of other spectators as they stood under the stands, watching the arena. Kaz patted Dax's shoulder as he moved to leave, the orc giving him a short wave and saying, “See you in a bit Kaz, gonna finish watching the next few fights.”

The troll turned, and began walking back toward the barracks, still rubbing his ribs. He gave a grimace to the sea, thinking of it more and more as his prison walls in this university of pain. He had signed a contract though, stating he would stay on the island, and he was a man of his word. His gaze shifted back to the barracks, where leaning against the door jam Kelnoran stood. The elf took a swig of some mystery substance from a water skin at his side, eyeing Kaz. The two locked eyes, Kaz warily squinting at him. He almost expected another scrap, one of many the two had gotten into. Next strike was the box, for both of them.

He managed to walk past the elf without incident, going to his bunk. Being on the top, and right across from the window, Kaz got to watch the sun set every night. The golden orb in the sky sailed down, it's bottom edge lightly kissing the horizon. The troll put his hands behind his head, propping his pillow up so he could watch. It was peaceful... One of the only times of the day when he wasn't being pelted by punches, or swung at by training swords. Plus, it reminded him of the Vale.

The Vale always brought back memories... Zealaya, Gatwazzak, Marwaz, Vol. He smirked, remembering the times the small group shared. He went through each memory, his eyelids growing heavier with each passing thought. Soon enough, he would be asleep.

• • •

Kaz woke, the barracks reeking of blood, sweat, and booze. His hand instantly moved down to his ribs where the pain had grown worse. The troll gritted his teeth and squinted his eyes, putting pressure onto the wound. He looked down at it, not needing to lift anything out of the way because of his lack of a shirt, finally realizing the severity. The human's kick left a massive bruise, and the rib was definitely broken.

With a sigh, Kaz tossed his legs over the side of his bed. He jumped down with a soft ‘thump,' managing not to wake Dax who slept below him. There was one ear in the room that twitched however, the long purple ear flicking at the sound. Kolnaron had been awaking, going over the memory of Kaz and the Warsong assaulting his home over and over. With the thought fresh in his mind, the gladiator-druid pulled the dagger from it's sheath at his side, silently following Kaz.

The troll left the barracks, looking up at the night sky. There were an uncountable number of stars, forming ancient constellations his father had told him about years ago, when their relationship was still a close bond. His favorite now, was that of Ogoun and the Kraken. It was said (at least by his father) that years after the waves crashed over I'lalia, and the Gurubashi fell, Ogoun struck down the terrible beast as an act of revenge for destroying his favored Empire. Kaz thought about his father, face moving into a deeper frown.

The pain in his ribs ushered him to move on.

Kaz walked across the island, finding himself in the mess hall. It was devoid of any life, aside from one of the many rats that lived in the building gnawing on a piece of stale bread that had been laid out. The food at the buffet was cold by now, but Kaz felt like eating something could take his mind off the pain of a cracked rib.

Kolnaron wasn't far behind, dagger still at the ready.

Kaz grabbed a tray, as well as a plate. He only managed to stack a piece of bread and jerky onto his plate, before he felt the tip of cold steel sliding into his back, followed by a warm gush of blood. The troll almost collapsed, but managed to keep his legs up, forcing the pain from his mind. Kaz gripped the heavy metal tray with both hands, quickly turning as the blade withdrew itself, slamming it into his attacker's skull.

Kolnaron stumbled back, moving his hands to his head. Kaz took one massive step forward, cracking the tray down on the man's head once more. Kol would have buckled, falling to his knees if Kaz's weapon hadn't bent at the force of the blow. Kol stumbled back a few more steps, shaking his head. With a word, a massive root shot up through the wooden floorboards, wrapping it's self around Kaz's leg. Thorns grew from it almost instantly, digging into the troll's flesh. The elf advanced once more, attempting to swing the dagger at Kaz in an arc. The troll blocked the dagger with his bent food tray, sparks flying through the air. The elf brought the dagger down, Kaz trying to step back. His foot was still caught by the root however, sending him down to the ground. The dagger cut across Kaz's chest as he fell, thankfully not moving in very deep.

The troll looked back at the buffet, reaching out with a lanky arm to grab a fork just in reach. The elf struck down with the dagger again, Kaz smacking the elf's weapon away with the tray once more. Now he had a makeshift shield and weapon, holding the tray and fork as such. He ripped his leg free from the now-wilting root, scrambling back.

He lunged forward with the fork, catching Kol in the shoulder, but the elf returned by slicing Kaz's left leg with the dagger. He was clearly losing the fight now, with nothing but the fork and tray to defend himself with. The slamming of steel against Kaz's metal tray woke the chef however, who had his gun at the ready. He fired a shot into the air as Kol lunged at Kaz once more, causing both combatants to hit the deck.

Kaz looked down at the pool of blood beneath him, his head growing faint from too much of the red liquid exiting his system. Despite the demands of the teachers, Kaz had to heal his wounds... And quickly. The last thing he saw before passing out was the chef aiming down his sights at the two, and the elemental magic wrapping around his hands, moving into his wounds.

An hour later, Kaz woke with his knees pressed close against his chest, his now-healed back and shins pressing against metal. The only way he could see was through a small slit high above him. The troll groaned, realizing at once that he had been put into... ‘The Box'.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

The box was hell on earth for Kaz; if he wasn't standing straight as a pole, bare flesh would press against the smoldering metal coffin he was forced into. Every minute was a life time, accented by the torture caused by each individual sweat droplet 'ploping' onto the ground. For days it went on with this, but one of the worst things was knowing that the elf who attacked him was only feet away, in his own box. He wanted with every fiber of his body to break out of his steel can and wrap all six of his fingers around the purple beast's neck.

Several arm lengths away, Kolnaron harbored the same sentiments, picturing a root wrapping around Kaz's neck, thorns pushing their way from it's green skin past the troll's fur into his skin. Blood would flow from his wounds just as they had flown from those of his loved ones. Kol could glare into the troll's eyes as he had all the others who had committed the terrible crimes that day. This troll was the last one; The last one until he could be at peace.

After a week and a half of being in each of their respective prisons, the two were let from their cages. An orcish guard was on either side of both cells, ready to escort the gladiator trainees from their boxes back onto the 'campus'. They were given back their weapons and armour, and escorted back to the barracks. A single security guard stayed in the room while they settled, before both troll and elf went their separate ways. At least for now.

Kaz wormed his way through the school looking for Dax, kicking up dust and dirt as he went, getting used to using his legs for something other than standing once more. His eyes darted from side to side, looking for his friend just as much as his enemy. The shaman stopped in the center of the campus, looking either which way, trying to figure out where his orc ally would be lurking. Spying the dueling circle, Kaz headed toward the side entrance which lead under the bleachers. Dax enjoyed the occasional smoke under there.

Kaz stepped past the first support pillar, and heard a scream that could put fear into any man's mind; Yet it wasn't a scream of pain, nor terror, but a battle cry. The battle cry of a Warsong, and as far as Kaz knew, there was only one Warsong on this damn island. Kaz peered through the seats, and into the arena. There, Dax and the night elf that constantly tailed Kolnaron were locked in battle.

Dax screamed in the elf's face as his opponent reeled from a head-butt to his skull. The so far un-named elf gathered himself fast enough to stagger to the side, and away from Dax's massive axe as it moved down in an arc, slamming into the compacted ground, sending a crack through the dry soil several feet in front of, and behind the impact zone. Yanking the axe from the ground, the orc left himself wide open to the swift kick delivered to his gut by the elf.

Dax was knocked to his side, axe now several feet away. The elf grabbed his own blade from the ground, attempting to stab it down into Dax. The orc managed to bring a plated hand hard against the side of the elf's blade as it plummeted, causing it to narrowly miss his chest. Using the same hand, Dax smashed his gauntled-covered hand into the elf's knee... A snap resounded through the arena, causing Kaz to cringe on the sidelines. As the elf went down to his good knee, Dax pushed off the ground with his legs, driving his head once more into the elf's.

The two fell to the ground, the elf pinned under his opponent, both somewhat dazed; Still though, Dax brought his fists down on the elf's face, the only indication that he was actually hitting home being the faint squish of his hand turning the elf's head into a pulp. Kaz managed to catch a glimpse of Dax's eyes as he continued to pummel the elf, painfully aware that the Warsong bloodlust was in place. If someone didn't interfere soon, the elf would surely die.

As if reading his mind, four guards came from the sidelines, pulling Dax off of the elf, using as much of their strength as they could to restrain him. Half dragging him from the arena, the guards managed to get Dax out of the pit, while two medics entered after they were gone. They pulled the elf onto a stretcher, running off with him to the medic's tent for immediate care.

Kaz sprinted toward the area Dax was pulled off to, ducking under pillars and support beams to get there in time, but just as he reached his friend, the guards pulled him into a solitary area so he could cool off, away from any outside influence. Deciding to trudge back under the bleachers to relieve himself, the only way he knew how, Kaz pulled a neat joint from his pocket. Snapping his fingers, a small spark lit the paper.

Kaz leaned against a support beam, letting out a long stream of smoke from his nose. It flowed over his eyes, and up through his bangs. As he took another puff, a stiff hand grabbed hold of Kaz's ponytail, and the cold metal of a dagger touched just below his adam's apple. A voice as cold as the dagger on his skin whispered into Kaz's ear, "Your friend might have killed my ally, troll. I know you told him to do it; Told him to ruin my life even more. You're going to pay for this, but this time in front of a crowd, in front of the whole of Steamgear Isle. Two days from now, we'll fight in the arena."

With that, the elf cut a thin slice through Kaz's neck, a trickle of blood pouring down his bare fur-covered chest. The elf pushed Kaz forward, the joint falling to the ground. Without a sound, the elf melded back into the shadows, skulking off to check on his friend. Kaz looked down at his fallen blunt, grabbing it between his lips once more, and taking a long breath. Without a word, he sulked back to Dax's resting place, waiting for his friend as he mulled over the last few moments.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Later That Day

Kaz pulled his gloves on one at a time; Each had metal plating on the backs of the hands, and running up his forearm to just under his elbow. Two spikes protruded from the knuckles on both hands, the dark black metal seeming to absorb the light around it. A moment after they were in place, these spikes found themselves lodged deep within the burlap sack that was the training dummy's torso. Kaz ripped downward, causing the sack to tear open, spilling straw all over the troll's feet. Within a fraction of a second, his hands were moving once more, ramming his two right claws into the dummy's jaw; It's crudely drawn face stared at Kaz with an expression of surprise, as the two blades protruded from the top of it's wooden skull. The troll unsheathed his weapon from the straw-man's skull, doing an informal about face.

Within a few moments, Kaz had the fist weapons off, and his hands free. The troll stepped into the hospital wing of the Gladiator's Ring, looking around for Dax. Ah! There he was, just past the amputee, and before the two headed ogre bickering over who's side of the body got hurt the most...

Kaz clasped a hand on the weary Dax's shoulder; It really was amazing how much going into a berserk rage can tire someone out. Kaz had no doubts that he would be back up and about in another hour though. After exchanging greetings, Kaz told Dax his opponent had indeed died, and then about his own confrontation. Dax nodded, grinning widely as he heard that Kaz would be going through with the fight; The best part was, they were graduating the day after, so Kaz's fight might very well be the last one on the island. The orc's head could already see the fight playing out...

Blood. Blood was all encompassing. It covered Kaz's arms, legs, torso... Even his vision was running red with adrenaline, rage, power. Another root shot up from the ground, with both Kaz's left and right arms now being bound by the druid's tangling roots. After he finished casting the spell, the elf took a step forward, and lunged for Kaz. The elf's features were largely unnoticeable to Kaz; He was simply a shadow of dark red on a dark red landscape.

Kaz yanked one of the roots partially from the ground, the elf's dagger coming into contact with, and slicing mostly through, the thick root rather than Kaz's stomach. The troll used this moment of surprise to his advantage. The blades on his right hand began to shimmer with power as they were coated in electricity. The troll rammed the blades up, catching the elf across the chest. The power of a lightning bolt shot the elf nearly fifteen feet back, the two new scars on his chest oozing out blood that was currently boiling on his chest.

The elf howled in pain, and rolled over onto his hands and knees. He healed a minimal amount, just enough to stop it from the massive bleeding that was soon to come. Aside from several other cuts, and the two on his chest now, the elf was unharmed. Kaz on the other hand, had roots, vines, and other foliage clinging to his body, each with sharp thorns digging into his skin. Even after they were cut off from the main part of their individual plants, they still writhed on him, constricting tighter and tighter. Cutting, deeper, and deeper...

...Kaz tore his teeth into a vine on his left arm, the plant falling to the ground, tossing to the left and right like a fight out of water. The troll kept ripping vines off of himself as the elf wobbled to a stable stand. They may be enemies, but the elf deserved an honorable fight; That was the least Kaz could do. The elf, Kolnaron, charged at Kaz. When he was several feet away, the druid leaped, in mid-air changing into a panther.

Kaz had seen this maneuver many times in Ashenvale... It was awe inspiring really, but had so many open flaws. Fighting like a beast always did. Kaz took a single step forward, ducking low. The beast sailed above him, and just as it began it's descent, Kaz rammed his two right blades into the cat, the back of his hand facing it's head. Gravity did all the work, dragging the blade into, and along the belly of the shapeshifted elf. The cat rolled across the ground, tumbling for several feet, as blood oozed from it's wounds.

It quickly rolled over, blood now pouring from the wounds, it's back right leg hanging almost uselessly at it's side. The cat turned back into an elf as Kaz charged, getting into the best battle stance that it could with a ruined leg. Kaz swooped down with his left claw, Kolnaron catching it with his dagger; Unexpectedly, the druid yanked another hidden dagger from somewhere on his side, and drove it into Kaz's gut before the troll could react. Kaz coughed blood into his opponent's face, as the dagger exited his back. A moan from the crowd could be heard as Dax witnessed the event.

Kaz fell to his knees, arms also going limp at his sides. The elf grinned, pulling his dagger up for one last stroke; A downward arc into the back of Kaz's drooping head. Before the dagger finished it's course however, the elf was being embraced as it may seem, by Kaz. The troll's arms were wrapped around Kolnaron's stomach, but as the elf felt the thrum of energy, he knew that Kaz wasn't begging for his life. The peal of dozens of lightning bolts went off at once in the arena, causing everyone to send their hands to their ears, and squint their eyes as the lightning blinded them.

The blast sent Kaz flying, into the arena wall, where his head made contact with a sick 'squish'. As for the Elf, his ashes tumbled down to the ground, after remaining in suspension for several moments. A gust of wind a moment later took the smoldering smoke, ashes, and dust, and swirled them around the arena. After the crowd recovered, the group let out a cheer; It wasn't often they got to see someone completely incinerated.

Kaz sat at the bow of the boat, looking out over the water. His hand idly brushed against the new scar tissue across both of his arms. A path of electricity was now forever etched in the shaman's flesh, a reminder of the battle that seemed like a blur now. Just... A bunch of red. How he had stabbed the elf, been stabbed, let the lightning flow, and how soon after, the dust had rose like smoke, carrying Kolnaron's ashes away. Some day, maybe, Kaz would call to Kolnaron's spirit, and ask for forgiveness. Maybe, if the elf was willing, when they both had passed on, they could be allies in undeath, but it seemed like a long shot to the troll, as he watched the setting sun.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As the Dust Settles Beltharean 0 520 07-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Beltharean
  The Mark of a Predator [Warden] [Complete] Scout 5 1,559 04-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Scout
  Transcendance [Necromancer](Complete) Aphetoros 8 1,708 02-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  The Mark Has Been Made [Fel-Sworn] [Complete] Torches 7 2,026 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Torches
  Death's Saint [Shadow Ascendant][Complete] Duraza 18 3,381 01-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Duraza