The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Redemption through the winds of battle
Part One - Two Brothers

Avints let out a long and angered sigh as he let his legs hang from one of the higher ledges at the Stormwind harbour, looking out to sea. He's been recommended it by a hastily passing Draenei, claming that it would ‘Help sort out his thoughts' looking into this distance, however that Draenei had gone as quickly has he had arrived, boarding a vessel that would take him to Night Elf lands.

For the next few hours, Avints would remain mostly quiet, flicking through his weathered libram for any potential piece of advice or guidance that he surely must of missed up to now. Any searches through the glorified book came up with nothing…absolutely nothing.

Avints came to a simple conclusion; there wasn't a path forward. All who strayed from the light would lose the guidance. He slowly began to stand, when he heard a familiar tune…

14 years prior

An Avints of 10 years old rushed through the farm fields, breathing fast as he kept running, glancing around quickly, looking for the person he was looking for.

”Bet you can't catch me brother!”

The voice came from his left, from the inside of a barn. Avints charged into the barn, inside it was cluttered and dusty with the only source of light coming from a hole in the wall, Avints however did not notice the trip wire on the floor, and fell straight down in a crumpled heap. As he attempted to get back up, he was quickly patted on the back of the head.

“Avy' you'll never catch me if you just run into my traps all the time…”

Avints stood up to look at the individual. He looked a lot older than Avints, with long hair tied back into a ponytail, blunt features and no facial hair. He would look roughly the age of sixteen, and was Gavin Bronzecrest – Avints brother and the first born of the Bronzecrest family.

“I'll catch you the day you stop cheating…”

“It's not cheating…”

”We said no traps to be placed this time.”

“That doesn't stop me placing them before.”

Gavin at that moment began to whistle his annoying tune, a tune he would often make just to annoy Avints every now and then. A short moment later, Gavin chuckled and sprinted off, Avints chasing after him.

Present Day

Perhaps he had gone insane…
Avints kept walking around Stormwind, trying to find the source of this tune. It was similar, but it wasn't just a simple whistle, it was echoed and backed up by what sounded like of all things a Banjo. He kept searching, this search taking him outside the city. It became apparent that no on else seemed to be paying much attention to the noise, only himself.

His search would take him through the forest and into the clearing. Straight ahead he saw a human, playing a banjo and whistling the familiar tune. He wore reddish dark grey armour…felsteel…-his- felsteel.

When Avints had first took off his armour made by Shal'Serra – Also know as Sylvandre, leader of The Pride – for him, he had mainly done it to shut up Tirius, and hastily hid his armour at a part in the Azhara Crater. When he had returned, the armour was simply gone and he was stuck in spare and aged armour.

Of course, now someone else wore the armour, straight ahead.

“You…”

Avints looked at the figure, which immediately stopped playing and whistle, placing the Banjo to one side.

“To you also…Avints.”

The figure opened his eyes; a sharp and cold blue gazed out. It became immediately apparent that this individual was a death knight.

“How do you know my name?”

“Let's call it…Family love shall we?”

Avints blink, a feeling of shock began to talk over.

”F-Father?”

Before Avints could react, the Death Knight rushed forward, swinging his banjo at Avints head. The Banjo broke on impact with a loud twang as Avints fell to the ground.

“No silly…fel, you are as dumb as it seems…”

Avints would glare up at the figure.

“Then…care to tell me?”

The death knight lets out a monotone chuckle.

“If you didn't notice from the tune…”

“I'd rather not have...Gavin?”
Gavin nodded back.

”Correct little brother…not as little granted.”

He began to pace back and forth.

“Not so successful being a mighty defend of the alliance like those that took you away said…you handle that elf terribly also…”

A feeling of rage over came Avints, not only had his brother fell and become a Death Knight…but to ridicule him?

“I don't know where it went wrong…what's happened has happened…”

“You assume too much…”

“She thought all she brought was suffering…I couldn't persuade her…”

“You even found a body?”

“…No…”

Gavin would go to kick Avints in the chest.

“Stupid brother, you assume too much…think it over…”

“No…I don't want to have my hopes destroyed…”

“So you sit outside the Cathedral all day…trying to confess, only plucking the courage when a gnome tries to also…but I wager that you didn't confess…either of you…out too quickly.”

“I'd just rather forget all this happened…”

Gavin would stand right next to Avints head.

“So to give up instead? Weak…”

“Give me –my- armour back…undead.”

Gavin would proceed to kick him again.

“Get your talents in the light back, and the armour is all yours…”

Avints would spit on Gavin's boot.

“Easier said than done…”

Gavin would quite easily pick up Avints libram, dropping a seal on his head.

“You forget things too quickly…”

“I can't go there…”

“Afraid or…?”

“I had the light last time…I could get there…”

“Well, you want the light back…your going to have to go –there-…”

Gavin closes the book, dropping the libram on Avints head.

“I'll even meet you there to hand the armour over...brother…”

Gavin would open up a small book of his own, writing something as he walked off. Avints would slowly get to his feet, exhaling. He looked at the seal, it was simple likely mass-produced, and as a mark of saying one had completed a pilgrimage to the tomb of the light bringer.

“So…I go there once more…”

He slowly stands up.

“I'll catch you this time Brother…”
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

Part 2 – “Battlewind!”

Avints rubbed his head, groaning as he stood up. A throbbing head ache…a hangover no doubt. He knew enough that he was in Hilsbrad however and had decided to go north, as it would be near to the Tomb of the Light Bringer. After a short while of waiting for his headache to stop, he picked up his possessions and left the tavern.

He took a final few moments to look around the town of South Shore, as it was going to be the last place of the Alliance he would see for a while, for the main reason that the plague lands was simply a place of undead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gavin spent a short while examining his armour, sitting inside the lower part of the Ebon Hold. He knew that Felsteel armour affected the living, but he was dead…surely it didn't affect him? He had observed Avints for a while, seeing as he became the grumpy excuse of a person…but his blood flowed…Gavin's didn't.

He removed the thought, whenever or not it was good or bad, the armour would soon no longer be his in a few hours. Of course, that was assuming his living brother would be stubborn enough.

Gavin would walk over to bone gryphon, and ride it down to the base of the Hold to his Death Steed that awaited him. He could have summoned it, but it was a horse, not a tool. Gavin would mount his horse, setting off at a decent pace towards the Shrine of the light bringer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The Tomb of the Light Bringer…”

Avints had finally arrived at the Tomb of the Light Bringer, or to others, simply Uther's Tomb. And there just so happened to be his brother…or an undead one anyway…

“About time you'd arrived Avints…”

“I'm here…”

“Is the light…?”

“…What do you think…?”

Gavin would then sigh. “…What would I think…you're an idiot…?”

“The lights no longer something about me…”

“Then what is?”

Avints wouldn't answer, namely because he didn't know what to say. He –was- a paladin and he was a member of the Pride. With no light, he's not a paladin and the Pride was full of elves that he believes hate's him.
Avints was about to answer with nothing, but the clash of steel ran over the both of them.

“Guess you'll have to answer later then…Brother.”

Gavin drew his weapon, it glowing a faint red as he rushed over to the other side. Avints stood still for a short while, wondering if he should just walk away.

“What the fel, I've got nothing to lose…”

Avints slowly began to walk over the crest, upon which he saw a skirmish of sorts. For the amount of time he had been watching the fight, he could not tell how many undead there were, but in the centre of the heap stood around ten fully armour individuals, it was quickly easy to tell that they members of the Argent Dawn, black and white.

They were out numbered, but from the looks of it highly organised and at the centre of the group was what seemed to be a banner, being held high.

“Likely a last stand…”

Gavin had re-sheathed his weapon and had began to look out slightly away from the group as a few skeletal Magi began to approach the engagement, preparing to cast magic's of varying schools. A few moments' later bolts of Fire, Ice and Shadow rain upon the endangered Argents, it seemed to be other.

“Battlewind!”

Within moments, the banner began to glow a prismatic hue, and moments after that the bolts seemed to just fade away, hitting their un-phased targets.

“Cut them down!”

In moments, the figure holding the banner became visible, armoured just like the other members of the dawn, leading them out of what would have been a massacre. Slowly, but steadily the majority of the Argent's make their way out the group of undead, most of which being slain where they stood.

“Once more! The light prevails!”

Within moments, the banner began to glow again, this time however with a simple holy light. After a brief second, a blinding light went off it, Avints trying to reach and block his eyes. He was however too late, and remained dazed for a while.

When his sight finally returned, the battle was over and the Argents had routed the undead, those minions without intelligence of their own returned to being lifeless once more. When Avints could properly see again, he noticed that the Argents had made their way up onto the hill he and Gavin were on.

Except Gavin wasn't around anymore. The standard bearer approached Avints when he could properly see.

“What brings you here? Pilgrimage to the Tomb just behind you of the light bringer?”

Avints assumed the question was rhetorical, but to be honest he didn't care…whatever the individual before him did with the banner gave him a passion he had thought lost.

“What…How did you do that?”

The Argent laughs for a moment.

“Which part?”

“All of it…”

“Power of the Light, and controlling the winds of battle.”

Avints looked down at the moment. If powers like this had been under his nose all this time…

“I'm assuming you're here for Pilgrimage…or redemption then…”

Avints looks at the Argent quickly.

“But could you learn it…without the light?”

The Argent smiles slightly.

“Possible…but the desire to lead tends to give the rewards of the light…if you were willing to learn.”

A surge of hope came through Avints. This was a path that would allow him to get his light back, and allow him to make a difference…and maybe even redemption for things he has done.

“When could I start…sir?”

“Gabrian Lightstand, Exemplar…and it can start now…with learning how to carry a banner properly…”

Gabrian then held out the banner to Avints.

“I'd place one hand at the bottom and one in the middle, seeing as there isn't going to be any combat hopefully as we make our way to Light's Hope…”

The banner was heavy, but after a short while Avints managed to hold the banner without it swaying too badly in the wind.

“Good…light protect you should you drop it…that will forever remain more valuable than the life of the exemplar that holds it…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while of trekking over the plague lands, they had finally arrived at Lights Hope.

“Well…you've held the banner for long enough, and held it high…most of the time.”

Gabrian then turned to look at Avints in an observing manner.

“We'll need to do something about your armour…it looks like it is about to fall off…and you'll need a tabard…you part of the dawn for the time being…initiate.”

“If you need to know, my names—

“Sort out your armour…whilst holding the banner.”

Avints proceeded to blink in surprise, but began to head over to the armours, carrying the banner as he did.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Part 3 - Shout before you can lead...then lead.

Avints had spent roughly a day holding the banner after getting some new armour and a tabard of the dawn. He had wondered for most of it if the Examplar would actually return and teach him the arts of it.

After a while, he had eventually saw the Examplar approach, holding a relativly small banner, and setting it down at one side.

"Avints...if I'm correct?"

"Yes."

Gabrian smirks to himself. "Well...if you want to be able to lead...your going to need to shout...it's a good start...seeing as we cannot do certain aspects..."

Avints would raise a eyebrow before Gabrian quickly looks back at Avints.

"Well...the main goal in regards to shouting is not to be loud...it is to not look like a idiot..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

After a while of shouting later, Avints needed a drink. His throat was sore from the hours spent shouting random words and commands which had earned numerous odd looks from passing crusaders. Gabrian waved a hand in Avints face as a sign for him to stop.

"Well...you can shout...or could."

His tone changed from a passive one to a tone that felt negative.

"But theres going to be a problem...there's only one reason people go to Uther's Tomb Avints..."

Avints remained silent for a moment, looking away.

"You need to get the light back...or I can't teach you much."

"There has to be something..."

"There is...oddly enough."

Gabrian walked over to the smaller banner, still wrapped up. He upwraps it to reveal a small flag with the colours of stormwind on it. He taps a small box near to where the flag comes off.

"There are a few things...examplars use the light and the battlewind sure...but some of the vital things are rather simple...take this flare box for instance."

Avints raises a eyebrow. "Whats the point in having flares?"

Gabrain would then look at Avints. "Because someone doesn't have the abilty to glow with the light Avints...Now..." he extends the banner, offering it to Avints. "Now you learn the basics...you've watched me and even shouted what you need to say. Let the battlewind however expand on that...how do we rally, and focus on taking down enemys...?"

Avints took a firm grip of the banner, looking up at it. It was rather small and bland with a single small flag coming across it, the flare box being exceptionally easy to see.

"Say the word..."

Avints took a deep breath.

"As one!"

Nothing happened, Gabrian face palming behind him.

"Too much...passion...think seriously."

"As one!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few hours would pass with attempt after attempt, eventually however...

"As one!"
The banner began to feel a little lighter, and then a flare fired from the banner, a small red flame going about ten extra foot into the air, and remaining there for about twenty seconds.
"Good...but now the hard part."
"You mean..."

Gabrian shook his head. "You need the light on yourside Avints...and practice doesn't help...give yourself a chance...get the light back by lawful means...and practice shouting of course..."

Gabrain gets out a small book passing it to Avints.

"A guide on the shouts...it won't say what they do...only what to say...now...return south...get the light back...and see me once more...if you think you can..."

Avints nods his head at Gabrain. "I'll...do what I can." he turns and starts to leave, before getting stopped by Gabrain holding some rope.

"It's a small banner...why not tie it to your back hmm?"

Avints takes the rope. "I'll see what I can do..." with that he turns and actually leaves, looking at the banner in his hand. "I just have to cross the plaguelands first."

"Find Redemption through the winds of battle Avints...light Bless you."
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Part 4 – Practice Makes Perfect.

Avints had found himself travelling to Booty Bay in Stranglethorn. He had pondered where he would go to practice with what he had learned and also where he could possibly get the light back.

He'd actually gotten some practice after encounter a Draenei Paladin that looked for individuals to assist her fighting a group of bandits. That engagement resulted in success somehow alongside Avints discovering a trick to the banner…
---------------------------------------------------------
-A few hours prior-

Avints had found himself sitting in the tavern, slowly sipping his drink as he looked at the banner placed on the table in front of him. His main interest however was with the box at the top, which he knew fired flares of some sorts. He wondered however how shouting in a particular tone set it off.

He'd been shouting “As one!” all the way to the bay, trying to find out if it was the tone he said it in that would set off the flares. Sometimes it fired when he shouted, however in other occasions it just went off on it's own.

He began to examine the flare box by placing his hands around it, trying to find some source of how the flares fired. Eventually, he saw a very small piece of string coming from the box, trailing down the banner. He grinned to himself as he slowly tugged it, noticing something going on in the flare box, he then stopped.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avints had sat in the tavern, having a short break from looking around for trouble when a goblin walked up to him a tossed a letter in his way. One the envelope, there was a seal of the Argent Dawn.

“Gabrian…”

Avints opened the letter, and began to read.

Quote:“Avints…

By the time you read this, I will have retired from the Argent Dawn frontlines for reasons I'll not go into. Even if the light hasn't returned, perhaps we should meet and you should at least…practice some of the techniques…

Till then, I recommend reading that book and at least shouting every now and then when alone or something, that should help get yourself into the mind set of a Exemplar…or pass time…it depends on your will to continue…”

Avints then went to flick through the book he had been given earlier, flicking through to one of the pages detailing a shout that could inspire allies to fight harder. He gathered his possessions and went to leave booty bay, shouting the same thing over and over again as he did.

“Cut them down!”
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liana and the battle for the Exodar. Aadora 0 519 03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Aadora
  Redemption muhaha8 1 817 02-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  Beyond Redemption BloodSeraph 0 589 02-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Last Post: BloodSeraph
  A Soldiers Redemption [Complete] Jacula 12 2,441 08-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Jacula